Quantcast

How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

this not working on my tv 50LF652V for some reason. startHTTP.bat window also closes after run. Also in the instructions I don't understand why I need a USB if this is being done over WIFI from computer?

I want to note I'm on windows 8.1

WEBOS 2.0

my current firmware is 04.00.30

want to downgrade to :

EDIT: was able to fix bats and both run now ( added to firewall. connected) but Still" No update avaialble" when running check from tv. please help

Good evening all,

i am having some difficulty downgrading from the Beta 05.10.02 version to try the latest 05.00.15 version, so any help most appreciated !

I'm not really an IT network guy, so not so sure on whats going on.

step 4)    After obtaining MY IP ADDDRESS, do i need to remain connected to the internet for this process to work ?

step 7) and 8) the .bat files open and remain open.  ( After clicking allow by firewall )

however step 9) i am not so sure about.  So from a hardware perspective, i now have my PC connected via an ethernet cable to the TV.

I goto NETWORK settings, and disable WIFI connection. I then proceed to WIRED CONNECTION (Ethernet ) untick set automatically and change DNS SERVER to my own IP address

BUT i leave IP ADDRESS,SUBNET MASK, and GATEWAY as they are - is this correct ?

I then click CONNECT, and i get a LG TV MESSAGE 'Wired network is connected'

However in the little graphics under the large text EDIT IP, i get a cross by DNS and the internet symbol and it reports 'No internet via Ethernet'   - Is this as expected ?

Now going into GENERAL / About this TV / Checking for updates - i get the message 'It may take a few minutes' then no update found.

So i'm not sure if the tv is going through my pc or if i just dont have a valid update file, am i meant to put an .EPK file in HTDOCS like an email earlier ?

Thanks in advance for any pointers . :)

My TV model is a 55JL9000-ZA,   UK.

So think i have got a little further.   My initial IP address i was substuting was the routers IP and not the pc itself.

So doind a CMD line, IPCONFIG - i got the IP address of my ethernet port. Using this address i can now see in the .bat file cmd window:

2015-10-11 16:00 Tresolver.Execute: Request ID xxxxxx received from client xxTV IPxx regarding "lgtvonline.lge.com" of type A.

So i am guessing that i am now receing comms from the tv and it is requesting the lgtvonline.lge.com site.

However i can not get any further, nothing else happens. Another site suggest the in_dump.txt file gets modified, but mine does not get re-writen. ( Have tried deleting it, but it does not get re-created )

Any ideas on what i can do to fault find this stage ?

Should i be able to ping xxTV IPxx and get a response ?  I have tried this but get timeout.

thanks.

Hi SIMON,

I need help to downgrade my TV's firmware. I could not find my TV's model in the list. I m From Turkey.

My TV model is LG 49UF8507. Can you help me to downgrade my firmware.

My firmware is 3.30.05

I want to downgrade it to:

link hidden, please login to view

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Hi dtosun. I need your TV model name from in_dump file - <MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_????_????????</MODEL_NM>

Please do steps from 1 to 10 with my tutorial then don't accept upgrade/downgrade. After that go to C:\LgDTVUpDater\htdocs folder and open in_dump.txt file. Copy TV model name and post it here for more instructions.

Exactly what info is needed.

I know that your TV model is UF770V. To help you I need your location, current firmware version and info on which step you stuck with problem. Also TV model name from C:\LgDTVUpDater\htdocs\in_dump.txt file - <MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_????_????????</MODEL_NM> may be needed.

I know that your TV model is UF770V. To help you I need your location, current firmware version and info on which step you stuck with problem. Also TV model name from C:\LgDTVUpDater\htdocs\in_dump.txt file - <MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_????_????????</MODEL_NM> may be needed.

Hi SIMON,

I need help to downgrade my TV's firmware. I could not find my TV's model in the list. I m From Turkey.

My TV model is LG 49UF8507. Can you help me to downgrade my firmware.

My firmware is 3.30.05

I want to downgrade it to:

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Hi dtosun. I need your TV model name from in_dump file - <MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_????_????????</MODEL_NM>

Please do steps from 1 to 10 with my tutorial then don't accept upgrade/downgrade. After that go to C:\LgDTVUpDater\htdocs folder and open in_dump.txt file. Copy TV model name and post it here for more instructions.

Dear SIMON,

i need the same issues with dtosun and i've tried a lot but unfortunatelly i haven't able to solve the problem whatever i tried. 1 to 10 steps don't make a sense at all. TV shows "there's no update" and we can not see the TV model name automaticly in dump.txt file. Then, if i set it manually by using the pre-downladed .epk file and files in your "TV Series" folder, there's still the same: "there's no update".

Any advise, please? (thanks in advance)

TV tv model info's:

HE_DTV_W15U_AFADABAA

03_30_02_DE_GB_

UF850

@simon

thank you very much for your effort.

The downgrade worked for me without any hassle and perfect.

Tip when using Windows 10 (Pro):

I had the problem to get apache running (with starHTTP.bat), because port 80 was already in use by another process.

I followed this instruction: "

to free port 80.

After this apache started and the command window stayed open.

ellveez

• Like 1

Dear SIMON,

i need the same issues with dtosun and i've tried a lot but unfortunatelly i haven't able to solve the problem whatever i tried. 1 to 10 steps don't make a sense at all. TV shows "there's no update" and we can not see the TV model name automaticly in dump.txt file. Then, if i set it manually by using the pre-downladed .epk file and files in your "TV Series" folder, there's still the same: "there's no update".

Any advise, please? (thanks in advance)

TV tv model info's:

HE_DTV_W15U_AFADABAA

03_30_02_DE_GB_

UF850

Thanks Simon. I'm in Iran. F.Version is 3.03.55 and problem is "no update found". I changed the content of In-dump.txt file and found it not overrighted. So I think it have not the correct FW.Version.

Well guys, I think that the name of TVs you both is HE_DTV_W15U_AFADABAA and that's why name isn't overwritten in in_dump file.

I updated LgDTVupdater, so please try again to downgrade your firmware and let me know. If it fails, we will try to do it locally.

• Like 1

Well guys, I think that the name of TVs you both is HE_DTV_W15U_AFADABAA and that's why name isn't overwritten in in_dump file.

I updated LgDTVupdater, so please try again to downgrade your firmware and let me know. If it fails, we will try to do it locally.

Hello Simon,

I also have an LG 49UF8507 Turkish model which is currently on version 04.10.10 and I am trying to downgrade it to 03.13.85 using the HE_DTV_W15U_AFADABAA file you have shared. But when I followed your instructions on LgDTVupdater (i.e. changed the DNS entries on AcrylicHosts.txt and the DNS entry on my TV to my computer's IP address and ran the two .bat files) my TV doesn't find any updates. Also, there doesn't seem to be a problem in the communication between my computer and my TV (i.e. startDNS.bat creates log entries on the command window when I check for updates on my TV).

After this method failed, I also tried the local update method using the HE_DTV_W15U_AFADABAA file (I am sharing its contents below, where 192.168.2.131 is the IP address of my computer). I have downloaded "starfish-dvb-secured-lm15u-badlands-4552-03.13.85-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk" to the htdocs folder ran the .bat files and checked for updates on my TV but it once again couldn't find any updates.

I would really appreciate your help regarding this issue, I want to be able to downgrade my TV :) Thanks in advance for your interest and support.

Here is the HE_DTV_W15U_AFADABAA file I used for local update method:

<RESPONSE><RESULT_CD>900</RESULT_CD><MSG>Success</MSG><REQ_ID>00000000002722795050</REQ_ID><IMAGE_URL>

Jul 2015 10:32:32 GMT</GMT><ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO><CDN_URL>http://192.168.2.131:80/starfish-dvb-secured-lm15u-badlands-4552-03.13.85-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk</CDN_URL><CONTENTS></CONTENTS></RESPONSE>

Well guys, I think that the name of TVs you both is HE_DTV_W15U_AFADABAA and that's why name isn't overwritten in in_dump file.

I've tried your last update but still no changes in in_dump file. I perform the work by WiFi network.

- I set the area code for Russia as suggested by @mbabakj

- turned off windows 8.1 firewall (no antivirus soft.)

- checked for port 80 for apache.exe (also, AcrylicConsole.exe uses port 53)

- checked the gateaway if both pc and tv match (192.168.1.1)

Note:

Our Turkish UF8507 model number is different from Russia UF850V model. May this cause the problem? 

Hi Simon,

Firstly Thanks for your downgrade script i have had to modify it for my model tv: HE_DTV_W15A_AFADABAA. I have created a new answer file with the location to the epk downgrade. when i hit the update > install i get an error "Update failed due to decrypting data error".

I have tried the online CDNs and my own local copy's

Same error for each and or other versions

Model: 65UF850V-ZB

in_dump.txt

<REQUEST>
<PRODUCT_NM>webOSTV 2.0</PRODUCT_NM>
<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_W15A_AFADABAA</MODEL_NM>
<SW_TYPE>FIRMWARE</SW_TYPE>
<MAJOR_VER>02</MAJOR_VER>
<MINOR_VER>06.03</MINOR_VER>
<COUNTRY>GB</COUNTRY>
<DEVICE_ID>XXXX</DEVICE_ID>
<AUTH_FLAG>N</AUTH_FLAG>
<IGNORE_DISABLE>N</IGNORE_DISABLE>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<CONFIG_KEY>00</CONFIG_KEY>
<LANGUAGE_CODE>en-GB</LANGUAGE_CODE></REQUEST>

answer file: HE_DTV_W15A_AFADABAA

Posted October 19, 2015 - 04:57 PM

Gulfstream2000, on 11 Oct 2015 - 5:49 PM, said:snapback.png

changed gateway to match the dns address, this then allowed the process to work.

did you change the gateway on the TV to the IP address of your computer (just like the DNS on TV)?

On the TV, i set the GATEWAY AND THE DNS to match the IP address of the PC.

Simon,

The user, Man0072, was able to correct his firmware OTA with making a "pointer file" so he could send the right firmware after the downgrade changed his tv model. (see page 3 of this thread).

"""To answer my own questions  :), I was able to create an answer file and point the TV to a file that was server locally on my computer. It successfully upgraded to 04.41.39, wchich I got from the LG support site for my TV. Then I did an OTA update to 04.45.x and everything is back to stock. The model is HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAATAA again, which is the right one. Thanks for the great tool Simon!! It makes upgrades and downgrades a breeze."""

What does he mean by this? This is my exact scenario.

Im in the USA

model: 55LB7200

According to the In-Dump folder, my model would be HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAATAA

Perhaps you know how to change what Firmware gets sent to my tv? 

Any and all help is most appreciated. I hope I didn't ruin my tv :(

thanks in advance!

-dave

Hey desrosiers13 Dave,

1. Download 

and unpack it to C:\LgDTVUpDater\htdocs

2. Edit HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAABAA file in C:\LgDTVUpDater\htdocs

<RESPONSE><RESULT_CD>900</RESULT_CD>
<MSG>Success</MSG><REQ_ID>00000000002475918986</REQ_ID>
<IMAGE_URL>
<IMAGE_SIZE>657983572</IMAGE_SIZE>
<IMAGE_NAME>starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-32.arches-3230-04.41.30-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED_20141222.epk</IMAGE_NAME>
<IMAGE_CHECKSUM>0x1812e492</IMAGE_CHECKSUM>
<UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>04</UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>
<UPDATE_MINOR_VER>41.30</UPDATE_MINOR_VER>
<FORCE_FLAG>Y</FORCE_FLAG>
<KE></KE>
<GMT>1 Jun 2015 16:30:47 GMT</GMT>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<CDN_URL>
<CONTENTS></CONTENTS></RESPONSE>

a. Copy all and overwrite with HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAABAA file content

b. Change 192.168.0.11 with your local IP address

3. Run downgrade process follow my tutorial

4. If all goes well, remember to restore DNS settings on TV and then you can check for OTA updates if you want.

Good luck.  ;)