Quantcast

How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have 03.51.20 firmware file or link for EU version? OLED55C7V
Or does anyone have access to

link hidden, please login to view
or and give me the link and REQ ID to the above firmware version?

Info I need from lge site (this is the AU version of 03.51.20) :
<REQ_ID>00000000012406564924
<IMAGE_URL>http://snu.lge.com/SWDownload.laf</IMAGE_URL>
<IMAGE_SIZE>808487936</IMAGE_SIZE>
<IMAGE_NAME>starfish-dvb-secured-m16p-412.dixie.m16p-41242-03.51.20-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk</IMAGE_NAME><UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>03</UPDATE_MAJOR_VER><UPDATE_MINOR_VER>51.20</UPDATE_MINOR_VER><FORCE_FLAG>Y</FORCE_FLAG>
<KE></KE>
<GMT>28 Mar 2017 11:22:32 GMT</GMT><ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<CDN_URL>http://su.lge.com:80/GlobalSWDownloadCdn.laf?IMG=/201703/starfish-dvb-secured-m16p-412.dixie.m16p-41242-03.51.20-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk</CDN_URL>

On 21/09/2015 at 7:17 AM, SIMON said:

LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [ 

|  ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your 
5. Save and exit
6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila!  ;)

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found .

This process is th same to model LB6500?

2 hours ago, Егор Филиппов said:

Help, can not lower the firmware from 04.70.30 to a lower one, I get the message "Software update can not be applied to the TV". LG oled55B7V.

I get the same message. According to forums and people around it is a block on 2017 oled that prevents you from installing older firmware. 

Has anyone here successfully downgraded a 2017 oled?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kenito said:

I get the same message. According to forums and people around it is a block on 2017 oled that prevents you from installing older firmware. 

What is your problem ? 
I have  a bright area in the middle of the screen after the update on 04.70.30.

10 minutes ago, Егор Филиппов said:

What is your problem ? 
I have  a bright area in the middle of the screen after the update on 04.70.30.

I am currently on 03.60.09 and not happy with the changes they did to the HDR Game Mode (too dark). That's why I want to downgrade to 03.51.20

Where did you get your software file from? Are you sure it's a EU version?

Let me know if you find a way to downgrade the software.

46 minutes ago, Kenito said:

I am currently on 03.60.09 and not happy with the changes they did to the HDR Game Mode (too dark). That's why I want to downgrade to 03.51.20

Where did you get your software file from? Are you sure it's a EU version?

Let me know if you find a way to downgrade the software.

Official online firmware (Russia). 
Ok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally Apple has admitted that they are software "

" the iPhone (I prefer to replace the battery), I think we will find out soon that TV producers are aging LED technology in the same way, the client must be directed to OLED technology.
I just bought a brand new LG WebOS UHDTV, the image is like on my old LG NETCAST UHDTV before downgrade :-(.
I think the case is lost :-( it is an 2017 model and there is no older firmware.
I am thinking to return the TV and buy another brand.

PS Apple become very aggressive with the iPhone iOS update :-(. Periodically the phone ask the safety code to start the automatic download and overnight  installation of the latest iOS. And unfortunately there is no jailbreak to stop this :-(

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2015 at 3:17 AM, SIMON said:

LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [ 

|  ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your 
5. Save and exit
6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila! 

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found .

will it work on 47LA6200 model?

• 2 weeks later...

On 4.12.2017 at 0:20 PM, Kenito said:

Any progress/success on downgrading a 2017 OLED?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 3:35 AM, Morad said:
hi i have 40ub800v after downgrade and factory reset tv freeze after 15seconde after power on i find jtag connection in motherboard but i knew any flasher or how flash it who have idea or any solution thanks

Hi

If the TV don't respond to any command using classic remote control or the TV button (maybe the smart Remote control are not paired anymore) and the resoft process was without errors or with no power cut until the process was ended, that looks like there is a hardware issue and you have to replace the flash IC :-(. I'm afraid you have to contact an authorized service for this :-(, they have an already written flash.

When was your last firmware upgrade?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Simon

My Model is 49UB850T - DA
Location is Taiwan

current Version is 05.05.45

Problem is that, ever since it updated, its slow as ****, Even some function that used to be awsome are gone, the change input key on my remote won' t even work with the TV anymore, its been a headack, Please help me out and sort out ways to downgrade this TV, then i shall try updated each version by USB to test out which works the best with me.

Thank you so much for helping out!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Simon, hello  together,

I am not a native english speaker. Please forgive me for grammatical errors. 🙂

Have a 42LM640S with followed Problem: 

The SETTINGS will not works and if i push the HOME Button or MY APPS  Button or INPUT: with all Buttons will show on TV only on right Corner below a red circle with message : loading. But nothing will happen.

The TV has got the Firmware 4.62.12. The old Firmware from LG Homepage 4.40.19 will be denied. 

There ist also no chance to start the systemmenu like SETTINGS to try to reset or other. My only way to update or downgrade will works with USB or network.

I can watch  TV without errors, but all other functions are gone.

NOW my Question: how can i downgrade  under this Circumstances my  lovely TV? How can i fix it?

I hope for answer and that you understand me :-) . The LG support cant help me. 😞

@SIMON I checked your tutorial and everything looks good until point 9. Maybe do you have a solution for me?

Best regards send

Mebus

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't able to get @SIMON's method to work unfortunately, but I followed @smx's tutorial to roll back the firmware for my LG 55UF850V from 4.05.60 to 04.00.90 and that worked, up until the point where I tried to run the update on the TV. The TV was able to find the available update (coming up as 04.05.61 on the tv), however when I clicked "update now" it said update failed immediately, giving the error message "Update failed because SW version is lower than TV SW version". Has anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it? I think perhaps it might have been because I was trying to update using the usb version of the .epk file (that's the only file I could seem to download on the lg support website) rather than the nsu version, but I can't seem to figure out where to download the nsu versions. 

Is anyone able to advise on how I could fix this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated because my TV is running very slowly on its current firmware version!

2 hours ago, harry201204 said:

I wasn't able to get @SIMON's method to work unfortunately, but I followed @smx's tutorial to roll back the firmware for my LG 55UF850V from 4.05.60 to 04.00.90 and that worked, up until the point where I tried to run the update on the TV. The TV was able to find the available update (coming up as 04.05.61 on the tv), however when I clicked "update now" it said update failed immediately, giving the error message "Update failed because SW version is lower than TV SW version". Has anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it? I think perhaps it might have been because I was trying to update using the usb version of the .epk file (that's the only file I could seem to download on the lg support website) rather than the nsu version, but I can't seem to figure out where to download the nsu versions. 

Is anyone able to advise on how I could fix this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated because my TV is running very slowly on its current firmware version!

Hi Harry!

Try with latest downgrade tool  from august 2018. Tell us if you've succeeded..

(Скачать)

1 hour ago, Dejan Fehirov said:

Hi Harry!

Try with latest downgrade tool  from august 2018. Tell us if you've succeeded..

(Скачать)

Hi Dejan.

Do the new downgrade tool work around the block that LG has on the newer tv's?  (Error message : Update failed because SW version is lower than TV SW version.)

• 1 month later...

Anyone had problems with LG UK6470 new 2018 series?

Skaling seems to be not working correctly when my PC is connected to the tv with HDMI cable. I'm having black bars on left and right side depending on settings, i've tried 16:9 and original etc settings... Same thing happens on 3840x2160 and 4096x2160 resolutions.. It has been working before and i think they've messed up something with the latest patch 04.10.04.... Also samething happens with another pc. Is it possible to downgrade the software version?

On 9/8/2018 at 7:07 PM, harry201204 said:

@harry201204 Hi Harry, were you able to roll back your firmware version (04.05.60)? I'm also receiving this error "Update failed because software version is earlier than the version installed on the TV" and haven't being able to downgrade it. Downloaded the epk from LG site as well.

Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade from newer firmwares?

@Elee09 Unfortunately I wasn't able to succeed in rolling the firmware back, so I'm stuck on the current version.

I tried using the latest downgrade tool that @Dejan Fehirov linked me but sadly that didn't help, I still got the same error message and wasn't able to complete the downgrade. If anyone has any more ideas on how to fix the issue I'd be really appreciative though!