Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

craigpetrou

Startup LG TV full screen in WebOS for Digital Signage

I am using a LG 65-inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED Smart TV with WebOS 3.0 (65UH6030) as a digital display.

Every day I have to manually turn on the TV, go to the WebOS app, open a URL (http://www.tapnarts.com/signage) and then expand WebOS into full screen and move the cursor over to the top right hand of the screen to try and hide it.

Is there a way in which I could schedule the TV to automatically turn on everyday and open WebOS in full screen mode opening a URL (http://www.tapnarts.com/signage) and hiding the cursor? I would also like it to turn off at a specific time so it is not running 24/7.

On 22/02/2018 at 2:25 PM, craigpetrou said:

I am using a LG 65-inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED Smart TV with WebOS 3.0 (65UH6030) as a digital display.

Every day I have to manually turn on the TV, go to the WebOS app, open a URL (http://www.tapnarts.com/signage) and then expand WebOS into full screen and move the cursor over to the top right hand of the screen to try and hide it.

Is there a way in which I could schedule the TV to automatically turn on everyday and open WebOS in full screen mode opening a URL (http://www.tapnarts.com/signage) and hiding the cursor? I would also like it to turn off at a specific time so it is not running 24/7.

Currently no there is not.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Question: gigabit ethernet on smart TV

Hello, Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: webOS 3.3.4 - third party player or update for in-built player?

Hi there, so far, the inbuilt media player was able to play a lot I threw at it, but it, but some videos just won't play. They are playing on every other platform and other videos with the same codecs involved also play, but there seem to be things (maybe a higher compression, bigger container data or something like this) that throws off the in-built player, so it just says "couldn't recognize media, want to continue with the next video?" So I was looking for another media player on th

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• LG To Expand Partnership With Qt On Next Generation Embedded Devices Running Webos

SEOUL, June 26, 2019 — LG Electronics (LG) announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with The Qt Company, the Finnish-based software developer behind the Qt Project, to expand its existing collaboration on webOS. The expanded partnership will focus on embedding LG’s open source webOS platform in future automotive, robotics and smart home devices as well as positioning webOS as a reference operation system of Qt. The partnership will guarantee more efficient management of resour

in Upcoming and Rumored webOS Products

• Hulu is Ending Support For 2014 and Earlier LG Smart TVs

Hulu will be ending support for LG smart TVs running the Hulu app version 1.1 starting on July 24th, 2019.  Hulu has confirmed that LG TVs made in 2014 and earlier with webos 3.0 will no longer be supported. Supported LG models You can download the Hulu app on a variety of supported devices, but the content and features that you have access to will vary depending on your plan and the version of our app that your device supports. Latest Hulu app Some LG models support the late

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• WebOS TV Firmware version

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set: - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion