Quantcast

OLED55C8: Can I have a different source on power up?

NikD63

Question

I just got an OLED55C8. I won't have a cable or antenna connection to it, nor will I have any other devices physically connected to it. So there are no input sources to choose from. Everything I view will be coming through WiFi.

Whenever I turn on the TV, it comes on with the TV source selected. And because I have no signal sources connected to it I get a random noise picture and sound. If the volume was up high on the previous viewing, the random noise is pretty loud. It can be pretty jarring at times.

Is there some way I can set it so that upon power-up one of my streaming apps, such as YouTube TV or Netflix, is selected? Or can it come on with the volume off and on the home screen? If not, is there some way I can at least set the default volume level used at power on?

• Thanks 1

7 answers to this question

There is another thread on this.... given the small number of views/comments to this one....let's move it to the other.....

But quickly.... you are not alone.... it's a stupid "feature" that was great when the family used to gather round and watch the radio.....

3 hours ago, NikD63 said:

I heard from LG confirming that this is not possible. I went ahead and bought myself a cheap indoor antenna just to stop the noise. This was LG's response.

That's a real bummer. I only have YouTube TV. It really disrupts the user experience having to select the input every single time and wait for YouTube TV to open. Would be a very nice feature to have being able to change the startup to any app.

I heard from LG confirming that this is not possible. I went ahead and bought myself a cheap indoor antenna just to stop the noise. This was LG's response.

In response to your concern, there is no option to disable Live TV as it is the default input of the unit when there are no external devices connected to it. When the TV is powered back on, it will display the last input used. If you did not use an external device before turning off the TV, it will show Live TV as it is the only connection available through coaxial. It is also not possible for the unit to go back to the last application before it was turned on. This is because an application will close once you exit the app screen. 

Following up on this...you can start using quickstart and hold down the 1 key once the TV is on, but is there a way to automatically start an app when you power the TV on without having to do this? I want to have YouTube TV start when I press the power button.

On 4/9/2019 at 4:07 AM, Patterson said:

Following up on this...you can start using quickstart and hold down the 1 key once the TV is on, but is there a way to automatically start an app when you power the TV on without having to do this? I want to have YouTube TV start when I press the power button.

My TV has a magic remote, so no 1 key to press. Is there an equivalent for magic remote?