Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Fred AUSTRIA

Synology Apps needed

I buy a new LG 55 C7V and it is a smart TV, but ther is no way to connect to my Synology NAS.

I want connect to my recorder films on my NAS, but i can not see any App to represent a solution.

Is ther any way to connect to my NAS with the LG C7 with the new WEBOS 3.5?

18 minutes ago, Fred AUSTRIA said:

I buy a new LG 55 C7V and it is a smart TV, but ther is no way to connect to my Synology NAS.

I want connect to my recorder films on my NAS, but i can not see any App to represent a solution.

Is ther any way to connect to my NAS with the LG C7 with the new WEBOS 3.5?

I would recommend Plex Media Server for the back-end if your Synology NAS is capable of running it, which available  from their Packages or direct from Plex.  There is a Plex webOS client available for the front-end.

Currently, to my knowledge, there is no way to just browse to a file share (if that is how you have things set up) and just play a file from it.

You could also look at using DLNA which both devices should support.

Just install media server app on your Synology and your tv will pick it up in photos and videos via dlna.

Works fine for me

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Incredible lg have not yet a ds app, Samsung, Sony ... every tvs sellers have it.

plex works With freezes and the dlna is the past.

really bad, lg. In the store are a Lot of absurds apps, rt , red bull, son tv? ... but some necessary like ds Video no. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 3/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, George Hofmeister said:

I would recommend Plex Media Server for the back-end if your Synology NAS is capable of running it, which available  from their Packages or direct from Plex.  There is a Plex webOS client available for the front-end.

Currently, to my knowledge, there is no way to just browse to a file share (if that is how you have things set up) and just play a file from it.

You could also look at using DLNA which both devices should support.

On the contraryy...also the standard 'music' app can browse the Synology NAS and play all formats, compressed as well as lossless. Good luck!

• Like 1

I have a DS1815+ and it’s working perfectly with my C7V. I enjoy 4K by installing media server on the Synology and browsing with the video and audio app of the TV. 

Don’t forget to set the correct shares on the Syno!