Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!
Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!
OK. I have a 2018 LG Smart TV model OLED65C8PUA. The TV 'magically' recognizes and (badly) displays/ plays the 2gb of photos, videos and audio residing on my Western Digital 4TB My Passport external hard drive I have. The problem is the TV is the ONLY device that WILL RECONIZE THE DRV! 8 diffirent computers running from Vista to Win 10 have given me 'DRV (x) is not accessable'. At one time the drv was password protected and it worked fine. The exact password was lost so I tried a number of variations and was able to finally unlock the drv and remove the password using WD Utilities. It worked for a bit and I was able to copy out a few files using a Surface Pro/ Windows 10 but it stopped and now with that Surface Pro and the other windows machines I get `D is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect'. I even put it on a Samsung smart TV - none will read the drv, ONLY THE LG! The LG also displays the DRV'S volume label and content filenames as well.
I want to copy these files before the drive fails as the catch here is the LG seems to produce one or two "unrecognized files' every time I use it and some of these videos are one-of family heirlooms! I want to avoid another $300 data recovery bill if possible. And if the LG can read it one would think there is a way forward.
Any suggestions will be most appreciated!
OLED65B8 webOS browser won't accept password for Amazon.com account. Winows Chrome on desktop or Android phone both sign in normally.
I have several other account sign-ins that do the same thing -- work on desktop but not on TV. What's going on?
So LG has put webOS on TVs, projectors, and now cars with webos auto. Does anyone thing LG will ever produce a webos powered smartphone or tablet? I know samsung has tried with tizen and it was only with the palm pre 2 and touchpad from HP that we saw webos on these types of devices. Just curious on what everyone thingks. Here's what webos used to look like..
Similar Tagged Content
By neeraj chintala
my lg tv has a very good internet connection which is even capable of 4k but only plays the videos at 720p , need help!
I want to introduce myself by my first post here. Some time ago I bought LG 49UF7787 a nice 4k Smart TV from LG .
I'm quite enjoyed by the speed of UI and capabilities of the device but there are some lacks which I thought will be fixed after some time with coming updates. Now after two system updates and 3 months of usage (a model from 2016) there are still things to work on it.
1. Sometimes Magic pilot don't respond. Mostly when I'm not doing anything for some time (pilot is in power save I suppose asleep mode) and when I want e.g. change tv channel or turn the volume up it do not respond or it react with a 2-3 seconds lag. It occurs maybe by 10% of operations when it is power saving.
2. When I want to check program informations and I'm pushing INFO button there is 4 lines of text but 2 lines are the movie description and other two are the copy of previous ones.... (picture below)
3. There is no info about CAST and YEAR in the INFO description (for me the wasted 2 lines of copied movie description should be for that specs)
4. Using a LIST button generates a menu with programmes list - it is very nice but is is loading only those descriptions which you are looking at at the moment, when you scroll your list down it starts to load another piece of programmes - I think it should be done in background with some time intervals.
5. I have a cable TV from my ISP and I personalized my program list only to that ones are my favourites. The manager works fine and I just saved my new program list but after I suppose my ISP is changing its own program offer I'm getting the new stations which are empty because my tv plan do not support them.
E.g. I have only programmes from 1 to 50 but sometimes I get a new channels 383 and 537 or other (numbers are random but always exceed my own list and are empty)
Any recomendation what should I do to get rid of this disadvantages?
Do you have the same with yours WebOS 2.0?
Thanks to Ruud, one of our members, for posting about this article from CNET.
CNET is reporting as of yesterday that LG is planning to update all 2014 TV models to webOS 2.0. This would be a flip in direction from what they had announced earlier in the year. The articles states that the update will start rolling out mid year to all models. We'll have to wait and see!
The company has confirmed to CNET that its 2014 Web OS 1.0-equipped TVs, including sets like the 55EC9300 OLED, will be updated to version 2.0 of the operating system.
The update will happen sometime in the second half of 2015, and will be rolled out to every 2014 TV with Web OS, in every territory worldwide.
link hidden, please login to view