Quantcast

Screen Share with Windows 10

Ok, here's some help.......I've been trying to solve this problem since Christmas!  First. there is NO password, it is negotioted between tv and computer and you cant' see it.  It's also different each time.  You need to follow my next instruction EXACTLY, unless you don't mind ponying up 50 bucks for a MS wireless adapter. (hope this ok to post part #...."p3q-00001"). 

If u prefer to frustrate yourself this method I invented will work 75% of the time.......disconnect tv from internet.  Restart it, leave it on screenshare  listen mode? take your pick, one is just as good as the other. 

Reboot computer, and disconnect that from internet temporarily.  (router is not needed for screenshare at this point)  Right click on desktop, left click on display settings, then left click connect to wireless display, when "lgwebostv" shows up left click on it.  After connection is established computer screen will be frozen on tv..........but this is good b/c now the original connection has been made and a "lgwebostv" icon should have been made that you can see in settings>connected devices on your computer.  If not, try again.  On the tv, settings>network>wifi direct IS USELESS, don't wast your time but it may work if "accept" shows up just for the purpose of establishing this original handshake.

Next, reboot tv first then computer, connected to internet, tv not connected.  Now desktop>rt click>lt click disp settings>lt click conn to wireless display, then click on "lgwebostv".

I noticed when the dots start spinning, and the cancel buttton on tv turns gray you will connect.  If it stays red, it won't  This feature is the most unreliable and vexing thing I have ever experienced. Like rubber handle on a toilet!  LOL

Lg software engineers really need to send a fix!  Still want to try this?  Be prepared to do this over and over till it works each time you need it.  Good luck!  :)

• Like 2

I should add that if you click on the square white icon next to the time on the bottom right of your desktop, settings and connect can be accessed from there......i have had better luck doing things as above for some reason however.  Add a device only asks you for a password or times out when tv stops waiting but you can try it for the initial handshake, it worked once for me.  Really screwy, huh?

Thankyou for posting this.  I was wondering if it was just me or what.  I had figured out that all on-screen help, asking for password, etc was totally outdated and not updated for windows 10, and had given-up on ever doing screen share wirelessly.   I have cat-5 going from router to LG so my thinking is/was that I would need to unhook that, connect LG using wi-fi, then try smart share....  Forget it... too much trouble.   A work-around for me is that I have a 25' hdmi cable hooked to LG and just sitting coiled-up on floor, then then I want to show pictures (or anything) from laptop I just connect hdmi to laptop like an external monitor.... not perfect but super easy and works great.  Seems to me like LG just stopped updating webOS 2.0 and is now working on the next thing.   Lack of apps and especially flash, makes me wish i had got a dumb tv with a dedicated computer for it instead of a "smart" tv.  

Picture and viewing angles on my 65EF9500(Jan2016 Mexico) are wonderful though, which is how i ended up choosing this tv.in the first place.

Yes, in Win10, that little icon that looks like a cartoon caption in lower right next to time/date is the easy way to get to all settings.

If anyone knows of a forum for users of webOS 2.0 please let me know.  Perhaps LG will announce 2.0 to 3.0 upgrade soon and all will good?   I really hope so.

hi,

I am also facing the problem. My laptop windows 10 64 bit version not able to connect to lg webos tv.

when i tried to connect following message displayed in tv screen.

" Your laptop is succesfully connected to your tv, but there is a problem sharing its screen. Please make sure whether the laptop is working and please properly set up and connected."

and my laptop screen goes in blinking mode while making connection and shows message change protection mode".

What is the problem and solution for it?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Screen share using WebOS 2 from a Windows 10 computer does not work - it will never wok. Do not waist your time. 

If you need to 'share' your computer screen on the LG TV, hook your computer up to it directly and use the LG TV as a monitor.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This works:

link hidden, please login to view

In Windows 10 get the context menu for the desktop (right click or two finger tap on the desktop background) and select "Display Settings". You should see a "Connect to a wireless display" option in the window that pops up. When you click on this you should see any wireless display devices the computer detects and selecting one should show you the connect option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This question is about Screen Share but a couple of people say "Smart Share". Is there something called Screen Share?

The reason I ask is that the name "Screen Share" implies that (only) the screen is shared and "Smart Share" implies that other things are shared, possibly including the screen.

I know that people often use terminology that is highly misleading and that does not communicate what the name refers to. Since that is true, it is critical that people use the correct name.

This question is about Screen Share but a couple of people say "Smart Share". Is there something called Screen Share?

The reason I ask is that the name "Screen Share" implies that (only) the screen is shared and "Smart Share" implies that other things are shared, possibly including the screen.

I know that people often use terminology that is highly misleading and that does not communicate what the name refers to. Since that is true, it is critical that people use the correct name.

Yes, screen share is not smart share;  anyway, get a chromecast and use chrome to cast the screen.

• 3 weeks later...

The best way to screen share from a windows 10 PC is to connect a Roku device (Model 2 or higher) to your LG HDTV via and HDMI cable. Then on you PC click on the "Notifications" icon ( lower right corner). The click on "Connect". After a few seconds you should see the Roku device listed. Click on that. Makem sure you are in the 'Duplicate' mode, not 'Extend". On your LG HDTV make sure you have selected the HDMI input that is used by your Roku device. You should now see and hear everything on the LG HDTV.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, spent a while trying to figure out how to screen share laptop to tv without any cables & stuff.First you need to add your laptop & tv to your network.Go to device manager & select add devices, as long as your tv is set to the same wifi network as your laptop it should pick up both devices up, add your laptop 1st it should show up as desktop.Go to tv settings, network, select connect by wifi direct, you'll see the setting set to off, hit that button & it'll start searching for devices, it should pick your laptop up, once it's picked it up select it, it should then ask for a pin, go back to device manager on laptop then select add device again, it should pick your tv up, select, it should ask for a pin, the one which is displayed on your tv, once entered your tv is now on your network.You can only mirror your laptop to tv via screenshare on your apps at the bottom, you must go into this 1st, it should come up with your device is now ready to connect, now go to bottom right on your laptop & select the action button, a few options will come up, select project, you'll get a few options about how you want to mirror, select duplicate, then at the bottom of these options you should see connect to a wireless device, it should pick your tv up, once it's found it simply select the icon & it should say connecting, you should also see something on your tv saying connecting to desktop & that's it, this is all in windows 10.It works for me & whatever is on my laptop is now on my tv, I'm using kodi on my laptop & screening everything to tv without any wires or any cables,Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

hello. please help me if is possible:

i have a win 10 pc connected to home network with cable in router. in same network (cabled) is there a lg web os tv.

when i search on digital media devices i found the lg web os tv.

why don't find on send screen the webos tv? when a ho to screen share on webos tv i activated all things but my windows 10 x64  can't allow me to add or find the tv.

perhaps i must connect both pc and tv wireless and not cabled?

or how can i solve and why could be incompatible my windows sistem?

my pc is:

windows 10x64

cpu: amd a10

video card ati

thanks

If you read my post above about how I managed to do it you shouldn't have any issues.I had problems at 1st but after messing around a bit it all came good.

My PC is win10. I had followed your instructions, and the TV showed up in my  "connected devices". However, I could not "screen share" with the "project" ( windows  buttons + P). On the other hand, I am able to "cast media" with the edge. 

BTW, just buy the Google Chromecast and problem solve.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Mine is extremely frustrating it have its days one day it works okay one day I'm having trouble connecting then the next it finally connects stay connected for about 10-30 minutes then the tv says Its  disconnected from the laptop the lg tv and windows 10 laptop are both new so it has to be a lg or Microsoft issue now I'm currently stuck with tv cast app which works fine connecting to my my tablet but I really prefer the screen share 

On 3/26/2017 at 8:55 PM, Kimberly said:

Mine is extremely frustrating it have its days one day it works okay one day I'm having trouble connecting then the next it finally connects stay connected for about 10-30 minutes then the tv says Its  disconnected from the laptop the lg tv and windows 10 laptop are both new so it has to be a lg or Microsoft issue now I'm currently stuck with tv cast app which works fine connecting to my my tablet but I really prefer the screen share 

Did the tv connect with wifi or lan?

I think the LG smart TV's wifi has few bugs.

• 3 months later...

I realize this thread is old, but it popped up on my Google search results, so I thought I'd share what I learned. I was also having issues casting using Windows 10's native projection mode. The trick is to disable the "Listen Mode" on the TV, but only after allowing your Windows 10 devices to find the TV with that feature turned on. This can be done in the Screen Share input method on the TV. Hope this helps!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...