Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

fynotfi

When will Spotify be available in WEBos?

yes, its aweful that spotify web version does not work, even spotify said (when stopping to provide the app for Web OS on LG) that it should work in the browser.

As spotify cannot support HTML5.0 web application for their service, still Adobe Flash is needed to start the web app of spotify. Which the current LG Web OS Broser doesnt support.

So no Spotify anymore on Web OS on my LG. 

LG: PLEASE upgrade the browser with Flash, or simply find a sulution for Flash needed contents, or support a new version of the "old" app for LG Smart TV.

I have a smart TV and want this service from Spotify, I cant believe that Software Providers and LG makes steps back, where service do not work anymore, even worked years before!

THANK you.

its a shame: LG PLEASE DO SUPPORT HTML 5.0 for SPOTIFY, its aweful not to have this app,...as Spotify siad when they turned down the app: "......your webbroser will support the spotify wb app" - which DOES NOT work, is not true. PLEASE put a proper web browser on smart TVs, or i get rid of this stuff in short time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dianne Lonie said:

Mine was pre-installed on my LG WebOS, but when I tried to use it, said it wasn't supported anymore!

Hi Dianne,

Just checked the Spotify forum and there are complaints from March 2017 about the failure of the app to be updated, so someone isn't getting the lead out and sorting things.  Bad Spotify.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meinharttv said:

its a shame: LG PLEASE DO SUPPORT HTML 5.0 for SPOTIFY, its aweful not to have this app,...as Spotify siad when they turned down the app: "......your webbroser will support the spotify wb app" - which DOES NOT work, is not true. PLEASE put a proper web browser on smart TVs, or i get rid of this stuff in short time!

The browser in LG webOS does have support HTML5, although admittedly not on the same level as say Firefox or Opera.

You can test the browser at www.html5test.com

LG are not in the business of building web browsers they are in the business of building a software platform that is there to run apps created by content providers.  It is Spotify that needs urging to sort out their software.

There are lots of methods for you to choose from.

1. Spotify TV app

You could download the Spotify program on LG Smart TV and play Spotify music on the premise that you are a Premium account holder.

2. Spotify Connect

You could play Spotify on your phone and connect your phone to your LG TV. And then all Spotify music will be played on LG TV.

3. Spotify Music Converter 

You could download Spotify Music via Spotify Music Converter and then play Spotify music on LG TV without any limitations. For more details, you could read the post 'how to stream Spotify to LG Smart TV'.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Leo Lagos
      Hi. I've got a MKV file with 20+ subtitles. Subtitle I need is at position 18. When I connect the USB disc to the TV,  default LG media player plays it, but when I try to select the 18th subtitle, media player only shows 12... no more... No way I can access subtitles more than that.
      This is a clear bug. Any way to fix this? Is there a better media player app I could install  that can handle more than 12 subtitles in an MKV file?
      Thanks
    • By Sunil lgwebos
      LG Webos 43UH651V-TE brought in gulf..  We have only yutube and amazon.. Dont have any any apps like hotstar.wr alrdy updated version 5.50..still we dont have Lg contents apps.please reslove my query
    • By Mehmet Salih Bindak
      I have using it for my coffe, What can I do now? Did you agree with deezer? 
      Because I can't open spotify even from web. There isn't any alternative browser also in the market.

Is this your respect to your customer? Please show me way, what can I do now!
    • By Sourav Pathak
      I often feel the need to turn off my TV's screen after I select a playlist and start playing. Can we have this option in the Spotify app. We do have this option in the inbuilt music player where we can turn off the display while the music plays in the background and we can turn the display back on by pressing volume up button on the remote. Felt that this option could be added to Spotify app as well.
      Thanks
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By ajmboy
      So LG has put webOS on TVs, projectors, and now cars with webos auto. Does anyone thing LG will ever produce a webos powered smartphone or tablet? I know samsung has tried with tizen and it was only with the palm pre 2 and touchpad from HP that we saw webos on these types of devices. Just curious on what everyone thingks. Here's what webos used to look like..

HP Touchpad

• By dngold77
      is there a webtv function or app that shows all of shows available on all the services I subscribe to.  Xfinity does with this it's cable service for example. If you click on "recently watched" it all show all the shows you've watched wether from live TV, on demand, or from apps such as Netflix, that you've logged into. , Apple TV does the same thing. As do third party providers such as realgood.  Anything similar of LG TV
    • By Pecacheu
      It is now 2020, and the WebOS browser in LG Smart TVs (which I believe is Chromium-based) is still massively out of date and doesn't work properly with a ton of websites!
      The main problem is actually very simple. The browser doesn't support EMCAScript 2015 or ES6.
      Basically, translated from nerd speak, it doesn't work properly with modern code using new features created since 2015, so any newer websites will break unless they've been written to be compatible with ancient browsers and OSes.
      This should not be the case on a TV made in the current year. It should be running an up-to-date web browser, if not for convenience, then for SECURITY reasons as well!
    • By Deepraj T
      I hope LG check this forum.
      Powerful Browser App like Google Chrome that is able to play videos of Amazon Prime, the default browser  is like Kids play, taking ages to load. Able to control streaming quality in apps like Prime Video, Hotstar, NetFlix, Sunnxt etc., i do not understand how hard for any developer to put this feature in app, I think  WebOS SDK expose this to developer to provide this feature. File Explorer that allow us to store data in TV Wifi file Transfer App like ShareIT(Android) More Apps(MX Player, Jio Tv, Jio Cinema, Airtel Xtreme,  VLC Player etc.....)... i feel the most apps available in the content store are crap and useless  Actually i did not do much research before purchasing UK6360PTE TV, I never expected this much difference from Android TV, i do not know how LG even thinking to compete with this WebOS , because people are getting intelligent and do research before purchase of a TV. they definitely find Android TVs more feature rich.