Quantcast

LG adds HBO Go to smart TVs

LG adds HBO Go to smart TVs

LG announced the addition of the HBO Go on-demand TV service to its smart TVs. HBO Go is available on LG TV's going back to 2012 models. LG said it's the first manufacturer to add HBO Go to its system. The HBO Go comes standard on the Premium Content menu, which is part of the webOS interface used on the most recent LG TVs. Users can also cast content from a smartphone or tablet to the LG TV.

Source:

link hidden, please login to view

• 1 month later...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just bought and setup a LG 43UF7600.  I installed the latest WebOS 2.0 and HBO Go on-demand TV service is still NOT listed in the Premium Content menu.  Where can I find and install this app?

Have an LG55uf8500 in southamerica (Peru) and still dont have HBOGO but changing location on the tv to Poland and Croatia i managed to install the apps from the Premium Apps and the only way to use th

I have just bought this webos 55lb65 tv, now with all these problems, good people what advice can you give me, to unpack and use this tv or take it back, I wanted a fhd smart 3d in the first place onl

I have just bought this webos 55lb65 tv, now with all these problems, good people what advice can you give me, to unpack and use this tv or take it back, I wanted a fhd smart 3d in the first place only when I got home only to find they've given me this webos thing, Good people advise me, keep it or send it back, I'm not familiar with technology, please tell me what to do, still unpacked

• Like 2
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Have an LG55uf8500 in southamerica (Peru) and still dont have HBOGO but changing location on the tv to Poland and Croatia i managed to install the apps from the Premium Apps and the only way to use them on my original location is using another DNS code in my network options, hope soon enough an app for south america arrives but the only new app this days is GooglePlay... like Bart simpsons says  BOOOOORINNGGG...!

wheres the LG webos support platform to make Complaints :)

• Like 3

I purchased a 65UF8500 back in April (or thereabouts), and have just recently tried to get HBO Go on there, to no avail.  It's not in the LG Store, I tried going through the web to do it, again unsuccessfully, and I've called LG twice about this, the first time the lady wasn't sure what I was talking about, the second time the guy confirmed that there's no way to get it on an LG smart TV, and that there's never been a way...despite the press announcements made in December of 2014 that it was now available for all LG smart TV going back to 2012 models.  I don't know if LG and HBO had a falling out, or if they decided to make it so TV's manufactured after the press release didn't have the feature, or what, but I'm a little pissed that my Samsung which cost 2/3 what my LG cost was able to get it set up in under three minutes.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, Skye Creech said:

ALEX,

Why can't we get the app? Why must we go through Amazon?

Because HBO has not developed an app for webOS from what I understand.  Going through Amazon was just a workaround as an option for some. 

HBO is also available on Amazon Channels now.

• 3 weeks later...

The provided information shows that LG did not do what they said.  At least 4 different recent releases of LG smart TVS lack HBO go. 

Adding insult to injury. ALex the only "advanced member"  which began this thread with stating HBOGO was added 

then puts in a sales line for the channels, encouraging me to pay for HBO twice once with cable (hence why I want HBO GO) and again with

an amazon channel or someone elses paid service.  

Just silly. 

LG is behind the curve on this.

19 minutes ago, Timothy Sorenson said:

The provided information shows that LG did not do what they said.  At least 4 different recent releases of LG smart TVS lack HBO go. 

Adding insult to injury. ALex the only "advanced member"  which began this thread with stating HBOGO was added 

then puts in a sales line for the channels, encouraging me to pay for HBO twice once with cable (hence why I want HBO GO) and again with

an amazon channel or someone elses paid service.  

Just silly. 

LG is behind the curve on this.

This topic was started in 2014 when an article came out that HBOGO was added. I agree that Lg may have misled users. I was simply stating that Amazon may be an alternate solution to watch HBO as sling may be as well. I will close this topic to not cause anyone else to be misled. 

Please start a new topic if you have HBO questions or use the search bar to find other existing topic regarding HBO.

This topic is now closed to further replies.