Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

SIMON

How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2015 at 3:17 AM, SIMON said:

LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [ MEGA | MediaFire ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your local IP address
5. Save and exit
6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila! 

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found here.

will it work on 47LA6200 model?

On 4.12.2017 at 0:20 PM, Kenito said:

I get the same message. According to forums and people around it is a block on 2017 oled that prevents you from installing older firmware. 

Has anyone here successfully downgraded a 2017 oled?

Any progress/success on downgrading a 2017 OLED?

10 hours ago, blenni said:

Any progress/success on downgrading a 2017 OLED?

No sorry. Have done alot of research but no luck yet. Maybe some smart individual will figure it out at some point.

Many thanks!

Only have a mac at home so ran up a free AWS windows instance and ran the initial update as described.

Updated to 3.3 -> 4.0 -> 5.0

From there was able to resolve my issue - Netflix wasn't working at all.

Installed fine.

Model : 55LB6500-TA

hi i have 40ub800v after downgrade and factory reset tv freeze after 15seconde after power on i find jtag connection in motherboard but i knew any flasher or how flash it who have idea or any solution thanks

On 2/11/2018 at 3:35 AM, Morad said:
hi i have 40ub800v after downgrade and factory reset tv freeze after 15seconde after power on i find jtag connection in motherboard but i knew any flasher or how flash it who have idea or any solution thanks

Hi

If the TV don't respond to any command using classic remote control or the TV button (maybe the smart Remote control are not paired anymore) and the resoft process was without errors or with no power cut until the process was ended, that looks like there is a hardware issue and you have to replace the flash IC :-(. I'm afraid you have to contact an authorized service for this :-(, they have an already written flash.

When was your last firmware upgrade?

Hi Simon

My Model is 49UB850T - DA
Location is Taiwan

current Version is 05.05.45

Problem is that, ever since it updated, its slow as ****, Even some function that used to be awsome are gone, the change input key on my remote won' t even work with the TV anymore, its been a headack, Please help me out and sort out ways to downgrade this TV, then i shall try updated each version by USB to test out which works the best with me.

Thank you so much for helping out!

Hello i'm new to this forum but i have been researching this topic heavily but i can not find and solution to flash my TV due to it failing due to a data decryption error i have a 55uh6030 model with 05.30.01

Hello Simon, hello  together,

I am not a native english speaker. Please forgive me for grammatical errors. 🙂

Have a 42LM640S with followed Problem: 

The SETTINGS will not works and if i push the HOME Button or MY APPS  Button or INPUT: with all Buttons will show on TV only on right Corner below a red circle with message : loading. But nothing will happen.

The TV has got the Firmware 4.62.12. The old Firmware from LG Homepage 4.40.19 will be denied. 

There ist also no chance to start the systemmenu like SETTINGS to try to reset or other. My only way to update or downgrade will works with USB or network.

I can watch  TV without errors, but all other functions are gone.

NOW my Question: how can i downgrade  under this Circumstances my  lovely TV? How can i fix it?

I hope for answer and that you understand me :-) . The LG support cant help me. 😞

@SIMON I checked your tutorial and everything looks good until point 9. Maybe do you have a solution for me?

Best regards send

Mebus