Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Flugsaurier

Issues connecting the emulator or installing via app manager

Hey devs,

I'm setting up the dev enviroment for webOS since 2 days now and seems to get to an dead end.

I followed this tutorial http://webostv.developer.lge.com/develop/building-your-first-web-app-webos-tv/ to step 6 which is the 'ares-install com.myproject.app' part.

The CLI output:      cli.png.94adc6bf4e24a4d5e73a55f7a162663c.png

Trying to connect the webOS IDE:      ide.png.59b4c5f0b9eef93bdb219fe67c45e1b4.png

Trying to install via App Manager:    appmanager.png.85ca52a4b283efbfeaadb58396f4b7e7.png

I have the feeling that these are different issues, but can't get a clear overview about whats the problem.

I am using

- webOS TV Emulator v4.0.0

- VirtualBox 5.2.12

- WebOS IDE Build 1532

- Windows 10

So far I tried:

- Changing the IP and Port in any combination you could get from IP [127.0.0.1, VirtualBox-IP which is shown in ipconfig] and port [6622, 22].

If you need further information, let me know.

Hoping someone can help me out at this point.

Edit: No need for help anymore. I tried to set something working up for 16 hours of worktime now. Including attempts with windows, ubuntu 16, ubuntu18, different solutions from the internet. Everything failed 😕 Stopping on this project now.