Quantcast

Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

OMG - this just started on my tv 8/7/23 and I've had my tv over a year. I've unplugged my router, my wi-fi but have not unplugged the tv itself.  It's disgusting to watch tv with this flashing off/on. I do not have cable tv.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 2:52 PM, Suz said:

OMG - this just started on my tv 8/7/23 and I've had my tv over a year. I've unplugged my router, my wi-fi but have not unplugged the tv itself.  It's disgusting to watch tv with this flashing off/on. I do not have cable tv.

I think mine just started around the same time.   Like an above poster for a long while it was just a remote pointer that would not work.   Then started getting the audio pauses when streaming video now getting the wired lan disconnected and connected messages and Wi-Fi turned off an audio freeze is much more frequently for the past few weeks.    I guess I have to check my warranty see if I can get a repair guy I don't know if they got to replace the power supply or the network card or wtf is going on.  My last firmware updated my TV was back in June not sure if that's related or not this feels like a hardware issue to me.

On 5/26/2020 at 5:46 AM, Daniel Ng said:

I had this issue for a while... it started off with the mouse pointer not working... then youtube video stutter and the popup coming up on and off more and more frequent. I had the TV wired through a 1 Meter cat5e cable to Dlink Gigabit Switch which is then connected through a 10Meter cat5e cable to the Router. I changed the switch to a TPLink unmanaged Pro switch and toggled the port to 100MF and it was alleviating the issue for a while before it get bad again. Then I swap out the 1Meter cable from a CAT5e to CAT6 and surprisingly, the problem goes away. It looks like the cable might have gotten bad over time.

I have the same exact issues and symptoms you describe for months now except that Wi-Fi is even worse than the ethernet.   

I found half a fix that is a solution for me.     I saw in a youtube video a guy who took apart his tv and fiddles with the ribbon that connects the wifi and IR to the circuit board.   He said to cut off the tape and flatten it out since LG literally tapes the ribbons together and then folds them in half.   So i did just that and now my wifi and magic remote pointer work which for a long while now I could not get to work at all it would keep going in and out randomly.   Unfortunately this did not help the problem with the ethernet going in and out.  That is still a problem so I just unplugged ethernet cable and now I'm using wifi and the remote works.  I'll take it.    We'll see how long this lasts.   Obviously something happened to either the cpu board or the power supply board and I have no idea which is the culprit.   The other things I did was remove the wire connecting them both and reconnecting but I'm leaning it towards being a problem with the main cpu board which has the ethernet jack on it.     

For all I know the remote and wifi not working  are a separate issue from the wired lan not working.   But I've read in this thread others who have both problems this might be a solution for you.    Look up Charles Yamabe on youtube.  With the video titled:   "How to fix the wifi on a LG TV (Wifi is turned off error)"

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 1:16 PM, Tider said:

Has anyone done a hard reset on the tv to see if it helped any?

I've done the requisite hard reset - the problem remains. I have also contacted LG support. They refuse to acknowledge this is an issue.  It stated with a firmware update back in 2018 and remains a problem to THIS day. I will never buy an LG product again, any product.

6 hours ago, Lord Delacroix said:

I've done the requisite hard reset - the problem remains. I have also contacted LG support. They refuse to acknowledge this is an issue.  It stated with a firmware update back in 2018 and remains a problem to THIS day. I will never buy an LG product again, any product.

see the above method.  I've also seen some other posts in the thread earlier already saying this worked for them.   You have to take your tv apart.   Then you will see the ribbon with the plug lavbeld wifi/IR    unplug it and carefully cut the tape off it and flatten the ribbon out as best you can then plug it back in and put the tv back.   Thats what what fixed my wifi connection,  and my magic remote.  lol..

I have a 50" LG TV I got second hand. It's great, the apps, etc don't really work, have no manual, it's fine with YouTube, Netflix, Disney+, etc. But it has a severely annoying pop up on the screen that says "wired Lan cable disconnected" I've tried manually adjusting settings, works for a bit, then comes back. Wireless works fine, it's not unplugged (or plugged) into anything other than power and DVD player. Very annoying, how do you fix this? Don't want to spend alot, if anything, and if I do, I'll just go buy another second hand tv, but shouldn't have to. Been reading it's a common problem, so why doesn't LG fix it? I got it second hand, so can't get a technician in on warranty, doesn't matter if it's a DVD movie or YouTube app ( I don't have cable TV service) the pop up still comes up.... Does anything work? I've reset the TV a number of times, that pop up just keeps coming up ! How do you do a firmware update? Don't think that would work, tho, as a few people said they tried that... 

Any suggestions or fixes ??? 

Thanks 😊 

On 8/17/2019 at 2:44 PM, Tider said:

I called LG customer service and they wanted  me to do a total reset on the tv.   I was  afraid it would wipe out my calibration that was done by a professional calibrator , so I didn’t try it.   

There has had to be some solution.   

It doesn't help anyway

... my tv is still doing the. Pop up and I reset everything.  

If you read through this entire thread, you will find that the only reliable fix that people have found is opening the TV and moving or just spraying the ribbon cable ends. I did this over a year ago and still is working fine. Admittedly this is an extreme measure for some people, but there are YouTube videos that show how to do it. My original post is: https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/3520-popup-messages-wired-lan-cable-disconnected-wired-network-is-connected/?do=findComment&comment=24874

Read serveral of the posts that just preceed mine and you will see many other people had good results. The only downside is that you have to be willing to risk damaging your TV, but in my case, I was willing to pay for a replacement TV to get rid of the problem, so this solution avoided buying a new TV. 

Edited by Philip Heavin

On 9/30/2023 at 11:16 PM, cooloutac said:

see the above method.  I've also seen some other posts in the thread earlier already saying this worked for them.   You have to take your tv apart.   Then you will see the ribbon with the plug lavbeld wifi/IR    unplug it and carefully cut the tape off it and flatten the ribbon out as best you can then plug it back in and put the tv back.   Thats what what fixed my wifi connection,  and my magic remote.  lol..

Nope - not doing that. And I'm never buying another LG product again.

9 minutes ago, Lord Delacroix said:

Nope - not doing that. And I'm never buying another LG product again.

well all tvs have similar problems.  but at least there is a posted fix for the LG.   In fact I just tried to take apart my sisters vizio tv,  and the ports and plugs aren't even labeled in there lol.  I felt the same as you though before I fixed the LG.

I have an LG TV and for the last year at least have always had this problem re the lan cable disconnect / reconnected.  What amazes me is that there has been almost no response from LG itself to either explain the problem and how to fix it or issue a firmware fix. As I also have had many other problems with the T V remote and the webos I certainly will not buy an LG TV again.

25 minutes ago, Roy Packham said:

I have an LG TV and for the last year at least have always had this problem re the lan cable disconnect / reconnected.  What amazes me is that there has been almost no response from LG itself to either explain the problem and how to fix it or issue a firmware fix. As I also have had many other problems with the T V remote and the webos I certainly will not buy an LG TV again.

I told you how to fix it above.  its amazing you are just ignoring my post and didn't even read the thread.

You are amazing. how did you know I ignored your post and did not read your thread?  If you read earlier post you will see that others have done what you have done, but the fault remained, as I found out (!!!)

1 hour ago, cooloutac said:

I told you how to fix it above.  its amazing you are just ignoring my post and didn't even read the thread.

9 hours ago, Roy Packham said:

It's only one way, because it's hardware problem, not software. See my earlier post with solution. It's super easy.

On 10/17/2023 at 1:48 PM, cooloutac said:

well all tvs have similar problems.  but at least there is a posted fix for the LG.   In fact I just tried to take apart my sisters vizio tv,  and the ports and plugs aren't even labeled in there lol.  I felt the same as you though before I fixed the LG.

you think so?  My Samsung TV's, 4 of them have NEVER had ANY issues whatsoever. I got this LG TV because I couldn't argue with the price: A 55" model for $129 at BestBuy and it was NEW.

10 hours ago, Lord Delacroix said:

you think so?  My Samsung TV's, 4 of them have NEVER had ANY issues whatsoever. I got this LG TV because I couldn't argue with the price: A 55" model for $129 at BestBuy and it was NEW.

Sure.  your samsung tv's last forever thats why you bought LG.  I believe ya.  honestly I do.  lmao...

10 hours ago, Lord Delacroix said:

oh, you can THINK this is a hardware problem but MY problem with the constant LAN disconnects STARTED after a firmware update!

I thought that too until I tried the above fix.

• 4 weeks later...

This “fix’ to add 8.8.8.8 is crap.. I run pi-hole dns on my local network and have for yrs. This wired lan  dis and connect only started after a LG firmware update about yr ago. I am not willing to switch dns or to go to wireless. 

they broke with an update they can fix it for real with another. Don’t want a work around, just want it to do what it should.

• 2 months later...

Finally found something that worked (rather than the usual, reset your tv/router nonsense)

Remove back case of tv and you may well see the problem. Kinked and twisted ribbons leading from the WiFi module. CAREFULLY flatten these out. This fixed the wifi AND the intermittent Lan connection issue.

Edited by Richy Ho
Added you tube video

On 1/16/2024 at 6:28 AM, Richy Ho said:

Finally found something that worked (rather than the usual, reset your tv/router nonsense)

Remove back case of tv and you may well see the problem. Kinked and twisted ribbons leading from the WiFi module. CAREFULLY flatten these out. This fixed the wifi AND the intermittent Lan connection issue.

This is indeed the only fix no matter how many stubborn posters are in denial above, But for me it was only temporary.  After 5 months I had to do it again But I also just bought a fire stick to avoid the issue totally in the future.

• Like 1

I did this fix almost 2 years ago and posted here back in March 2022. So far the fix is holding and I am next to the ocean where the salt air ruins electronics quickly. Of course I didn't appreciate needing tear apart my TV, but other than that I like everything else about it.