Quantcast

Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is

We purchased and LG UHD SmartTV with WebOS at end of July 2018.  The following messages continuously alternate re. the Wired Ethernet connection whenever the LAN cable is plugged in, i.e.  "Wired netw

I also have this same issue. Anyone has a solution?

Posted Images

`This site seems to be populated by helpless cry babies (with the exception of Fametune who figured out, like I did, a solution) The rest of you just stamp your feet and incite someone trying to help everyone, but as I am sorted I hope the rest of you continue to suffer your annoying pop ups for as long as possible. You are simply put a, bunch of new generation Jerks who cant do buggar all for themselves and as for you Alex you arsewipe please delete my membership as I don't want to interact with the nannied, cant do shit all for themselves, inhabitants of a site that is completely pointless. 

1 hour ago, PhylipR said:

`This site seems to be populated by helpless cry babies (with the exception of Fametune who figured out, like I did, a solution) The rest of you just stamp your feet and incite someone trying to help everyone, but as I am sorted I hope the rest of you continue to suffer your annoying pop ups for as long as possible. You are simply put a, bunch of new generation Jerks who cant do buggar all for themselves and as for you Alex you arsewipe please delete my membership as I don't want to interact with the nannied, cant do shit all for themselves, inhabitants of a site that is completely pointless. 

No problem pal.

2 hours ago, PhylipR said:

@ClarksonCote  you are just a helpless ninny unable to something simple and basic for yourself , you wanted me to lead you by the nose,  and I bet if you go into settings in store mode you will find a setting saying store mode settings. Lg are hardly going to leave that out of some TV's unless you bought the cheapest one you could find! 

As far as I can tell, on my TV (or the specific OS version) it seems they just never show those notifications in Store Mode, rather than providing an explicit setting to disable them. 

If only you were as intelligent as you are arrogant...

I've got a calibrated E6V - If I enable store mode, it says settings get reset every few mins.  I wouldn't be happy losing all my settings - can anyone confirm?

I do have quickstart+ in the menu, but it was off.  I switched it on, switched off TV, switched it back off.  Will report if it fixes it.   I don't have any options to disable notifications in home mode.

I too reported it to LG recently and they said that it isn't a known problem.  I think everyone with it should raise a ticket and then they might realise that it's not just one or two people.

• 2 weeks later...

Fellow Members, this is not a solution but a “workaround” on my 4 year old LG B6 OLED:  I connected the TV to the net solely through a very good wireless connection. It has streamed well this way for about a year. Although I would prefer a wired connection, it appears that capability is not possible on my model without the annoying, stupid, pesky messages.

Has LG fixed this bug on the new models?  If not, it may impact future purchases, although I believe the OLED picture is still the best. 

Take Care. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I got rid of my lg and got a sony but just spoke to a tv engineer I mentioned the problem with the lg cable not connected etc. He immediately said motherboard said he had done hundreds and said lg have taken the Warranty in store so only they repair under warranty but 1 day after 12 months they are saying take it up with the retailer 

12 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I got rid of my lg and got a sony but just spoke to a tv engineer I mentioned the problem with the lg cable not connected etc. He immediately said motherboard said he had done hundreds and said lg have taken the Warranty in store so only they repair under warranty but 1 day after 12 months they are saying take it up with the retailer 

The frustrating part is they should be able to solve this in firmware. Like allow people to turn off the messages, or only display the message if the TV stays “disconnected” longer than 5 seconds without reconnecting, or change how they decide it’s disconnected since the TV keeps playing streaming videos with no problems. 3 potential ways to fix without the need for a new motherboard. At least 1 of them is absolutely possible in firmware (allowing consumers to turn off messages).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My 47SJ810V had the wired connect/disconnect messages. It could go for a few hours without, other times minutes between and occasionally every few seconds.

It is connected by ethernet and have tried different ports and cables. The PC is on the same switch and doesn't pick up any connection drop. Wifi is turned off. Remote wake up is also by wifi signal so presume the wifi module isn't truly inactive and it has the active bluetooth connection, as well. The partition wall with the neighbours is about 12 feet away so I wonder if same wifi/bluetooth device is trying to establish a link and the 'wired connect/disconnect' is just a general network alert. Both Bluetooth connections for the TV are picked up by my phone on the other side on the house, on another floor with a brick wall between. The TV is also against the wall with a busy-ish pavement outside so phones go by.

It seems to be a different issue but Netflix and Amazon are unwatchable for me now as they keep getting disconnected after a minute or 10. This has been the last month or so. The 'wired connect/disconnect' has been a year or so. If I set the input to PC and watch Netflix and Amazon on that, absolutely no problem except the alerts still pop up.

I did use store mode that stopped it but it seems more aggressive now and it's nearly impossible to use the TV guide before it resets and Vivid picture mode is horrible.

I did power off at the wall overnight and the TV absolutely flew in the morning, back to normal after a few days though.

Wifi module out next as I now plan on using the TV as a media monitor for the PC but got to get rid of those alerts.

• 4 weeks later...

We are having this issue too. Bought our tv in November 2018--only just over 2 years old. The disconnection problems, first with wifi, then with ethernet started around this summer. We've done a couple of hard resets. Planned obsolescence? We will never buy another LG! 

Hi @td47, thanks for your message. We've actually had it turned off for months. We tried a bunch of trouble shooting stuff a while back. We had ethernet wired to the tv hoping that would improve the situation about 6 weeks ago, but it didn't really unfortunately. 

Hi

I did dump the tv and bought a 

link hidden, please login to view
  from John Lewis,  anyone thinking of doing the same don't bother Sony (and John Lewis) are as bad as LG they could not care less about their customers, from 1 month the picture has been pixelating if someone or something moves in front or behind someone/something!  Obviously Sony have never seen anything like it , taken 3 months and still not fixed John Lewis refuse to exchange! 

Hi,

My almost 4 years old LG 55UJ6510 had several issues for a long time:

- muliple messages connect/disconnect  on the ethernet connection to my router 
   replaced the cable, without result
- magic control didn't work most of the time
- tv  lost power without any cause and started up again  automatically (sometimes 3 times in 5 minutes)

My solution:

I cleaned the ethernet connector. I scrapped the contacts thoroughly with a very small screwdriver.
Started up the tv set and all the issues are gone.
I did this about 2 weeks ago and tv set works like new.

So in my opinion the connector contacs had corrosion and interfered with eachother causing pulses that influenced the tv software and hardware.

Maybe this can be of any help for others facing the same kind of problems .

On 8/17/2019 at 2:44 PM, Tider said:

I called LG customer service and they wanted  me to do a total reset on the tv.   I was  afraid it would wipe out my calibration that was done by a professional calibrator , so I didn’t try it.   

There has had to be some solution.   

Don't reset.. I did and it did nothing to fix it... I still have the problem and other issues as well with the network connection including NO WiFi ... So stuck with CAT 5 and very slow speeds. I have a Service Tech coming out this week - I hope.. I will update after this..

• Like 1