Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

hard2cu

MLB.TV Issues with LG TV

10 minutes ago, signtrucker said:

After owning my LG TV for over 1 year and trying everything to get the MLB app to work, I had given up on using the app. Now I've tried changing the input to live tv and YES IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY NOW!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

You are welcome.  I only learned of this after viewing all these comments.  I spent hours on the phone with LG customer service people on three different days.  I only bought this brand because of the MLB app. I am going to call LG to let them know so hopefully others will be able to watch the app as well. 

• Like 1

I can verify that two of these workaround do in fact work.

1. Set your TV input to "Live TV" before you launch MLB.TV.

--or--

2. Start streaming an MLB.TV game that you don't want to watch. Go back. Stream the game you want to watch.

The "Live TV" workaround does the trick, thanks! 

I also found that if you stream a live game and rewind it a few seconds then play with the slight lag it works too. Just tell your friends not to spoil the game with texts and turn off the alerts from the At Bat app on your phone. Haha. 

• Like 1

New season and a new problem. The new and updated app will not allow me to select a game to watch. I can see the list of games but clicking on one doesn't do anything. I can also list the available video clips but again cannot launch any.

I have e-mailed MLB.TV support. Anyone else have this problem?

I can stream to my phone seamlessly.

My TV is hard-wired, and I cannot connect via the MLB.com app. (Netflix / You Tube etc all are fine) I can select the game, get current info re who's pitching and batting, but no joy with live feed.

I'll try the "Live TV" option but my TV is from 2014...unsure if I've seen that option...

i'm getting a slightly different problem this season. 

The app opens and displays current live scores, but gives a VIDEO ERROR 'The content you requested is not available. Please check your network connection and try again later."

Other apps are all working fine, even tried switching the input to 'livetv'

Any input is appreciated!

• Like 1

The app started to work for me a couple of days ago. You can navigate through the screen with the left/right/up/down and press the wheel to select BUT you cannot select when the pointer is on screen. You have to wait for the pointer to vanish and then you can press the wheel to select.

On 27/03/2018 at 3:29 AM, greg1osu said:

i'm getting a slightly different problem this season. 

The app opens and displays current live scores, but gives a VIDEO ERROR 'The content you requested is not available. Please check your network connection and try again later."

Other apps are all working fine, even tried switching the input to 'livetv'

Any input is appreciated!

Same problem here...

Worked fine all Spring Training until March 26th...

Tried to watch MLB.TV using the app last night and I was saying VIDEO ERROR 'The content you requested is not available. Please check your network connection and try again later.' Same thing as someone else. It streamed fine on my Android phone. Attepted to restart and it tried again and nothing. This was also true for highlight videos.

Glad Im not the only one having this issue, hopefully it gets resolved before tomorrow, I just purchased mlb.tv after trying it out for $10 or whatever the special deal was last season.  Now I just need to convince my wife before I cut the cord.

You all need to contact MLB.Tv customer service and let them know about this bug so they provide an update ASAP. I called them yesterday

So I talked to MLB TV customer service over their Twitter account @MLBfansupport and I let them know the situation after troubleshooting nothing helped  and they just asked me to use my Apple TV for now  which is kind of lame because they don't have a Magic Remote hopefully they will do something about it but more people need to spam their inbox in order for any change to occur . 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Djlemon said:

So I talked to MLB TV customer service over their Twitter account @MLBfansupport and I let them know the situation after troubleshooting nothing helped  and they just asked me to use my Apple TV for now  which is kind of lame because they don't have a Magic Remote hopefully they will do something about it but more people need to spam their inbox in order for any change to occur . 

Yeah for now I guess I can watch on my Xbox 1. However I may think about spending a little extra cash for a Samsung. 

I tried the app this afternoon and it is working fine now, funny thing is there hasnt been an app update as far as I can tell.

• Thanks 1

I called LG on Saturday for this issue.  They told me it was a bug on their end and they were working on an update.  We launched our MLB today and now everything is working fine.  Try it again..it should work!

Mine works now... I think.

My LG is new, and I've only used Roku before for MLB.TV - in the Roku App, I can click on a game, pick which teams feed, and then pick where to start watching (beginning, Top of 1st, Bottom of 1st, Top of 2nd...). This is a great feature for me as I've often listened to the radio for a while, and then watch the end of the game at some later time and can start watching where I left off. Does the LG WebOS app for MLB.tv just no support that feature, or am I messed up?

On this current version of MLBtv I can't select an inning or fast forward or reverse. Can only advance or rewind using the 10second button. Also, closed caption does not work.  No problems with streaming.  Last years version was able to do all of this.  any help is appreciated.

On 4/3/2018 at 2:59 PM, Jeff Milrod said:

Mine works now... I think.

My LG is new, and I've only used Roku before for MLB.TV - in the Roku App, I can click on a game, pick which teams feed, and then pick where to start watching (beginning, Top of 1st, Bottom of 1st, Top of 2nd...). This is a great feature for me as I've often listened to the radio for a while, and then watch the end of the game at some later time and can start watching where I left off. Does the LG WebOS app for MLB.tv just no support that feature, or am I messed up?

I just checked out the new app format in more detail.  

You can select home vs away broadcast by selecting the game from the scores menu. Then select the inning from line score.