Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Alex

LG selects Korbyt platform as webOS signage partner

This new combination will provide LG customers with a complete digital signage solution in the form of multi-functional displays without the need for additional external devices.

webOS Signage Korbyt

The RMG Networks Korbyt platform has been selected as a webOS signage partner of global electronics giant LG.

The combination will provide LG customers with a complete digital signage solution in the form of multi-functional displays without the need for additional external devices. It will also allow content managed within the Korbyt platform to be displayed directly onto webOS powered LG screens of all sizes, even mobile phones, thanks to the platform’s mobile app extension.

In addition, LG’s clients already using webOS Signage can now choose to use the Korbyt platform for all their enterprise visual communications. Korbyt clients with a preference for LG webOS Signage can stay true to their choice of display hardware.

Korbyt is RMG Networks’ state-of-the-art content management system for digital signage. It was developed with the aim of reinventing visual content creation, management and publishing across the widest possible range of digital end points. Featuring an intuitive user interface, including a drag-and-drop content creator, this cloud-based CMS engine enables companies to create immersive interactive visual communication applications which are reshaping customer, and employee, experiences.

webOS Signage is LG’s Linux kernel-based multitasking operating system for smart devices, such as smart TVs, acting as a media player for digital signage applications. It can now leverage key capabilities of the Korbyt platform, providing users with access to a wealth of options for segmented realtime data and content visualisation around the globe. It can all be managed efficiently from one central or multiple locations via an intuitive web-based portal.

Ben Johnston, vice president of product management at RMG Networks, said: “We are excited to be extending the reach of our Korbyt digital signage platform to LG webOS powered displays, and to be working with a huge company like LG. We recognise the quality, convenience, and performance that LG webOS provides to customers.

“Combined with our industry-leading data integration and content creation features, customers now have access to a powerful digital signage solution without the need for an external media player. This is a game-changing development for the digital signage industry.”

Source: https://www.avinteractive.com/news/business/lg-selects-korbyt-platform-webos-signage-partner-18-07-2018/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Forum Topics

• Question: LG UHD TV digital sound out popping noise problem

Dear Readers,

I've a strange issue that I've been struggling for a week. I bought an LG43UJ634V UHD TV and an LG LHB645N Home Theater in a Box system.
      I use HDMI ARC to connect the audio from the TV to receiver. LG has an option to chose between PCM or Auto at the Digital output settings.

If I use the PCM option everything sounds great, but I don't have 5.1, only 2.1.
      And here comes the problem. When I choose Auto, 5.1 is on, sounds great but I have occasional popping noise (like when play something on an old LP player) it happens random, but for example during a film, it is very annoying. It happens with YouTube, Netflix, DLNA streaming, external devices, so the content doesn't matter. I think I've tried everything. I tested it with different HDMI cables, optical cable, but still have the problem. I tested it with a sound bar as well, the problem is the same.
      When I play content from the receiver, there is no problem, the sound is wonderful, no popping. Also, the TVs speakers are okay.

I don't think it is a hardware issue, because the TV's sound is OK, the home theater's sound is OK, the problem only happens when I want to use the digital output of the TV (either HDMI ARC or Optical) with auto setting.
      I called LG as well, the rep. said the she will pass this info to the technical team.

Do you have any idea, that it can be solved, or I need to wait for a software update?

By Krash01, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 1 vote
      • 22 answers
    • Intuiface Announces Interactive Digital Signage Support for LG webOS Smart Displays

CHICAGO, ILL. AND TOULOUSE, FRANCE (PRWEB) JULY 24, 2018 Intuiface, provider of the world’s premier interactive experience creation platform, is pleased to announce support for the LG webOS operating system. All multi-touch content created with Intuiface software can now be run on all smart devices running webOS 3.0, 3.0+, and 4.0, including the LG TC3D series of Integrated Touch Boards with PCAP (projected capacitive) touch technology. With this announcement, Intuiface provides multi-touch signage option for webOS, enabling businesses to invest in and to realize the added benefits of interactive over passive signage. Built from the ground-up with touch capabilities at its core, Intuiface is a no-coding software platform enabling any organization to create and deliver gratifying, purposeful, data-driven digital experiences that connect people to place, powered by the latest interactive technologies. Advantages of interactive digital content include deeper, lasting engagement thanks to real-time personalization and the ability to track user preferences in context, generating actionable business insights. Organizations adopting webOS devices for digital signage distribution can now use the IntuiFace platform, empowering them to create personalized, template-free visual content, incorporate live connections to cloud-based data and APIs (including social networks, IoT, Web triggers), and adopt all core capabilities necessary for successful signage and kiosk deployments such as remote deployment, fine grained user data collection and analytics, scheduling, and the ability to work offline. The marriage between the Intuiface platform and webOS is rooted in work by Intuiface to port its HTML5-based runtime (aka Player) to the touch-enabled webOS Web browser. The result - complementing Intuiface’s previous work for other platforms – enables users and partners to both manually access and remotely deploy interactive experiences simply by entering a URL. The combination of Intuiface’s unique capabilities with the dramatically reduced total cost of ownership achieved by SoC-based LG webOS devices creates a compelling low-cost option in the signage market for content creation, deployment, and monitoring. It is estimated that projects built with these two platforms will reduce total cost of ownership by 65% and time-to-deployment by 50% over conventional display and content delivery approaches. “Devices running LG webOS, coupled with premier PCAP touch technology, have a price point and convenience that make interactive signage deployments – the natural evolution of passive signage – an excellent choice for businesses of any size,” added Vincent Encontre, COO, Intuiface. “Thanks to our technology partnership with LG, Intuiface has been able to make interactive signage creation accessible as well. We believe the market will be amazed at what can be achieved, triggering a significant increase in interactive webOS-based projects.” “Giving LG digital signage customers the ability to create multi-touch digital content through the Intuiface platform is consistent with our strategy to offer the best technology currently available in the industry,” said Jongjin Woo, ID Business Unit R&D Head, LG Electronics. “For organizations in search of an affordable, accessible path to creating interactive digital signage – even organizations with no development skills - Intuiface and LG offer a uniquely compelling, turnkey package.” Interactive experiences built using Intuiface Composer can be published to a public or private cloud storage account and then downloaded and run, using Intuiface Player, on the PCAP-based LG TC3D Interactive Digital Boards as well as on any other LG display series running LG webOS 3.0, 3.0+, or 4.0. Both Composer and Player can be trialed for free – without a time limit – or licensed with an annual subscription. Information for getting started can be found here. About Intuiface 
      Intuiface is the world’s premier platform for creating, deploying, measuring and managing deeply interactive digital experiences without writing code. Over 1400 companies across 90+ countries are connecting people to place using interactive options such as touch, RFID/NFC, beacons, Web APIs, Internet of Things, and much more. For any industry – including retail, hospitality, real estate, tourism, education – and for any intent – from digital signs to self-service kiosks and assisted selling. More at http://www.intuiface.com. About LG webOS Smart Signage Platform 
      LG webOS Smart Signage is a web-centric platform that powers the LG Digital Signage products. This developer-friendly platform provides powerful features to create your own web apps. Best of all, webOS Signage is compatible with major programming languages and technologies you are already familiar with, such as HTML, JavaScript, CS, and more. Source: https://www.prweb.com/releases/intuiface_announces_interactive_digital_signage_support_for_lg_webos_smart_displays/prweb15635607.htm

By Alex, in LG webOS for Signage

• 1 reply
    • Screencast and Windows 10: Solution!

Hi everyone so I searched high and low for a solution to my issue with Windows 10 and Screen Cast on my LG UK6300PUE not working and finally found a solution. For me, it had to do with my PC and TV connections. I like to hard wire everything and with both my PC and TV, they default to the more reliable, wired connection and disconnect the WiFi. Well from what I understand, Screen Cast is based off of Intel's WiDi technology, WHICH REQUIRES WIFI CONNECTIONS TO WORK! I did go through all the other suggestions, checking share settings in Windows and Media Player, resetting this and that. I'm not sure if I had to do any of that for Screen Cast to work but I did try all those common suggestion initially. So if Screen Cast is  still not working for you, try those other suggestions posted in numerous places here and other forums. I'm really surprised on all the forums I visited, this wasn't pointed out anywhere! I hope this helps those having issues with Screen Cast!   TL; DR: So basically on a WIRED connection, I could see my TV on my Windows 10 PC, but it would not connect. As soon as I connected BOTH my PC AND TV to WiFi, Screen Cast began to work.   My current LG UK6300PUE Software Version: 04.10.04 Windows 10 64-bit Build: Version 1803, OS Build 17134.34

By Ryan Lee, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Question: Record from app to external hard dick..

Hello .. i hope somebody can answer on my quistion .. how i can regester from youtube as example from lg oled 55c7v 55"a to externl hard dick.. ??  With best regards

By Ghaleb, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 2 answers
    • Question: signage and presentation

Hi all, I'm looking into options to display info/dashboards in screens across the office as well as being used as a wireless HDMI cable for presentations. I'd like to know if I find these features on the LG OS. I explain. When nobody is doing a presentation I'd like the screnens to displays a webpage or pages (with info, statisctics,..). Once we need the screen for a presentation, we can "connect" wirelessly to the device to display what we have on the screen of a laptop/tablet,... There's a device that does all that, it is called, Airtame. And I wonder if I can have these features directly form the TV/webOS Thank you Oli

By Olivier, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers