• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Question

How to stream HBO on my lg smart tv?  There is an app for netflix for instance, but none for HBO. Also, when trying the web browser it will not work as flash it not supported? What is this crap?  Can I directly mirror from my iPhone via Airplay?

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Bengt Christensson said:

How to stream HBO on my lg smart tv?  There is an app for netflix for instance, but none for HBO. Also, when trying the web browser it will not work as flash it not supported? What is this crap?  Can I directly mirror from my iPhone via Airplay?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=hbo+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.lgwebos.com&t=hf&ia=web

The link posted was for HBO GO in 2014.  It was removed from LG TVs in the US in 2015 but is still available in some parts of the world (Eastern Europe, for example).

Why?  No idea.

I was hopeful that HBO GO would return now that Showtime Anytime is available on my 2016 LG OLED, but so far there is no sign of it.

HBO GO does not provide 4k content, but I use a 4k Roku Box for channels that LG won't support, including HBO GO.  It works well.  Apple TV is another option, especially if you want to use Airplay -- and that would also solve your HBO GO problem.