Quantcast

Ajay

Question

Hi guys, i recently bought the  Lg 42LB650V and yesterday it automatically updated, and i have a problem, when i am using a app for log time, like watching video on youtube, after a while it say's me something like "Out of Memory, app closed". Please help me what can i do. It displayed this error before the update but never in the youtube app, only when browsing. and i have another problem, when i am watching a video on the web browser, after 10-15 minutes, it displays the same out of memory error, and i watched the same video on my friend's lg smart tv that hasn't got webOs, has got the old Lg smart tv OS, cinema 3d , and i watched the complete video without any error, and did lot of other stuff and didn't got the out of memory error. I bought this LG thinking that it's a new model so it will not have problems, if i can watch in the old TV, why not in the new TV. Please help me, i am very worried because i will have to change the TV because of the same error that i got in my Sony Smart TV that i returned to the store. HEEEEELP Please. :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

• Like 4

BTW, although my download speed measured via PC is 8.8 Mb/s, the speed measured via LB650V is only slightly above 1.0 Mb/s. Can anybody confirm this as 'normal'?

I measured the speed here:

link hidden, please login to view

(Manual Test Size --> 50 MB, took about 360 s)

Manual Test Size 200MB - Out of Memory...  :lol:

Test Download Speed - 20Mbps LG / 40Mbit Laptop/PC. But this test is very unstable compared with Speedtest.net.

Manual Test Size 200MB - Out of Memory...  :lol:

Test Download Speed - 20Mbps LG / 40Mbit Laptop/PC. But this test is very unstable compared with Speedtest.net.

I have accounts on both speedtest.net&testmy.net and the results (up, down, PING) are always exactly the same (I always run both measurements one after another). However, since speedtest.net test is very short (downloads only about 15 MB), testmy.net with bigger chunks gives more accurate average speed. It besides gives the control over the size of the test chunk and displays more info (TID graph).

I have meanwhile connected the TV thru the LAN cable and the speed was exactly as measured via PC. My wireless LAN speed seems to be for some reason limited to 1.00 Mb/s (my modem is in bridge mode and I am using Internet Connection Sharing to enable internet access to the TV). I can see 1000s of people have the same problem (Google: wlan only 1mbps) so it is not related to the LG.

Hey I have had same problem not long after buying new tv. I have been on LG case for a while, their standard answer was never had that problem, but eventually after all of updates and resets they said to take it to local repair shop and technical department is recommended to replace motherboard. That has been done about 10 months ago and touch wood I haven't had out of memory fault. So my advice is if under warranty just keep in touch with LG and don't give up. I'm located in New Zealand and I have communicated with them via their nz Facebook account. Hope this helps.

On 03.12.2015. at 8:22 AM, Dejan Fehirov said:

Everything is fine with LG...I think you have problems with router, or internet itself..

my internet plan is 10/1

No, everything is OK with both the router and internet (tried several routers). After many tests I discovered the problem occurs if and only if the LG TV is the only device in the network connected through wifi.

If there is at least one more device connected through wifi then there is no problem with dropping wireless speed to exactly 1.00 Mb/s. That means, if there is a laptop or a mobile phone connected to internet through wifi then even LG TV's wifi works at full speed. But after disconnecting all other devices or in the case when there is no other wifi device in the network - then LG TV's wifi speed drops to exactly 1.00 Mb/s and stays at that value until some other wifi device establishes a connection.

In the meantime I started having problems with DLNA. Everything worked without problems for more than a year, both Serviio and LG Smart Share programs worked just fine. But since a few weeks ago the TV joins DLNA network very rarely. Sometimes LG Smart Share program can see the TV but the TV doesn't see the PC. In that case I can start the movie from the PC with Play to... even when there is no LG Smart Share icon in the TV's Smart Share menu. Sometimes Serviio icon appears in Smart Share menu after 10 or more restarts of Serviio service and then I can watch a full movie but that is very annoying. I've tried all firewall/UPnP/port 'tricks' but still the same.

fw   : 05.05.01
webOS: 1.4.0-2525(afro-ashley)

Just brought a 55UH661V and I'm having the same issue. After using YouTube for about 10/15 mins I get the out of memory issue.  Going to try reinstalling the app and hope I can avoid the reset, as I've just spent hours getting it set up!

With LG life is bitch.

I own Japanese appliances and they last so looong. After my 14.5 years old Sanyo washing mc brokedown, I bought an LG 9.5kg machine but after 3-4 mths, the controller suddenly went heywire. After restart, ok. Then after 14.8 years Electrolux fridge broke down, I bought LG biggest capacity top freezer type. Those 2 brokedowns were bought when I shifted to this new house.

The new LG fridge is a nightmare! As I am an engineer so I took my fluke meter and measured the top freezer. At medium setting, the temperatures swings from 0 to 15 Celcius! How can an inverter compressor has so much differences? A conventional compressor only have +/- 2 celcius. I complaint to LG but they keep saying good and safe.

The washing mc controller sometimes will heywire 1-2 times in a month. I only use it once in every 8-10 days because 2 person only. This washing mc will sometimes shake and walk off when spinning when the safety switch not working. Sometimes it will keep refill and rinse again nonstop if it detects shaking too much. This refill and rinse again will go on forever more than 6 cycles until I stop it! At 2 years old, the reed switch for sensing the magnetic top cover brokedown and I cannot use it. LG told me on the phone that I must buy controller USD$150 if I fix myself. I checked and bypass that reed switch, $0 cost! because I have a wire to bypass and tools.

Recently, a friend gave me a 1.5 year old LG bluray player which she said only slowdown when play dvd. The rest functions she do not use. After tested, the bluray had lockdown prevent download. They only let you download from LG and you pay. The apps are so limited and not user friendly, worse than any tv box or tiny pc. Even my mobile phone has better functions, apps, speed and more user friendly. When play LG browser drama, it is jerking slow on 720p. 480p sometimes will hang and sometimes out of memory error. There is nothing inside and factory reset same problems. I updated the firmware and still same. I opened up and saw 3 memory rams with 2GB + 2GB + 1GB! So at least 1 or 2GB is for graphics and another 3 or 4GB are system memory. So memory are more than enough for Linux system. I suspect the whole problem is bad memory quality because LG has bad QCs, bad services, bad designs,... They only have good marketing gimmicks.

A colleague who had bought LG phone last year had traded in to Samsung after using 3 months. He said worse phone he had bought and seen.

I will not buy LG anymore even if it is 50% cheaper. Its a nightmare and quality same as second or third hand products.

Hi
Can you help me?! I am from Azerbaijan.I have LG Tv 43LF631V.And in my Tv don't work Lg content store.I didn't enter any apps.I try to reset my tv from the settings menu.But don't change any.I know to enter service menu (EZ adjust) whit a smartphone.But I don't know codes( area, country, tools)in the service menu.If you know codes, send me, please

I had the LG 42LA620V for a few years, and have now had the 42LB650V for about 2 years. No matter which OS/software version, you'll get Out of Memory errors. Occasionally I'll reset to factory settings to see if more stable than latest Software Update but generally you're better keeping latest version.

The memory errors occur in iPlayer, YouTube, and pretty much anything in the WebOS/Smart menu options. Some days the apps are unusable. Recent examples that come to mind; Last week YouTube crashed about 15 times in one day, and today iPlayer crashed 5 times in a short period before I gave in trying.

I have fast home networks, using wired connection rather than WiFi, and in terms of internet on a reliable "75Mb/s" connection.

I like the LG TVs function and design, but having spent years with Out of Memory errors, will not be buying LG for my next TV.

Note that this is purely my own experience and opinion. Other people no doubt have different experiences and opinions. I'm simply sharing my experience to empathise with everyone still having this problem.

2 Weeks ago bought 43UJ6517 LGTV. Yesterday wanted to finish watching film by internet and after 1 minute of starting playing " NOT ENOUGH MEMORY" appeared :(

Advise from LG Center: delete cache from browser, use installed apps like netflix and etc. I'll check if it helps. 

P.S. If I just new that before byuing :)

The problem has not been fixed. Despite taking latest software updates, resetting to factory settings then updating again, the memory errors still occur.

I've had my LG TV replaced twice (and updated to latest model each time) in the past 5 years  and still get out of memory errors. 

In regular contact with LG and various support agents, and advice to 'make sure you have latest software" hasn't changed over past 5 years, but still hasn't fixed the problem.

**This post was triggered by notication of a new post by Dan C - advising of same/similar experience **

I have recently bought the 55UJ670V MODEL and updated to the latest software and the problem is still there.

I spoke to LG support UK who advised me to press and hold the reset button to to clear memory and that will clear the problem, I said I have already done it tell me of some other fix and she hung up the phone!

• Like 2

Just got off the phone to lg support. I was told the web browser shuts down when attempting to stream video ON PURPOSE! Furthermore, once you stream anything from the internet, the cache fills up, does not clear, and prevents the installed apps from functioning properly.  I was told that the OS is a web browser NOT a web streaming service and if they allow customers access to stream video they will be in breach of their contractual agreement to the companies who have apps on the TV. This clearly doesn't happen on tablets or phones, so their logic for creating a sub par product is utter bollocks. I specifically asked the salesman if I could stream video from the internet and was told absolutely yes. When I pointed this out to Lg customer service they re-iterated that a web browser does not confer the ability to stream video. This is misleading the customer, and effectively censoring and filtering internet content.  This must stop! 

I got same issue.. Out of memory. When 1st day i brought my tv, no problem when i streamed movie, its work just fine, after day 2, it always crashed and say out of memory...

I found solution on internet, to clear all recent open apps, by push home button on remote to show all apps, And click "recent apps" by hovering the pointer on below area of icon, and click it...then it will show you all recent apps... And close it all the recent open apps by hovering pointer on upper area of the apps icon till you see "x" sign and click x sign to close the apps..

And streaming will work fine and smooth..

It works on me, my tv is ultra hd webos 3.x

I hope this will help you too.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:23 AM, Blueear said:

I had the problem for 5 years with 2 separate Tv's. It is any Smart App like iPlayer or YouTube. The problem is that the memory cache is not managed/cleared properly. Thus the only LG advice is turn off TV for a while then turn it on again.

I have an external HD D for recording and playing programmes which works  fine, but definitely had not resolved the Out of Memory errors

I have now spoken to the retailer I purchase it from as it's still under Warrantee, and got them to admit that as LG cant fix the known error, and as i have proof (video of the error appearing multiple times on multiple occasional,),  that the TV is not Fit for Purpose; from the Sale of Goods act. The Smart TV functionality keeps failing with the out of memory error, so TV is not providing promised functionality. Using this argument I am getting a refund for the TV and will never buy an LG TV again.

If under warranty, suggest trying the same approach.

Really happy to hear that you got this result. We bought an LG 65 inch TV about 5 weeks ago and we have had this problem pretty much from day one. We contacted the shop, they say that they have never heard of this problem and no other customer has had this problem. Got the same old nonsense about turning it off or doing a factory reset, nothing worked. They told us that they would test the same model in their shop and see if they have the same problem, then they told us that they don't have this problem. So basically we are stuck with a TV that does not work. Now we know that it is a hardware problem not a firmware or software problem. Not one word from LG about this problem. Its shocking that they can get away with selling a ton of TV's that basically dont work. I will never buy another LG product in my life and I would advise everybody that I know to do the same.

If the shop staff can't replicate it, it doesnt mean much as is an intermittent problem, though can become pretty much constant. 

Suggest taking videos of the issue like I did - its a pain to record the TV each time ypu use the Smartphones functions, but it will give you evidence to show shop and threaten court if required.

Good luck !!  

26 minutes ago, Blueear said:

If the shop staff can't replicate it, it doesnt mean much as is an intermittent problem, though can become pretty much constant. 

Suggest taking videos of the issue like I did - its a pain to record the TV each time ypu use the Smartphones functions, but it will give you evidence to show shop and threaten court if required.

Good luck !!  

Too be honest, we only have the shops word that they actually did test, we were not there to see them do the test. The technician that they sent out to look at the TV told us that he does not have a clue what is going on with the TV, he recommended a factory restore, when that did not work, he recommended changing the mother board, even though he admitted that this wont help. Not sure if you will void our warranty though?

At this point we are just going along with it, so that we can go back to the shop and say that nothing has worked. I was really happy when we bought this TV, then a few days later I realised how useless LG TV's and WebOs is, not even sure why they call these TV's smart? 

Ok, I know this is a really old thread.. but I bought the LG uj635v 55” last week, sticker on the back says it was manufactured MARCH 2018 (literally weeks old) now all I use it for is ‘cbeebies’ yes the kids like it, and 1-5 channels, and a console! No apps nothing literally just tv and console! And every 30 seconds it restarts due to low memory, I spoke with LG and there ‘fix is turn it off by remote, unplug it, and press power button for 30 seconds.. it worked fine for 3 days! Then started low memory crashing again.. according to the person I spoke to he said there’s not much memory in the tv anyway! And I shouldn’t be having the fault for just tv and gaming! Told me to log it and ring back Monday, what, when, and often it does it.. but it’s pissed me off that I spent £500+ to unplug it every 3 days and drain power! I asked if I could use a usb or something to make it think it’s a memory bank, he said it’s not possible to add a form of memory! I just want something to fix it lol

I have a TV bought in end of 2016(55UH750V) and it says WEBOS 3.0
And i have been getting this memory low shut down issue on the browser for past 5 months.

EVen have updated the software and also reset factory setting, still no use.
Same problem again.,

Seems like LG didnt work on this at all.
Senjainge nall.

I bought the 65uj632t  with WebOs 3.5 last April and had the lack of memory issues about a week after purchase. The app closes about every hour of streaming videos through the web browser, but never yet with YouTube. Even after erasing the cookies and browsing history, still the app closes. Also, sometimes the tv unit itself restarts, despite having the 100-240 volt range, while plugged into 120volt socket.

I have  other LG appliances - 2 non-smart TV sets, a pc monitor, a fully automatic washing machine, and this is the first time I have been really really disappointed with LG.

LG, you better fix this bug ASAP, or you'll be losing more and more loyal and prospective customers.

13 hours ago, Mousta said:

Unplug tv for 60 seconds worked for me  

done for me

Good to hear that you got a good result. If you are talking about unplugging the TV from the wall socket, i can not possibly see how that can change anything.

If you are talking about turning off the TV to clear the cache, i have tried Closing down the TV because it is one of the many work arounds that i have heard other people mention. This is also something that LG say that you need to do to clear the cache. But the real problem is the amount of onboard memory, its tiny.