Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

MAUICUDA

Input Select jumps to Live-TV without using remote

Question

Hardware: LG OLED55B7P, and Spectrum Cable box. When  I use the Spectrum remote to select "GUIDE"; so I can details about program before selecting to RECORD - whenever I push the Spectrum remote button that says "Guide", the TV at the same time changes my normal input from HDMI to "Live TV".

This is a new problem; am not sure when it started. Will I have to do the LG download again?

3 answers to this question

THE SPECTRUM REMOTE AND ITS BOX ARE PROPERLY GOING TO THE "GUIDE" FUNCTION WHEN I PRESS "GUIDE" ON THE REMOTE. THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I PUSH THE "GUIDE" BUTTON, IT ALSO CAUSES THE LG  OLED TV TO CHANGE INPUT FROM HDMI TO DIRECT TV (ANTENNA TV). I DO NOT HAVE ANTENNA; AM ONLY USING CABLE BOX TO PROVIDE SIGNAL TO TV. DO NOT SEE HOW ANY CABLE BOX SETTING CAN CAUSE THE TV TO CHANGE INPUT, UNLESS TV IS MALFUNCTIONING, OR REMOTE CONTROL IS PUTTING OUT TWO CONTROLS AT THE SAME TIME; IE: TURN ON "GUIDE" FUNCTION, AND AND CHANGE INPUT TO ANTENNA, EVEN WITHOUT SELECTING INPUT FUNCTION WITH THE LG REMOTE FIRST.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• HDMI ARC - Audio Out Not Working (Again)

I'm not getting any audio from the apps via the HDMI via ARC connection to my receiver.  This occurred two weeks ago and was unable to resolve it, but ironically there was new firmware released that same day for my B6 (3/31/17) and this fixed the issue.  However, now I again can't get it working after a TV reset and tinkering with the audio settings again.  I tried to load the firmware again, but it appears this is not possible to forceable load the same firmware.

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: Can i program the netflix button

Hi everyone, I am new to Webos and to the forum...i am sure this question has been answered before but i can't find the answer. Can i program the netflix button on the remote to launch a another app? also my TV isn't connected to any live tv services....can i change webOS to automatically start an app when switched on?   Regards,Bar1

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Magic Remote support for controlling Definitive Technology Studio W sound bar

The Magic Remote has universal remote control support for a number of different sound bar brands, but not for Definitive Technology and their W Studio sound bar model.  I would like to see this support added.  It would also be nice if the interface allowed manually setting the remote control codes for various functions, in the case where corresponding devices are not listed.

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: Fetch TV Magic Remote support

Fetch TV is a very popular set top box in Australia. Please let me know how the magic remote can be configured to control it.   Many thanks   Dan

• Question: TV's User Guide DOA!

My brand new 75UK6190PUB  TV's  USER GUIDE  seems to have no response once reaching its home page. I press HOME on the remote .  Then select the USER GUIDE app from the bottom of the screen. The home page of the USER GUIDE displays full screen with NONE of the topics highlighted. All attempts to progress in the guide fail including the arrow keys. The only remote button button that works is EXIT (and POWER of course). Using the USER GUIDE on a Chromebook from the LG website seems to work fine. I have NOT attempted to upgrade the firmware yet, allowing for the possibility that I am doing an incorrect action. I forgot to gather my product's S/N & current firmware version when composing this message on my desktop PC, but will provide them upon request. I do not yet have a keyboard and mouse connected to the TV yet, and am using other devices to use this forum.