Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

• 2 months later...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is

We purchased and LG UHD SmartTV with WebOS at end of July 2018.  The following messages continuously alternate re. the Wired Ethernet connection whenever the LAN cable is plugged in, i.e.  "Wired netw

I also have this same issue. Anyone has a solution?

Posted Images

Hello. I was able to solve this problem. In my case, I believe the messages were caused because I was using a switch, which sends data to the TV in “bite-size“ packages. The TV intermittently interpreted the gap between “bites” as a lost connection and generated the error message. I eliminated the issue by unplugging the ethernet and relying solely on Wi-Fi. (I guess I could also eliminate the issue by plugging the TVs ethernet port directly to the router or modem and not through a switch). I hope this works for you. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 1:40 PM, Phil619 said:

Hello. I was able to solve this problem. In my case, I believe the messages were caused because I was using a switch, which sends data to the TV in “bite-size“ packages. The TV intermittently interpreted the gap between “bites” as a lost connection and generated the error message. I eliminated the issue by unplugging the ethernet and relying solely on Wi-Fi. (I guess I could also eliminate the issue by plugging the TVs ethernet port directly to the router or modem and not through a switch). I hope this works for you. Good luck.

I'm using a TP-Link AV600 powerlan repeater with lan port, tryed today to connect by cable directly to the router, the connect/disconnect problem is still there.

I have also the wifi setting disabled,no way to enable wifi... I'm reading about hardware connection problems, but I think could be a software problem.

Any LG rappresentative is reading here? Any new firmware to fix this terrible bug????

LG 55UH605V - firmware 05.30.85

POS LG TV ... hey LG fix the problem WHICH IS A COMMON PROBLEM JUST AFTER THE TV GOES OFF WARRANTY.  I have tried all the LG fix propaganda but it ndoes not work.  Now I have to adjust the sound sync frequently.  Furthermore the option to connect to WiFi is not shown.  I am fed up having bought an expensive TV.  If you do nit correct the COMMON PROBLEM, I will file a class action lawsuit to address the matter.

I have been having same problems with my wifi disconnecting but no issues with other devices on same wifi. We just wired it directly to a router but reading all of your issues I do not think it will solve the problem.  

I also have issues with my tv sound, we have to run the sound test everytime we turn on TV to get sound.  Please fix!!!!

model-   75UJ6470-UC

WebOS TV version 3.8.0-61208

• 3 weeks later...

I had this issue for a while... it started off with the mouse pointer not working... then youtube video stutter and the popup coming up on and off more and more frequent. I had the TV wired through a 1 Meter cat5e cable to Dlink Gigabit Switch which is then connected through a 10Meter cat5e cable to the Router. I changed the switch to a TPLink unmanaged Pro switch and toggled the port to 100MF and it was alleviating the issue for a while before it get bad again. Then I swap out the 1Meter cable from a CAT5e to CAT6 and surprisingly, the problem goes away. It looks like the cable might have gotten bad over time.

I have had the pop up “lan disconnected” message for a long time now. I finally called LG customer service and got through to a human being. I explained the land disconnect pop-up and also that the Wi-Fi menu is unable to be enabled. The technician had me go through some troubleshooting steps and put me on hold. The technician came back and asked if I would like to have a free service call to have the TV repaired. I said sure send a guy out. I’ll let you guys know what happens.

UPDATE!

There is a service bulletin regarding this problem and a free fix program. The local technician texted me to confirm model number and serial number. Parts have been ordered and the appointment has been set. 

Edited by Badblackdog
Update

I have this same behavior now On my OLED55B6P. The only things that have changed:

1. Verizon replaced my optical network terminal for my Fios service.

2. I updated my TV’s firmware  

I can’t correlate the timing to one vs the other since the error messages about disconnection/reconnection aren’t always there. But since you’re all having the problem too, it seems like it must be some issue with LG’s firmware. 

Everything else in my networking, wiring, routers, etc. have been unchanged for years.

(Some Side rants)
With the most recent firmware update, my Simplink functionality stopped working. I can’t get my LG DVD player and audio system to turn on when I switch to my TV optical output. I requested LG support multiple times on the Simplink issue and have not heard anything. It’s very frustrating. 

With the update prior to that, my smart apps have started crashing far more often than they used to. 

And the damn Disney+ app, unlike every other app, refuses to let me do a zoom to avoid letter boxing on 16:9 movies. It zooms but then letter boxing remains unchanged. Mind boggling. 
(End side rants)

Also, I tried a factory reset of the TV. It didn’t fix any of these issues. 

This is my third LG Flatscreen TV. If this stuff can’t get resolved, it will likely be my last. 

On 5/29/2020 at 9:20 AM, Badblackdog said:

I have had the pop up “lan disconnected” message for a long time now. I finally called LG customer service and got through to a human being. I explained the land disconnect pop-up and also that the Wi-Fi menu is unable to be enabled. The technician had me go through some troubleshooting steps and put me on hold. The technician came back and asked if I would like to have a free service call to have the TV repaired. I said sure send a guy out. I’ll let you guys know what happens.

UPDATE!

There is a service bulletin regarding this problem and a free fix program. The local technician texted me to confirm model number and serial number. Parts have been ordered and the appointment has been set. 

Please circulate the service bulletin number and name. Thx. 

Hello everyone, 

I am facing the same issue as wired lan disconnected pop up message appearing every 5 min. This disconnects my netflix and i have to go back and start again. It is very annoying.  My LG tv model is 43UJ6200 . The wireless stopped working altogether so I am using ethernet cable.

I have circled back with internet provider and netflix team, both mentioned connections from their side is fine.  Now I m stuck with this issue.

Has anyone got their issue resolved?  My tv is out of warranty now, so I don't want to call a technician if its of no use. I have already changed motherboard a year back.

Please let me know if anyone got this fixed. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks so much!

Regards, AV

A technician came to the house today and repaired the TV. Unfortunately, I was not here so I don’t know what he did. This was all a result of me calling into LG tech-support and explaining the problem. LG Tech Support acknowledged that it was a known problem and initiated a local contractor to come out and replace a part in the TV.  So far so good after the repair

19 minutes ago, Badblackdog said:

A technician came to the house today and repaired the TV. Unfortunately, I was not here so I don’t know what he did. This was all a result of me calling into LG tech-support and explaining the problem. LG Tech Support acknowledged that it was a known problem and initiated a local contractor to come out and replace a part in the TV.  So far so good after the repair

Maybe call the technician/company and ask for a description of the work and part replaced?

56 minutes ago, Badblackdog said:

Hello,

You mentioned that its a known issue and you were offered free service.  Is your tv still under warranty?  My warranty for the tv has expired so I wonder if they give me free service.  Do you have any data or evidence where it says that its a known issue? May b that might help me claim the technician charges. 

Also, it would be helpful to know what they did to rectify the issue. I am assuming its hardware related.

Thank you!

23 hours ago, Anu said:

Hello everyone, 

I am facing the same issue as wired lan disconnected pop up message appearing every 5 min. This disconnects my netflix and i have to go back and start again. It is very annoying.  My LG tv model is 43UJ6200 . The wireless stopped working altogether so I am using ethernet cable.

I have circled back with internet provider and netflix team, both mentioned connections from their side is fine.  Now I m stuck with this issue.

Has anyone got their issue resolved?  My tv is out of warranty now, so I don't want to call a technician if its of no use. I have already changed motherboard a year back.

Please let me know if anyone got this fixed. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks so much!

Regards, AV

Hi Does the tv say short of memory and needs to restart?

31 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Mine did but I found the answer on another post,

By the way mine also has the "lan not connected "messages also wireless network will not turn on?

Yes , the wireless shows switched off and sometimes shows few network but doesn't connect.  Did you get this resolved?  

31 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Mine did but I found the answer on another post,

By the way mine also has the "lan not connected "messages also wireless network will not turn on?

Yes , the wireless shows switched off and sometimes shows few network but doesn't connect.  Did you get this resolved?