Quantcast

How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LGDTVUPDATER     1. Download LgDTVUpDater [  |  ] Updated 19 OCT 2015 2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\ 3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt 4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your  5. Save

Hello everyone. I'm smx, the author of the downgrade tool on  link hidden, please login to view. I noticed this topic after a guy mentioned it in the (mostly silent) openlgtv IRC channel.   To rep

1. Worked like a dream for me downgraded to 3.23.13 2. Rebboted now upgrading via manual update. 3. Upgraded to 4.30.16 4. Reboot and tv has found update via automatic update which is in progr

Posted Images

Hi dear friend. My name is Juan, I'm from Argentina. Sorry for my poor english. I'm writing you because of your topic "How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial". I need help please, cause my TV model is "49UF6400-SA" and I follow all the steps but not having any solution.

Maybe it's because my model is not present in "local" or "online" folders. For that reason, I searched an updated version of LgDTVUpDater and I found this link:  with the next download: 
link hidden, please login to view

There's an updated version of those folders and maybe the folder "UF640" is the one for my TV model. But I don't know how to update all the program to use it. Please please please, can you help me?

The actual firmware installed on my TV is 03.10.60

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I came across your name when i was browsing this site. I hope you can help me on the below.

I have got an lg tv and when i try to do a manual firmware upgrade by clicking the check for update using the remote,both wired and wirelessly, i get a message saying 'update failed due to decrypting data error'. I was wondering what that meant and how it can be fixed.

Would be grateful if you could help me with my problem

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone 

i have a problem on my smart tv lg 32LF63.. that it turn on and display 1 DTV and turn off and trun on, display 1 DTV and turn off .....

i got this error when i export GlobalClone00001.TLL in usb and i update (i do pretty print and change place the channels) in PC and i import this file in Smart TV LG then it begin this issue.

please help me

Hi Simon,

I followed your instruction and everything went well until I searched for the updates on my TV (Step 10). My TV always shows me "None".

I have 47LM6410-TB

Is this model included in the folder LM640 or do you have to add it?

Here is also the Information from the in-dump file:

<REQUEST>
<PRODUCT_NM>BROADBAND DTV 4</PRODUCT_NM>
<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_GP4I_AFAAAGAA</MODEL_NM>
<SW_TYPE>FIRMWARE</SW_TYPE>
<MAJOR_VER>04</MAJOR_VER>
<MINOR_VER>42.05</MINOR_VER>
<COUNTRY>JA7</COUNTRY>
<DEVICE_ID>c0:41:f6:3f:11:ea</DEVICE_ID>
<AUTH_FLAG>N</AUTH_FLAG>
<IGNORE_DISABLE>N</IGNORE_DISABLE>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<CONFIG_KEY>00</CONFIG_KEY>
<LANGUAGE_CODE>ENG</LANGUAGE_CODE></REQUEST>

THX for your help!

LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [  |  ] Updated 19 OCT 2015

2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\

3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt

4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your 

5. Save and exit

6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder

7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it

8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it

9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect

10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates

11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV

12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically

14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick

15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen

16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila!  ;)

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.

Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found .

Olá Simon, 

Eu sou do Brasil, assim como o @newbie, e estou tendo problemas com minha TV e gostaria da sua ajuda.

Eu tenho uma 42LB6500, Firmware 05.05.01, Modelo 42LB6500-SF, versão WebOS 1.4.0-2518 (afro-ashley) e o aplicativo do NetFlix não está carregando mais os vídeos. Somente este aplicativo não funciona corretamente. Tentei fazer o downgrade para a versão 04.65.05, mas sempre dá erro, tanto quanto tento o downgrade com o arquivo no diretório "htdocs" quanto online, pelo link https://su.lge.com... "Falha na atualização erro na descriptografia... ": "Falha na atualização decorrente de erro desconhecido."

Já tentei várias formas, firmware's diferentes, LGDTVUpdater diferente e nada, sempre dá erro. 

Minha TV é só para NetFlix e agora virou um enfeite de parede.

Me ajuda, por favor?

Conteúdo dos arquivos:

HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAABAA

<RESPONSE><RESULT_CD>900</RESULT_CD>
<MSG>Success</MSG><REQ_ID>00000000002475918986</REQ_ID>
<IMAGE_URL>
<IMAGE_SIZE>657983572</IMAGE_SIZE>
<IMAGE_NAME>starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-39.arches-3953-04.65.05-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk</IMAGE_NAME>
<IMAGE_CHECKSUM>0x1812e492</IMAGE_CHECKSUM>
<UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>04</UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>
<UPDATE_MINOR_VER>65.05</UPDATE_MINOR_VER>
<FORCE_FLAG>Y</FORCE_FLAG>
<KE></KE>
<GMT>1 Jun 2015 16:30:47 GMT</GMT>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<CDN_URL>
<CONTENTS></CONTENTS></RESPONSE>

in_dump.txt

<REQUEST>
<PRODUCT_NM>webOS</PRODUCT_NM>
<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAATAA</MODEL_NM>
<MAJOR_VER>05</MAJOR_VER>
<MINOR_VER>05.01</MINOR_VER>
<COUNTRY>BR2</COUNTRY>
<DEVICE_ID>e8:5b:5b:80:b4:d0</DEVICE_ID>
<AUTH_FLAG>N</AUTH_FLAG>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<LANGUAGE_CODE>pt-BR</LANGUAGE_CODE></REQUEST>
  • 2 months later...

Hi simon i have Uh850V-ta and edit DTV_W16M_AFADABAA file on htdocs But when downgrade nothing happens please advise me

in_dump.txt

<REQUEST>
<PRODUCT_NM>webOSTV 3.0</PRODUCT_NM>
<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_W16M_AFADABAA</MODEL_NM>
<MAJOR_VER>04</MAJOR_VER>
<MINOR_VER>30.90</MINOR_VER>
<COUNTRY>TR</COUNTRY>
<COUNTRY_GROUP>JA</COUNTRY_GROUP>
<DEVICE_ID>c8:08:e9:f9:2e:3a</DEVICE_ID>
<AUTH_FLAG>N</AUTH_FLAG>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<LANGUAGE_CODE>en-GB</LANGUAGE_CODE></REQUEST>

DTV_W16M_AFADABAA

<RESPONSE>
    <RESULT_CD>900</RESULT_CD>
    <MSG>Success</MSG>
    <REQ_ID>00000000002833583186</REQ_ID>
    <IMAGE_URL>
    <IMAGE_SIZE>701931322</IMAGE_SIZE>
    <IMAGE_NAME>starfish-dvb-secured-m16-7.deua.m16-719-04.30.65-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk</IMAGE_NAME>
    <UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>04</UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>
    <UPDATE_MINOR_VER>30.65</UPDATE_MINOR_VER>
    <FORCE_FLAG>Y</FORCE_FLAG>
    <KE></KE>
    <GMT>13 Aug 2016 12:30:59 GMT</GMT>
    <ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
    <CDN_URL>

<CONTENTS></CONTENTS>
</RESPONSE>

É possível fazer o downgrade da LG 42LB6500??? Eu não consigo fazer o downgrade e já tentei olhar os logs do Apache, mas não encontro nada que possa me informar onde estou errando.

Estou começando a acreditar que o problema na verdade é que a minha TV não é possível fazer o downgrade. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Simon !

Thanks in advance for your big work ! (sorry for my bad English)...

Two days ago I test your way but I've some doubts, I put a different range 192.168.1.2 local computer... and for localhost AcrylicHosts all changes less local address (127.0.0.1) obvious, the doubt is I can't see where step I've to put my *.pek file (firmware file) and if downgrade what's is the version of default if not put my firmware file?  

Data:

My LG TV model is 60LB870V and I've realease 05.00.35 but I want to change by 05.00.15 because the flash I think is better... 

In the C:\LgDTVUpDater\htdocs there are a file HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAABAA and inside I think that there are some parameters which in other website tell to modify for example:

<RESPONSE><RESULT_CD>900</RESULT_CD><MSG>Success</MSG><REQ_ID>00000000001400299533</REQ_ID><IMAGE_URL>http://snu.lge.com/SWDownload.laf</IMAGE_URL><IMAGE_SIZE>619206024</IMAGE_SIZE><IMAGE_NAME>starfish-dvb-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2507-05.00.15-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk</IMAGE_NAME><IMAGE_CHECKSUM>0x11ef4680</IMAGE_CHECKSUM><UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>03</UPDATE_MAJOR_VER><UPDATE_MINOR_VER>23.24</UPDATE_MINOR_VER><FORCE_FLAG>Y</FORCE_FLAG><KE></KE><GMT>10 Aug 2014 04:47:19 GMT</GMT><ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO><CDN_URL>http://su.lge.com:80/GlobalSWDownloadCdn.laf?IMG=/201406/starfish-dvb-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2507-05.00.15-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk</CDN_URL><CONTENTS></CONTENTS></RESPONSE>

IMAGE_URL too change for 192.168.1.2  but only donwload at half... but stopping... and never restart the TV... 

My questions are: The image size is not necessary change? because the initial file was another image file like a "**angeles27**" sorry but right now I don't stay join the PC TV...  and if not put my "pek" file how update or what's realease update or perhaps is then when plug my USB Stick because only change the state for new firmwares... sorry but is my first time to downgrade the TV and I've a little fear for a possible brick.

Well I think that is not necessary how I said put any pek file... until restart TV whit USB Stick...  is for that way the correct process? and someone test with LG 60LB870V downgrade 05.00.35 to 05.00.15 without problems? 

Thank you very much in advance !

Gabry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, any chance of the necessary code to do this without having to create a Windows VB please? My machine is a mid-2012 spec Macbook Pro A1278 running Mint 18.1 & Cinnamon desktop UI and Auld Fecker 17.6 (Debian sc based) for the PT work. I do have access to a Dell desktop but that is also a factory Linux box and I'm not prepared to downgrade either to Windows just so that my TV can be hacked on the offchance that there's a tangible advantage for doing this downgrade, which there may well be but given that the TV works properly I'm only needing to find out for myself which seems fair.

Also, does this affect the warranty?

TIA,

Seam.

• 1 month later...

Hi
Can you help me?! I am from Azerbaijan.I have LG Tv 43LF631V.And in my Tv don't work Lg content store.I didn't enter any apps.I try to reset my tv from the settings menu.But don't change any.I know to enter service menu (EZ adjust) whit a smartphone.But I don't know codes( area, country, tools)in the service menu.If you know codes, send me, please

• 3 months later...

Can someone help me, I dont know what I'm doing wrong.

I have a [LG] webOS TV OLED55B6V I'm trying to downgrade because they ruined HDR game mode and i want it to be bright again.

I've tried everything but my tv wont connect to the local host, I've turned of my firewall etc nothing works.

Anyone can help me or give me the correct firmware that's before 05.30.03?

im a noob in this.

thnx

Can you tell me if you can make an official downgrade? After every upgrade, my TV image quality decreased, I waited few official upgrade but after every upgrade the image quality decreased (very little differences in shades, like the screen were aging).  Apple has the same policy after every iOS upgrade the iPhone becomes "older" :-) .  I learned the lesson, if I don't have a real reason for an upgrade I will keep the original firmware. 

After the firmware downgrade, my tv have a very good image like a new one. This was my downgrade reason.

good luck