Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This workaround seems to work for me:

1. Set Quick Start+ to “Off”

2. Turn your TV off and on

3. Set Quick Start+ to “On” if you want. Fireworks shouldn’t come back

Good luck!

11 hours ago, x22 said:

This workaround seems to work for me:

1. Set Quick Start+ to “Off”

2. Turn your TV off and on

3. Set Quick Start+ to “On” if you want. Fireworks shouldn’t come back

Good luck!

Sadly that didn't work for me (LG E8).  After doing what you suggest I checked an IP channel on Freeview and the fireworks still happened after two minutes.

Sorry to hear that. Only thing that comes to mind is maybe updating the TV to the latest OS and trying again. Maybe even unplug the TV as well so it does a soft reset before trying. Hope that helps!

Hi, I was already on the latest OS, and unplugging the TV made no difference.  It's odd that it fixed the problem for you as I'm not sure what the connection would be between the Quick Start + facility and the screen saver.  Do you have to do the workaround every time you switch the TV on or is the issue fixed permanently?

I assumed the issue was by design but perhaps it is actually a bug if you've managed to overcome it. Very odd.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, TonyB said:

Hi, I was already on the latest OS, and unplugging the TV made no difference.  It's odd that it fixed the problem for you as I'm not sure what the connection would be between the Quick Start + facility and the screen saver.  Do you have to do the workaround every time you switch the TV on or is the issue fixed permanently?

I assumed the issue was by design but perhaps it is actually a bug if you've managed to overcome it. Very odd.

Yeah, that didn’t make sense to me either. I was trying different things to see what works... 

So... the screen saver came back for me the other, but I noticed something else. I had left my AppleTV while I was watching cable TV and the screen saver came on. It didn’t come back after turning off the AppleTV.

I’m obviously speculating here, but I think other input sources that you normally leave on for a while, such as a pc or gaming console, might trigger the screen saver if they’re sitting idle. We might be getting closer to solving the mystery :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kaleb
      My LG smart tv has stop letting me view All4 & Now tv. In both cases it connects to the relevant servers and I can choose a programme but after the ads play I get "content not available". I am logged in and on both services I can access content on my PC and phone. All other smart apps (Netflix, Amazon etc) work perfectly. I have logged in and out and my account is recognised. I have deleted both apps and re-installed but they still don't work. I have used a wired connection rather than wifi but this too does not solve the problem. I have a LG TV in the bedroom and this works fine! HELP!!!

• By Jockanory
      Have connected my satellite dish to the satellite in socket and have done a retune on the LG LM6300PLA Smart TV and the system has downloaded the Astra satellite signals for tv & radio, but I can't view anything other than the Freeview from my aerial antenna, or the Sky from the HDMI. There doesn't appear to be a way to select the Freesat signal from the satellite dish. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
    • By datdarndot
      I have a one year-old model 43UK6500AUA, with standard remote only (no Magic Remote). I can find no mention anywhere of Time Machine. Does this model not include Time Machine  II functionality? Must one have a Magic Remote to reveal this feature? I am also baffled by numerous references in the forum to using HDMI , which should not be necessary if using the TV's built-in tuner, as I intend to do. There is also mention of using USB3 for the external HDD. My TV has only  two  USB ports : USB1 and USB2 — or does this refer to USB 3.0 version (as opposed to USB 2.0)?
    • By OLED65B8LLA
      A button for info on the remote control 😃
      and showing the time when switching programs 😗
    • By René Krell
      I've recently bought a LG OLED C9 PLA TV set, installed the latest version of firmware WebOS 4.71.XX. I like the WebOS interface, but there is one thing I absolutely don't understand and would appreciate to get solved:
      I use the single tuner in both modes, satellite and antenna.
      I'd like to have mixed favorites list from stations received from antenna and satellite and browsing between them without explicitly switching to satellite or antenna mode, thus having WebOS to automatically set satellite or antenna mode depending on the chosen station from the favorites list.
      At the moment this is quite difficult to handle: Open the list from RC, open the filter (yellow button), switch between antenna/satellite -> the list is reset to All, again choose the favorites list of my choice.
      I know it is possible to add mixed tuner mode stations to favorites, but there is always shown the portion matching the currently set tuner mode. This is quite difficult to handle.
      Isn't there another way?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Sourav Pathak
      I often feel the need to turn off my TV's screen after I select a playlist and start playing. Can we have this option in the Spotify app. We do have this option in the inbuilt music player where we can turn off the display while the music plays in the background and we can turn the display back on by pressing volume up button on the remote. Felt that this option could be added to Spotify app as well.
      Thanks
    • By Puntyboy
      My 18 month old 43UJ635V-ZF has very annoying purple tinting down the right hand side and bottom left hand corner. I'm hearing this is a common problem with Tv's like this and see many Forums on Samsung about it. There was no physical damage done to the TV And it just started happening. 
      Does anyone know why this happening and is there any resolving this?

Amazed by the amount of people having this problem and wondering what the best course of action is? Time to scrap it or try and repair? 

• By alan dickinson
      I have two very thin but very distinct parallel, vertical lines on the left of my screen. Is this a hardware or software problem?