Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Alex

webOS 2.0 Information

You are fake.

1.Download lg server provider.

2.Set IP of personal computer where server was install. This is one config file.

3.Check file link for correct web link ROM.

4. Open LG network advance settings, set manually network interface. Then set only DNS IP address of your computer.

5. Go to update lg settings and check for update and install.

Do you need more info? I update my TV with 4.55 version. After aprile,2015 I will install web is 2.0 ROM.

• Like 1

Fake !

You are fake. If you have external IP I will install and set all option to easy connect and update all LG TV. This can be done on Linux too.

LG ROM provider server is standard appache web server. You must only set your DNS IP and then trigger update.

Server name is "LgDTVUpDater".

At current time not have any webOS 2 available on the market. After become I will update server for all lg TV users. Just change DNS and check update.

You are totally wrong.

You can reassembly ROM package and copy only software updates of program. Reassembly to see architecture layers. One layer is service,other hardware and software. Just need to get service and software layers from 2.0 then replace you old ROM. Last step is to archive and update. Done.

You are fake.

1.Download lg server provider.

2.Set IP of personal computer where server was install. This is one config file.

3.Check file link for correct web link ROM.

4. Open LG network advance settings, set manually network interface. Then set only DNS IP address of your computer.

5. Go to update lg settings and check for update and install.

Do you need more info? I update my TV with 4.55 version. After aprile,2015 I will install web is 2.0 ROM.

Your tips are very vague and confuse... I didn't understand nothing you said!

Enviado do meu XT1069

You are totally wrong.

You can reassembly ROM package and copy only software updates of program. Reassembly to see architecture layers. One layer is service,other hardware and software. Just need to get service and software layers from 2.0 then replace you old ROM. Last step is to archive and update. Done.

Stop speaking for nothing... you can create your custom rom by porting another rom, but what about the kernel ? maybe you can develop your own kernel from unknown source ? you're just a dreamer !

I bought my LG TV 1 month ago and i am very dissaponted. WebOs it's slow, lack a lot of basic features...

I don't want any workaround, I want a official support for my 650v Smart TV...

So just an idea, since LG will ignore us here almost for sure, why not making this even more public? Using a website like Reddit and share this information for new consumers?

A Bad advertisement will make LG change their mind almost for sure. So can anyone here with a English better than mine make a topic on Reddit and share it here, explaining everything for us to share in our social networks and boost this shame to everyone?

The best thing you can do to raise awareness is share the URL of this topic on other sites. Others will hop on the topic and it will help bring even more attention to it. LG watches facebook as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was so excited with LG WebOS however this news is very disappointing. This is the reason why we should focus on AppleTV or AndroidTV. Google and Apple  care about customers and their new operating systems are backward compatible in most cases.

• Like 1

I am not sure is this consider good news or bad news. My model is listed under 14'WebOS TV, but at the same time 15'WebOS TV includes my model. For example UB85xx in 15' and UB850T in 14'. Theoretically, xx includes 0T isn't it.... Finger cross. This app updates is preparing for WebOS 2.x.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.app1

From Sony Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know, but what I think it's better is making some reddit topic to raise awareness for new buyers and then in the same topic share this topic for those interested in following this information, probably only LG customers who feel betraited like me. Not only you'll raise a much better awarness about this as also it's a good way to promote your forum.

Since reddit it's public and followed by most brands, it's probably that LG will make some move. Now sharing this forum only on facebook and twitter the probabilities will be lower.

The best thing you can do to raise awareness is share the URL of this topic on other sites. Others will hop on the topic and it will help bring even more attention to it. LG watches facebook as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

While LG plans to roll out at least five new models of its OLED TVs in 2015, the world's largest TV maker, Samsung, said the company has no plans to make OLED TVs in the immediate future because company insists the technology is not yet ready for mass consumption.

http://m.eetasia.com/ART_8800710207_480700_NT_fd6363de.HTM

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

I just contacted LG Denmark Support today (April 14th, 2015) and they confirmed that none of the 2014 models, not even 49UB850V and 55UB850V, will get WebOS 2.0.

Luckily, I found this thread before I actually bought an LG television.  I've now chosen to go with a Samsung UE55HU7505 instead.  More pricey, but has 4 HDMI 2.0 ports and gets really good reviews with regard to upscaling non-UHD content to UHD content.  Something we'll all be needing a lot for the foreseeable future.

Cheers,

Archfrog

Erhm, just thought I'd correct my previous post a bit.  I will be buying an LG 55UB850V even though it only runs WebOS v1.x.  

The reason?  Well, it turns out that Panasonic and LG are the only ones that support Full RGB (4:4:4 chroma) at 4K/60Hz.  To make a long and very technical topic short: The Panasonic and LG TVs are the only one that can display colors properly at 4K/60Hz when coming from a new NVIDIA graphics card such as the GTX 970 and GTX 980.  And I want to use my new television for casual gaming with the GTX 980 once I find money to buy such a beast.

Just so you guys don't rush off and buy a Samsung or Sony 2014 model and then later become very disappointed because of the above.

Sounds very promising, BUT... yesterday I also get FINALLY an answer from someone on the developer's community forum (official LG Dev site) :

"Unfortunately final decision about webOS1.0 to webOS2.0 update is not defined yet. 
Which functionality from webOS2.0 is necessary for you?"

So wait & see...

Saint-Thomas

I contacted LG support two days ago and they wrote me that they will try find out information from LG tech department. They wrote me today. No full webOS 2.0 update for 2014 models, just webOs light which will improve speed response of OS. So will see.