Quantcast

Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

9 hours ago, PhylipR said:

My fix is the following, and is guaranteed to solve the issue with these annoying messages. Firstly my Router is in my kitchen and TV in the sitting room, too far and awkward for a lengthy Ethernet cable. So I bought a top of the range TP link Range Extender, RE650 model. Originally connected to my LG SK8000PLB by Ethernet cable. Like everyone else each time my Router blinked for a split second up came the message Wired Lan cable disconnected, immediately followed by Wired Lan cable connected. Now the easy and permanent fix is simply this, you buy a USB 3 to Ethernet adapter, plug the Ethernet cable from your Range Extender into the Ethernet end of the adapter and plug the USB end into a spare slot on your TV and you have internet connection. Your TV will now report in settings that you are not connected either by wired or Wifi connection. So therefore you will never see the annoying messages again. An added bonus is that as your TV Ethernet port is 10/100 you now increase the speed that your TV is getting from your Internet connection. For example I have gigabit and on Netflix speed test before using USB connection I was getting 94 mbs max, I am now getting 310 mbs on Netflix test. When you initially connect your Internet via USB it will take a few moments for your TV to adjust but it is only moments. I promise this is the solution, my soundbar still works perfectly and all visuals are as they should be. The reason I tried this solution and found it works perfectly is my upstairs PC internet connection  was slow  so used the same method for it, and decided to try it on my TV and problem of annoying messages are permanently in the past. I think I have proven it is not an LG TV problem but regular split second disconnects by the Router. The USB to Ethernet adapters are cheap on Amazon and you could use any range extender with an Ethernet port on it.    

My router is literally next to the TV next to the inlet on the wall, constant 50mps , the wireless button is faded so cannot use but I literally cannot get nearer the router and I still have this problem!

• Like 1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is

We purchased and LG UHD SmartTV with WebOS at end of July 2018.  The following messages continuously alternate re. the Wired Ethernet connection whenever the LAN cable is plugged in, i.e.  "Wired netw

I also have this same issue. Anyone has a solution?

Posted Images

@PhylipR That is an innovative and interesting fix, although a bit expensive at around AUD$150 + usb Ethernet adaptor. I guess it seems to prove that the Ethernet chip Driver, and the API (software layers) on top of that have big issues, or at least "timer" issues. By that, I mean inside a lot of software, there are "timers" for "waiting" for an event. With IP (TCP/IP, Internet protocol),  The Internet is a very large and variable "data space" where data packets can come and go unreliably, mainly because of bottlenecks, and routing issues, as well as web-server performance variabilities. Many of the "timer values" recommended for the TCP/IP protocol were documented years ago, when the hardware (servers, routers, DNS servers etc) were very much slower and less powerful than todays systems. Plus of course the VAST increase in both user number and device numbers that are now "connected" over time, has tended to dlute that technology shift, where gains are now negated by sheer vast numbers and far higher complexity. Even my new Fridge has an IP adress!!

All that raises the chance that those "old spec" timer values (see the RFC docs - started in around 1974 for TCP-/P), being totally unrealistic in todays high-speed internet requirements. What makes the problem even worse, is that many Software Developers rely on "Libraries" of standard "routines" (Object code libraries) to perform specific tasks within a large API/Driver/Interface, or collectivley an "APP". I suspect that MANY devices (including Smart TV's) are still running on outdated "library" code inside the Drivers and API's and "APPS". 

Now those libraries might not have been updated to the latest software, but the "company servers" still provide them, and they work, and they "link" to make a viable and workable "APP" or driver. However, it may contain an untold amout of "bugs", or even "vulerabilities", until said developer company updates their "software libraries".

As many are finding on this forum "There is no such thing as perfect software"!! Going back to the thread points - someone quoted an LG engineer saying that "The WiFi card module has a design fault, and is kicking in when it should not". That may well be part of the issue, BUT, with a properly written Software Driver, both on THAT AND the Ethernet interface side, they should NOT be getting in the way of each other, when ONE SIDE is still active. All operating systems that I have worked with, have had the ability to "ignore" or "defer" interrupts from unwanted sources or data lines.   That SHOULD include WebOS!!

• Confused 1
On 7/6/2018 at 7:16 PM, John Bizeray said:

I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.

Hi

I had the same problem. Called LG customer service. What they proposed: add  DNS: 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 or 1.1.1.1 and that's it. It solved the problem for me. They told me that common situation after updates. 

• Like 1
On 4/28/2021 at 6:41 AM, Steel said:

Hi! Did anybody with that problem restarted their internet operator's router after updating the Tv ? Or when the network message pop up ? I ask this by curiosity 
Thanks

I did everything and like I said add DNS and that is it. It solves the problem. Also you could disable IP6. That was also suggested by LG support. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if these messages can be stopped by disconnecting the cable from the wireless board?

I read on this forum that the wireless has priority over the ethernet hard wired  connection, so I am wondering if disconnecting the wireless board will finally stop these recurring annoying messages.

49 minutes ago, Michael H said:

Does anyone know if these messages can be stopped by disconnecting the cable from the wireless board?

I read on this forum that the wireless has priority over the ethernet hard wired  connection, so I am wondering if disconnecting the wireless board will finally stop these recurring annoying messages.

Did you try to add DNS? 

On 5/8/2021 at 5:27 PM, Patryk said:

Did you try to add DNS? 

I added DNS and it still happens. So yes, disconnecting the cable solves the issue but renders it a dumb TV. I'm using Apple TV anyway, but it's crazy that LG will not address it. There should be a class action done. 

10 hours ago, S G said:

I added DNS and it still happens. So yes, disconnecting the cable solves the issue but renders it a dumb TV. I'm using Apple TV anyway, but it's crazy that LG will not address it. There should be a class action done. 

Have you tried the solution I posted earlier. Take the back of tv off and straighten all the wires. This is what causes the no wifi and gets rid of the messages. Simple task.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 9:12 AM, PhylipR said:

My fix is the following, and is guaranteed to solve the issue with these annoying messages. Firstly my Router is in my kitchen and TV in the sitting room, too far and awkward for a lengthy Ethernet cable. So I bought a top of the range TP link Range Extender, RE650 model. Originally connected to my LG SK8000PLB by Ethernet cable. Like everyone else each time my Router blinked for a split second up came the message Wired Lan cable disconnected, immediately followed by Wired Lan cable connected. Now the easy and permanent fix is simply this, you buy a USB 3 to Ethernet adapter, plug the Ethernet cable from your Range Extender into the Ethernet end of the adapter and plug the USB end into a spare slot on your TV and you have internet connection. Your TV will now report in settings that you are not connected either by wired or Wifi connection. So therefore you will never see the annoying messages again. An added bonus is that as your TV Ethernet port is 10/100 you now increase the speed that your TV is getting from your Internet connection. For example I have gigabit and on Netflix speed test before using USB connection I was getting 94 mbs max, I am now getting 310 mbs on Netflix test. When you initially connect your Internet via USB it will take a few moments for your TV to adjust but it is only moments. I promise this is the solution, my soundbar still works perfectly and all visuals are as they should be. The reason I tried this solution and found it works perfectly is my upstairs PC internet connection  was slow  so used the same method for it, and decided to try it on my TV and problem of annoying messages are permanently in the past. I think I have proven it is not an LG TV problem but regular split second disconnects by the Router. The USB to Ethernet adapters are cheap on

link hidden, please login to view
and you could use any range extender with an Ethernet port on it.    

Hi... I have tried this fix but did not have any success. Unfortunately when I plug in the cable via the USB port, no internet connection is established. I suspect that there needs to be some kind of driver installed  in order for the  ethernet to USB converter to work?? 

On 5/13/2021 at 8:34 AM, S G said:

Class action anyone?

6 hours ago, ClarksonCote said:

Knock on wood, but I haven’t seen this problem at all since the latest firmware update. 

My E6V got an update last week.  I still get the error.  On top of that when I switch it on now, I get the WebOS menu displayed for 5 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...