Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

AceMcHammer

Looking to buy Smart TV with screen grab function - Questions

I am not a current owner of an LG Smart TV but I'm looking to buy a Smart TV with a screen grab function built into the TV.  I searched and came upon information in this forum that LG Smart TV's with WebOS on them do indeed have a screen grab feature and I have some questions regarding that.

1. Just to reaffirm my info, do LG Smart TV's actually have a screen grab feature built into them?

2. Is WebOS stand alone software built into the TV set? In other words, is the TV independent of a PC operating system?

3. Concerning the screen grab feature. Is the screen grab feature independent within the TV set/not dependent on any other device to operate?

4. Can you save your screen grab to a USB drive?

5. If you can save your image to a USB drive what format does the TV save them in? JPEG, BMP, etc.

6. What is the max resolution the TV saves the screen grab?

7. Can you do a screen grab of any image ported to your TV from any device? Cable STB, Video Game Console, etc.

8.  The info that I read on another thread here  said  that to take a screenshot on the LG you press the input/123  button on the remote and save it to the photo editing app. Is this photo editing app a part of the LG TV software and do you navigate and execute commands in this photo editing app with the remote control?

Yes to all you questions.Resolution is same Tv stream.Before to recording,format USB stick (use a computer/Laptop).TV only verify media before recording.This work ONLY for TV and NOT WORK for smart TV (NETFILX,YOUTUBE etc).See you remote,taste REC and press it.

• Like 1