Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

SIMON

How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

Hi,

Thank you for this tutoriel!

For them we have some trouble with windows 10 it's simple.

You need to type in an admin cmd : net stop http /y

If that didn't work, maybe like me you have skype.

Skype use the 80 port, you just need to close it.

• Like 1

SIMON, you have written this manual by yourself or stole someone else's instruction and assign it without leaving any references to the author? ;)

Seriously?  :huh: I wrote this tutorial step by step for LGwebOS forum users few days after successful downgrade based on description found on Polish blog. References to the author I left in archive by signing in a text file with my tutorial.

So, if you have any problem with that, feel free to PM me with your questions - here we are talking about firmware downgrade. Thank you.  ;)

Hi SIMON. I have an LB6300 and I'm getting "Update Failed due to Unknown Error". I cant figure it out. I've downgraded this TV before using the exact same method. Any idea where this error comes from? 

EDIT: I fixed it! I had to let it downgrade to 03.xx.x and then it let me downgrade to whatever i wanted. Thanks for the write up!

• Like 1

-This Downgrade Tutorial is for LG UB850V-

Tutorial for Downgrade to 5.00.04 FW!

1.here are the LGUpdater Folder with my manual settings.

MEGA

2.Edit the AcylicHosts File with your PC IP Adress.

#############################################################################
# #
# IF YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THIS FILE YOU HAVE TO RESTART THE ACRYLIC DNS #
# PROXY SERVICE IN ORDER TO SEE THEIR EFFECTS. #
# #
# This is the AcrylicHosts.txt file. #
# #
# It contains predefined mappings between names and addresses exactly the #
# same way the native HOSTS file does. #
# #
# The format is: IPADDRESS HOSTNAME1 [HOSTNAME2] [HOSTNAME3] ... #
# #
# Where IPADDRESS is in quad-dotted notation and HOSTNAMES are strings. #
# #
# The separator between IPADDRESS and HOSTNAMES can be any number of spaces #
# or tabs or both. If the HOSTNAMES contain the special characters '*' and #
# '?' a (slow) "dir" like pattern matching algorithm is used instead of a #
# (fast) binary search within the list of host names: #
# #
# 127.0.0.1 ad.* ads.* #
# #
# If a HOSTNAME starts with the '/' character instead it is treated like a #
# regular expression (also very slow compared to a binary search): #
# #
# 127.0.0.1 /^ads?\..*$ #
# #
# Note: More info about the regular expression engine and its syntax can be #
# found at: RegExp Studio Regular expressions,RegExp,Delphi,Pascal,FreePascal,Kylix,Libraries,VCL,CLX,Tools,files utils,math,string utils,parsers #
# #
# It is also possible to specify exceptions when regular expressions or #
# pattern based matching is used. If for example we would like to filter #
# out all ads.* like domains except for the ads.test1 and the ads.test2 we #
# should write: #
# #
# 127.0.0.1 ads.* -ads.test1 -ads.test2 #
# #
# Note: A line starting with the '#' character (and everything after it if #
# it's found within a line) is considered a comment and therefore ignored. #
# #
#############################################################################

127.0.0.1 localhost
###.###.#.## snu.lge.com
###.###.#.## lgtvonline.lge.com

3.edit the HE_DTV_WT1H_AFAAABAA File inside the htdocs Folder with your PC-IP Adress.(Open with Editor)

<RESPONSE><RESULT_CD>900</RESULT_CD><MSG>Success</MSG><REQ_ID>00000000001095060917</REQ_ID><IMAGE_URL>###.###.#.##</IMAGE_URL><IMAGE_SIZE>645152780</IMAGE_SIZE><IMAGE_NAME>starfish-dvb-secured-goldfinger-23.ashley.goldfinger-2304-05.00.04-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk</IMAGE_NAME><UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>05</UPDATE_MAJOR_VER><UPDATE_MINOR_VER>00.04</UPDATE_MINOR_VER><FORCE_FLAG>Y</FORCE_FLAG><KE></KE><GMT>9 Apr 2014 16:01:07 GMT</GMT><ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO><CDN_URL>http://###.###.#.##/starfish-dvb-secured-goldfinger-23.ashley.goldfinger-2304-05.00.04-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk</CDN_URL><CONTENTS></CONTENTS></RESPONSE>

4.Download this FW 5.00.04.

Бета-версии прошивок для Ultra HD моделей 2014 года - 2 : webOS-телевизоры - Обсуждение

Direct Link: http://webos-forums.ru/go.php?http:...nger-2304-05.00.04-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk

Attention!!! THIS FW!!! Its for Germany,GB,Russia and so on.
If your TV its an European Version.

• для наших стран -> 05.00.04 от 09.2015 (на системе ashley вместо arches);

Use Google Translate for more Information on this WebOS.ru Site please.

5.Put the downloaded FW in the htdocs Folder.

6.wire with a normal LAN Crossovercable PC to TV.

7.Start startDNS,then startHHTP .bat File.
Dont Close this 2 Prompt Windows!

8.Now go to your TV Network Settings and set your IP Adress ( see it in Status information-Windows7,for example) there.

9.Go to your TV Info Tab and click on: Update

10.Now it must start the Update Progress Status bar.

11.Finish!!!

11.1 Return TV Network Setting to -Automatic-.

12. SMILE clear.png

PS: if you want another FW to Downgrade,you must edit the complete HE_DTV,AcrylicHosts File with the Information from this specific FW.

I hope i could help you and another desperate Members here. clear.png

Greetings

8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it

can not get this to stay running. it shuts down right away..  running windows 7 as the admin.

would love to downgrade this as my live chat with LG support did not go well.. and they say new update with in 3 weeks.. and they do not have an option to downgrade the WebOS.    tired of it running out of memory.. just want the older version back.

thanks in advance for your help with this.

Hi all - for what it 's worth, I just spoke to LG helpdesk about this WebOS debacle causing my tv to crash every 15 minutes. I have been on the phone to them four times or so over the past two weeks. Last week I was told an update would be within days; today they backtracked - said previous helpdesk colleague was wrong to say that; said that LG doesn't tell them when fw releases or patches will be issued.. Nice.. 

Ciao SIMON , first of all thanks for helping everybody , as far i realize this WebOS  :angry:  it's a big mess, since i update my 47lb652v with the new firmare 5.00.04 I start having problem  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  with my internet connection ( very very slow almost nothing, I can't use anymore YouTube and Smart iptv, ).

Your tutorial for downgrade will be good also for my tv 47lb652v ? , and if yes were i can get the last working firmware

Thanks

• Like 1

Ciao Zen.   ;) Don't be angry, life is too short. We all know that webOS 1.x in our TVs is very nice piece of shit, but there are more important things in our life and things like that it's only shitty decoration. Anyway, in answer to your question - I think yes, it will be good also for your TV. Just try to downgrade with my instruction and when you done, go to TV menu and do update by OTA to next firmware which you want. If you get any problems, let me know to help you more. 

• Like 1

Hi all - for what it 's worth, I just spoke to LG helpdesk about this WebOS debacle causing my tv to crash every 15 minutes. I have been on the phone to them four times or so over the past two weeks. Last week I was told an update would be within days; today they backtracked - said previous helpdesk colleague was wrong to say that; said that LG doesn't tell them when fw releases or patches will be issued.. Nice.. 

Hi caerleonite. Here we are talking about firmware downgrade. If you want to talk about firmware versions, problems with it etc., feel free to talk about in WebOS TV Firmware version topic.  ;)

No help for uf770v?

I don't have satellite search menu and want turn it back with downgrade it to out of box.

mbabakj, I need more info to help you. 

this not working on my tv 50LF652V for some reason. startHTTP.bat window also closes after run. Also in the instructions I don't understand why I need a USB if this is being done over WIFI from computer?

I want to note I'm on windows 8.1

WEBOS 2.0

my current firmware is 04.00.30

want to downgrade to :

EDIT: was able to fix bats and both run now ( added to firewall. connected) but Still" No update avaialble" when running check from tv. please help

Good evening all,

i am having some difficulty downgrading from the Beta 05.10.02 version to try the latest 05.00.15 version, so any help most appreciated !

I'm not really an IT network guy, so not so sure on whats going on.

step 4)    After obtaining MY IP ADDDRESS, do i need to remain connected to the internet for this process to work ?

step 7) and 8) the .bat files open and remain open.  ( After clicking allow by firewall )

however step 9) i am not so sure about.  So from a hardware perspective, i now have my PC connected via an ethernet cable to the TV.

I goto NETWORK settings, and disable WIFI connection. I then proceed to WIRED CONNECTION (Ethernet ) untick set automatically and change DNS SERVER to my own IP address

BUT i leave IP ADDRESS,SUBNET MASK, and GATEWAY as they are - is this correct ?

I then click CONNECT, and i get a LG TV MESSAGE 'Wired network is connected'

However in the little graphics under the large text EDIT IP, i get a cross by DNS and the internet symbol and it reports 'No internet via Ethernet'   - Is this as expected ?

Now going into GENERAL / About this TV / Checking for updates - i get the message 'It may take a few minutes' then no update found.

So i'm not sure if the tv is going through my pc or if i just dont have a valid update file, am i meant to put an .EPK file in HTDOCS like an email earlier ?

Thanks in advance for any pointers . :)

My TV model is a 55JL9000-ZA,   UK.

So think i have got a little further.   My initial IP address i was substuting was the routers IP and not the pc itself.

So doind a CMD line, IPCONFIG - i got the IP address of my ethernet port. Using this address i can now see in the .bat file cmd window:

2015-10-11 16:00 Tresolver.Execute: Request ID xxxxxx received from client xxTV IPxx regarding "lgtvonline.lge.com" of type A.

So i am guessing that i am now receing comms from the tv and it is requesting the lgtvonline.lge.com site.

However i can not get any further, nothing else happens. Another site suggest the in_dump.txt file gets modified, but mine does not get re-writen. ( Have tried deleting it, but it does not get re-created )

Any ideas on what i can do to fault find this stage ?

Should i be able to ping xxTV IPxx and get a response ?  I have tried this but get timeout.

thanks.

Hi SIMON,

I need help to downgrade my TV's firmware. I could not find my TV's model in the list. I m From Turkey.

My TV model is LG 49UF8507. Can you help me to downgrade my firmware.

My firmware is 3.30.05

I want to downgrade it to: 3.20.05

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Hi dtosun. I need your TV model name from in_dump file - <MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_????_????????</MODEL_NM>

Please do steps from 1 to 10 with my tutorial then don't accept upgrade/downgrade. After that go to C:\LgDTVUpDater\htdocs folder and open in_dump.txt file. Copy TV model name and post it here for more instructions.

Exactly what info is needed.

I know that your TV model is UF770V. To help you I need your location, current firmware version and info on which step you stuck with problem. Also TV model name from C:\LgDTVUpDater\htdocs\in_dump.txt file - <MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_????_????????</MODEL_NM> may be needed.