Quantcast

Feature Requests - Who uses Live TV anymore?

It seems LG doesn't read or reply this Forum, you have to suggest it in other place that LG staff read it.

As a programmer I would recommend to WebOS to look at inputs  and apps as same Entity and remember the last selected one.

Also I recommend split Satellite and Antenna as two live TV options. (if merging both types channels in same list is not doable)

Example :
Satellite
Antenna
HDMI 1
HDMI 2
USB
Browser
Netflix
etc

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please give us the option to remove Live TV from the Launcher and Home Menu, "Today" from the Home menu, and to auto-launch the last running app (like if you were watching Hulu when you turned off the

I agree, it is useless for me generally clutters up the entire UI.

I may have accidentally discovered a partial solution to this. I changed the input to HDMI 1 when I connected a Roku. After I disconnected the Roku, I left the input on HDMI. Now when I turn on the TV

I use one of my LG on antenna for locals and an Android box on HTML for other services. My 2nd LG runs only lg apps with no antenna so I had the same annoying noise problem. A simple workaround which I discovered by accident had been previously shared. Switch the input to an unused HDMI port. Then, whenever you start up the tv, you get a brief no input message followed by the homepage wallpaper screen. This may not be a glorious solution but it however eliminates the loud white noise on startup. 

On 1/6/2020 at 12:29 PM, Dale Snyder said:

I use one of my LG on antenna for locals and an Android box on HTML for other services. My 2nd LG runs only lg apps with no antenna so I had the same annoying noise problem. A simple workaround which I discovered by accident had been previously shared. Switch the input to an unused HDMI port. Then, whenever you start up the tv, you get a brief no input message followed by the homepage wallpaper screen. This may not be a glorious solution but it however eliminates the loud white noise on startup. 

I tried that, but I get a big "No signal found" error message when an unused port is selected.

v5.80.45

On 4/17/2019 at 7:16 PM, George Hofmeister said:

Hi Nick

Yes, to the latter, because you already seem to have understood my point.

However in an attempt to be helpful I have done some investigation and found an LG YouTube video that shows how to set up a TV that will not be used for live TV services, the link below should start at the point with the relevant setting:

link hidden, please login to view

Hopefully this will be of more use than people whining about features they did not think to ask about before they purchased a product. 

Oh see what I did there!

The video references WebOS v3. Many new TVs are still on WebOS v2 which does not provide those features. I note video comments to the effect that users cannot do as implied in the video and disable the antenna.

• Like 1