Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

SIMON

How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [ MEGA | MediaFire ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your local IP address
5. Save and exit
6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila!  ;)

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found here.

• Like 4

This is missing something because no. 11 does nothing.

After Check For Updates from #10 you must accept first firmware TV installation by clicking Install at message prompt on the screen - this is #11.

I checked it one more time on my TV before creating this topic.

Please make sure that you everything did correctly.

BTW What is your TV model, webOS version and software?

1. Worked like a dream for me downgraded to 3.23.13

2. Rebboted now upgrading via manual update.

3. Upgraded to 4.30.16

4. Reboot and tv has found update via automatic update which is in progress

5. Udpate 5.00.04 installed

Straight forward and worked without issue.

Thank you Simon.

David Isom

• Like 2

Check you TV model in LgDTVUpDater\htdocs\in_dump.txt 

<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_WT1H_AFAAABAA</MODEL_NM>

then find the model tv file in LgDTVUpDater\TV series and copy it to LgDTVUpDater\htdocs\

Check you TV model in LgDTVUpDater\htdocs\in_dump.txt 

<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_WT1H_AFAAABAA</MODEL_NM>

then find the model tv file in LgDTVUpDater\TV series and copy it to LgDTVUpDater\htdocs\

Are you sure? It's not working like that...

Yes. The TV searches for that file and then checks its content. Try it yourself, erase dump file, start batch files, check for update on tv and look into dump file for tv model. Delete the file which has the same name of your tv model and try to update, it should not work.

I don't think you was right in this case.

Please read instruction and look at David's post.

I need to update LgDTVupdater for higher models.

1. Worked like a dream for me downgraded to 3.23.13

2. Rebboted now upgrading via manual update.

3. Upgraded to 4.30.16

4. Reboot and tv has found update via automatic update which is in progress

5. Udpate 5.00.04 installed

Straight forward and worked without issue.

Thank you Simon.

David Isom

Shóuld have said after step,one dns was put back to normal and pc software stopped.

The manual and subesquent updates came via the web......

Updated for higher TV models, tested, uploaded. ;)

This didn't work for me. This is what the dummy file has.

<REQUEST>

<PRODUCT_NM>webOS</PRODUCT_NM>

<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_WT1H_AFAAATAA</MODEL_NM>

<SW_TYPE>FIRMWARE</SW_TYPE>

<MAJOR_VER>05</MAJOR_VER>

<MINOR_VER>00.04</MINOR_VER>

<COUNTRY>US2</COUNTRY>

<DEVICE_ID</DEVICE_ID>

<AUTH_FLAG>N</AUTH_FLAG>

<IGNORE_DISABLE>N</IGNORE_DISABLE>

<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>

<CONFIG_KEY>00</CONFIG_KEY>

<LANGUAGE_CODE>en-US</LANGUAGE_CODE>

</REQUEST>

Thank you SIMON, you saved my 49UB850V, i used your tut to downgrade from 5.00.04, and worked like a charme

Nice to know that it works for others, though regretting that not for everyone will. 

Maybe next update will be better for your TV. Meanwhile, thank you for your opinion and I wish you to make it happen.  ;)

Hi santosh, In Poland it is now ~ 3H00AM and I have to get some rest, but when I come back to life I will prepare an update to include TV models that are not available for now.  ;)

This didn't work for me. This is what the dummy file has.

<REQUEST>

<PRODUCT_NM>webOS</PRODUCT_NM>

<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_WT1H_AFAAATAA</MODEL_NM>

<SW_TYPE>FIRMWARE</SW_TYPE>

<MAJOR_VER>05</MAJOR_VER>

<MINOR_VER>00.04</MINOR_VER>

<COUNTRY>US2</COUNTRY>

<DEVICE_ID</DEVICE_ID>

<AUTH_FLAG>N</AUTH_FLAG>

<IGNORE_DISABLE>N</IGNORE_DISABLE>

<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>

<CONFIG_KEY>00</CONFIG_KEY>

<LANGUAGE_CODE>en-US</LANGUAGE_CODE>

</REQUEST>

Is there any way I can get this work on my model ? I have tried so many things but it always says update not found.