Quantcast

How can I keep a static webpage on my TV without screensaver

StephB

Question

Hello! 

I just recently purchased the LG OLED 65" and would like to put up a specific website and have it stay on the tv for extended periods of time (15-30min) but the tv always goes to the 'fireworks' type of screensaver  . Can I disable that? I want that website as a background while I record a video in my living room.

thank you

4 answers to this question

Yes that's wonderful, because I want to stare at a black screen with fireworks instead of song lyrics when I use Spotify.

Great job LG. We obviously can't be trusted to handle your $5k televisions with care, so we must be protected from ourselves.

Seriously contemplating to return the TV on account of it not being fit for purpose.

6 hours ago, oledC9nz said:

Great job LG. We obviously can't be trusted to handle your $5k televisions with care, so we must be protected from ourselves.

Yes there are people that can handle the management of their equipment, but unfortunately companies have to cater for the idiots of the world who would be the first to complain loudly when they ruin their TV.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 5:11 AM, George Hofmeister said:

Yes there are people that can handle the management of their equipment, but unfortunately companies have to cater for the idiots of the world who would be the first to complain loudly when they ruin their TV.

And they can surely do that by providing an option in the settings, even hidden away deeply under the scary "advanced" settings, to turn off the screensaver. The idiots of the world won't be able to find the setting, and the responsible adults will be able to use their TV in a way that works for them. Win win!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By cptl
      Hi,
      My problem is that my Netflix app on my LG tv (OLED65B13LA) keeps selecting the leftmost button, it's impossible to scroll the cursor to the right to select another button. I tried resetting the tv to factory defaults - after installing Netflix again the issue is exactly the same.
      I also tried disconnecting the tv from power for a few minutes. Plus I contacted Netflix, but they said I need to contact TV manufacturer before they log a possible bug in the app :/.
      My Amazon Prime app works perfectly fine on the same tv.
      Any thoughts?
    • By DaniS
      I reset my location which in turn made me have to accept the terms and conditions however every time I try to load them it tells me I have to download them to which I say okay but then it tells me there’s an error and I can’t download them. I haven’t been able to use my apps or anything for two hours. I reset by tv completely and it still won’t let me. Pls help 
    • By Alley Cat
      I am currently using this TV only to view internet content.  I am using the built-in wifi and ethernet connections.  But the TV starts up into maximally loud static every time and I haven't found a way around this.  Just about anything else would be better.  It could autodetect and mute the static.  Or it could start into the Apps screen.  Or it could start into my preferred app.  Or it could just start into a blank screen.  Whatever.  Just not loud, loud static.
      I read someone was able to set parental controls to get rid of the cable channels so it didn't start into static but that didn't work for me -- I deleted and locked all static channels but it still starts up into one of them.
      I guess more people have had success giving it an HDMI input and setting that as default -- I can't find the menu item to do that, maybe I need to actually connect an HDMI input? I don't have one readily available.  It seems silly to spend money on an extra streaming box to mostly do things that are built into my $900 TV, because it was designed to blast static on my speakers every time it starts up.
      So -- are there any other possibilities to solve this problem? 
    • By KadirErturk
      I have LG TV with WebOS installed. The app keeps logouts. I log with web code, works few mins and log out again. This annoys.
      Anyone has an idea, how to fix? 
    • By Scott Dent
      No matter how times times I remove the LG Internet (XUMO) channels, a few of them come back every day. After a week, I have to flip through about twenty of the LG Internet channels to get to what I want to watch. I have an 86" UP8770. My wife won't even watch the TV because of how how annoying those LG Internet channels are. I have repeatedly reset the TV. I have left it unplugged all night. I have searched for answers online and spoken to LG on the phone. Nothing helps. I have removed all the LG Internet channels at least 50 times. Every day a few of them come back. I purchased the TV at Costco about 5 months ago. I really wish I could return it. The LG Channels are a deal breaker for me.