Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

SIMON

How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

Sorry Simon I don't understand why should you downgrade tv firmware if after do it you check Update again via tv? Is there any issues with LG tv update? ??

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Sorry Simon I don't understand why should you downgrade tv firmware if after do it you check Update again via tv? Is there any issues with LG tv update? ??

@tiger81, you must to downgrade firmware and check for update again, if you have installed beta firmware with higher number than official firmware. When beta firmware is like 05.00.40, you can't install oficial update like 05.00.20. After downgrade, you can install firmware which you want by OTA or USB. 

Ok thanks it's clear now! I don't thought that LG released beta fw where we can find these? Do you know if there's a beta firmware for model uf850v! I know that same tv model but manufactured more recently (November 2015) have version 4.0 BUT my tv doesn't find any update and last firmware uploaded on LG website is 03.20.05 (version equipped on my tv)! I think that LG update is a fucked mess

Hey, same problem here, no firmware found  :mellow:

<REQUEST>
<PRODUCT_NM>webOSTV 2.0</PRODUCT_NM>
<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_W15A_AFADABAA</MODEL_NM>
<SW_TYPE>FIRMWARE</SW_TYPE>
<MAJOR_VER>04</MAJOR_VER>
<MINOR_VER>20.50</MINOR_VER>
<COUNTRY>DE</COUNTRY>
<DEVICE_ID>c8:08:e9:40:f6:57</DEVICE_ID>
<AUTH_FLAG>N</AUTH_FLAG>
<IGNORE_DISABLE>N</IGNORE_DISABLE>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<CONFIG_KEY>00</CONFIG_KEY>
<LANGUAGE_CODE>de-DE</LANGUAGE_CODE></REQUEST>

Thanks for your help

Hello everybody!

I have LB670 modeI  and I upgraded to 5.00.40. I use tv only for watching movies. But after update picture is much much worse. It is like totally different (worse) tv.  I wach bluray remuxes but I see artefacts everywhere. I tried to downgrade but after i accept "NSU upgrade" nothing happens. Please help!!

Hi guys,

I own the 60LA8600-TA (Australian Version).  Last week my TV did an automatic upgrade from the latest Netcast firmware 04.28.07 to the new WebOS firmware 04.29.01.

After this upgrade the TV could no longer play DLNA content via LG's player or Plex.  I came to this forum and found this downgrade procedure and it worked perfectly except for one thing, My TV was permanently upside down.

After resetting the unit and fiddling around a bit I could not flip it back so I tried another firmware downgrade.  This is where things got far worse.  I must of, in my haste, Selected a foreign firmware.  Upon flashing to this firmware my TV is now in what I assume is Hebrew language (indistinguishable characters) :-(

I promptly downloaded the latest AU firmware again and tried to flash back.  But now the TV will no longer find an update via the original method on this site :-( Just says what I assume is no update found.

After a lot of research I managed to use the Android LG Service Remote App with a Galaxy S5's IR blaster to get into the service menu and flip the TV back to the correct orientation by turning off mirror mode.  I also read that a Factory In_Stop may revert to factory firmware but the app does not have that function.

Basically I just need to flash back to AU firmware and all will be well.  This is the current In_Dump from my set:

<REQUEST>
<PRODUCT_NM>NETCAST 4.0</PRODUCT_NM>
<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_NC4H_AFAAAIAA</MODEL_NM>
<MAJOR_VER>05</MAJOR_VER>
<MINOR_VER>09.06</MINOR_VER>
<COUNTRY>AU</COUNTRY>
<DEVICE_ID>hidden</DEVICE_ID>
<AUTH_FLAG>N</AUTH_FLAG>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<LANGUAGE_CODE>ENG</LANGUAGE_CODE></REQUEST>

I have created a clone of the original HE_DTV_NC4H_AFAAABAA I used to downgrade my set, to this new Model NM HE_DTV_NC4H_AFAAAIAA but the TV does not see the firmware or local host for some unknown reason.  The TV simply shows no update available and the acrylicconsole on my PC is showing the TV pinging the standard servers that I have forwarded to my internal static IP.

Can anyone help me out with this one?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi guys,

I own the 60LA8600-TA (Australian Version).  Last week my TV did an automatic upgrade from the latest Netcast firmware 04.28.07 to the new WebOS firmware 04.29.01.

After this upgrade the TV could no longer play DLNA content via LG's player or Plex.  I came to this forum and found this downgrade procedure and it worked perfectly except for one thing, My TV was permanently upside down.

After resetting the unit and fiddling around a bit I could not flip it back so I tried another firmware downgrade.  This is where things got far worse.  I must of, in my haste, Selected a foreign firmware.  Upon flashing to this firmware my TV is now in what I assume is Hebrew language (indistinguishable characters) :-(

I promptly downloaded the latest AU firmware again and tried to flash back.  But now the TV will no longer find an update via the original method on this site :-( Just says what I assume is no update found.

After a lot of research I managed to use the Android LG Service Remote App with a Galaxy S5's IR blaster to get into the service menu and flip the TV back to the correct orientation by turning off mirror mode.  I also read that a Factory In_Stop may revert to factory firmware but the app does not have that function.

Basically I just need to flash back to AU firmware and all will be well.  This is the current In_Dump from my set:

<REQUEST>
<PRODUCT_NM>NETCAST 4.0</PRODUCT_NM>
<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_NC4H_AFAAAIAA</MODEL_NM>
<MAJOR_VER>05</MAJOR_VER>
<MINOR_VER>09.06</MINOR_VER>
<COUNTRY>AU</COUNTRY>
<DEVICE_ID>hidden</DEVICE_ID>
<AUTH_FLAG>N</AUTH_FLAG>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<LANGUAGE_CODE>ENG</LANGUAGE_CODE></REQUEST>

I have created a clone of the original HE_DTV_NC4H_AFAAABAA I used to downgrade my set, to this new Model NM HE_DTV_NC4H_AFAAAIAA but the TV does not see the firmware or local host for some unknown reason.  The TV simply shows no update available and the acrylicconsole on my PC is showing the TV pinging the standard servers that I have forwarded to my internal static IP.

Can anyone help me out with this one?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry I forgot to add what the new file I added to the Dir contains:

<RESPONSE>
<RESULT_CD>900</RESULT_CD>
<MSG>Success</MSG>
<REQ_ID>00000000002520111201</REQ_ID>
<IMAGE_URL>myIP.*.*.*</IMAGE_URL>
<IMAGE_SIZE>575836884</IMAGE_SIZE>
<IMAGE_NAME>NC4_DVB_EU_MP1_SU1_lg115x_B0_DrvRevNo3248_RevNo50435_V04.28.07_usb_V2_SECURED.epk</IMAGE_NAME>
<UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>04</UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>
<UPDATE_MINOR_VER>28.07</UPDATE_MINOR_VER>
<FORCE_FLAG>Y</FORCE_FLAG>
<KE></KE>
<GMT>11 Jun 2015 08:58:13 GMT</GMT>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<CONTENTS></CONTENTS>
</RESPONSE>

So I tried SMX's version of the downgrade and the TV actually picked up the update from my PC this time... Problem is, after the update got to 100% and said completed, rebooting.  The TV now turns on, Shows the LG Logo then goes to a grey/black screen and does nothing else indefinitely :-(

I'm assuming the motherboard has now been bricked?

I currently have it off at the wall draining to see if it will recover but i highly doubt it, I used the original OEM firmware epk that worked perfectly days earlier too which is what really throws me.

I followed this to the letter:

link hidden, please login to view

Hello Simon,

Thanks a lot for all your help and patience. Thanks to the method @hepmisafir found, I believe that I will finally be able to downgrade my dumb TV :)

Hi mtuna,

any chance you write detailed tutorial, I'm heaving trouble downgrading my 49UF8507 with both options but I fail at both of them...

So I tried SMX's version of the downgrade and the TV actually picked up the update from my PC this time... Problem is, after the update got to 100% and said completed, rebooting. The TV now turns on, Shows the LG Logo then goes to a grey/black screen and does nothing else indefinitely :-(

I'm assuming the motherboard has now been bricked?

I currently have it off at the wall draining to see if it will recover but i highly doubt it, I used the original OEM firmware epk that worked perfectly days earlier too which is what really throws me.

I followed this to the letter:

It's not possible to flash all updates safely. The TV does *NO check*.

Essentially, what you need to do is flash a Full Firmware to avoid a brick.

Full firmwares (we could also call them milestones) are epks that ship all the partitions bundled in.

On the other hand, Partial Firmwares only ship SOME of the partitions.

The problem is that while new partial updates are designed to work on older partitions, new partitions don't expect an older version of other partitions to be flashed, and may act weirdly, crash, or just do nothing at all.

How to know if the firmware you're going to flash is good? The only true way would be to extract the EPK and check it out...but there's a trick

You can perform the following steps to get an EPK that should be good to go and safe:

-> Dump the TV NSU Request

-> Modify the reported firmware version to be something older than you currently have. You may set it to be older than the first released version (in some cases you can get the first version ever released by doing that, or the first milestone). Or you can incrementally reduce the version until you pick an update. My recommendation would be start from a low MINOR, but with the same MAJOR, so that you don't get another partial update.

-> Send this modified NSU Request to LG (i have a tool that i may polish up and release for this task)

-> Copy the CDN Url, download the epk on your PC, and spoof/serve it with NSU_EMU

ALSO check the size of the epk file. A small epk file is unlikely to be a full upgrade.

:)

Now unfortunately, about your brick, there's not much you can do. Your only hope to get it fixed is to try and get serial working, but at your current situation you would need to disassemble the TV, and i'm not completely sure about the recovery procedure in case you get a working connection. I DO have a theory, but i never worked with a bricked WebOS device and someone willing to take a closer look..yet ;)

Hope this post can be helpful to others.

@SIMON: You should add this as a warning

:)

P.S. About the NSU_EMU rewrite i had in progress...i'm lacking time lately, and my main PC has been out of service for a while. I need to get some time and reorganize my storage space before i can get going again.

• Like 1

LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [ 

| 
 ] Updated 19 OCT 2015

2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\

3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt

4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your 

5. Save and exit

6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder

7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it

8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it

9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect

10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates

11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV

12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically

14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick

15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen

16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila!  ;)

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.

Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found

just updated useing windows 10 i had to turn off my firewall and follow this guide to use apach.exe

1. Run Command Prompt and type services.msc > Enter

2. Scroll To World Wide Web Publishing Service. Note that the Status should say that it is Running.

3. Double Click on that row. Change the Startup type from Automatic to Manual. Next, click on Stop to stop the WWWPS service.

windows-services-world-wide-web-publishi

* Don’t worry, unless you’re running some software that depends on the Microsoft IIS Web Server, you should be fine.

4. Now, try to start Apache again.

now i am on 05.00.70 with my LG49UB850V

thanks Simon

• Like 1

Hello, I'm from Brazil.

I'm having problems with the downgrade, my version is now on 05.00.70 with my LG49UB850, I need the version 04.62.43.

The versions the package not work for my tv, the version what showing on package is 04.62.46.

Who can help-me?