Quantcast

Ajay

Question

Hi guys, i recently bought the  Lg 42LB650V and yesterday it automatically updated, and i have a problem, when i am using a app for log time, like watching video on youtube, after a while it say's me something like "Out of Memory, app closed". Please help me what can i do. It displayed this error before the update but never in the youtube app, only when browsing. and i have another problem, when i am watching a video on the web browser, after 10-15 minutes, it displays the same out of memory error, and i watched the same video on my friend's lg smart tv that hasn't got webOs, has got the old Lg smart tv OS, cinema 3d , and i watched the complete video without any error, and did lot of other stuff and didn't got the out of memory error. I bought this LG thinking that it's a new model so it will not have problems, if i can watch in the old TV, why not in the new TV. Please help me, i am very worried because i will have to change the TV because of the same error that i got in my Sony Smart TV that i returned to the store. HEEEEELP Please. :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

• Like 4

When can we expect update? After reading Blueear's post I assume the LG is working on the update.

The report says that the TV series LB630 above will be updated WebOS 2.0 on the border of June / July. But be careful! There will probably upgrade to the full version 2.0, but a partial update, so instead let's call "a bit like WebOS 2.0 Lite". However, your operating system is also said to significantly accelerate and part should come your TV as well as new, resp. modified user interface. 

link hidden, please login to view

Today, sudenly I had the same error every 2 minutes on my 42LB650V.

I now watch a movie for 2 hours via SmartShare and no error appeared yet.

Here is what I did:

- while the TV was running

- I unplugged the power cord directly from TV

- after a few seconds put back in

- started the TV

Hope it will help you too.

A little?  The dude makes it seem like that's 'the" fix and he's OK with it.  Let's face it guys.  You are not getting web OS 2.0, You are not getting any other updates to improve the crap performance that currently exists.  This is what you have to deal with when you purchase LG products.  I hate to say this, but they are a foreign company and the support models outside of the United States just plain suck.  

• Like 1

A little?  The dude makes it seem like that's 'the" fix and he's OK with it.  Let's face it guys.  You are not getting web OS 2.0, You are not getting any other updates to improve the crap performance that currently exists.  This is what you have to deal with when you purchase LG products.  I hate to say this, but they are a foreign company and the support models outside of the United States just plain suck.  

Realy dude ??

Our company (by the way situated in Europe and I'm the IT manager) work only with HP brand (PC, laptop, printer, etc.) which is from USA and licensed OS Microsoft also from USA, but from time to  time PCs get freeze and only a hard reset would help. That's exactly what I did with my TV. I'll test a few days more, just to be sure.

Face it, shit happens.

One of the users from this forum received an answer from LG. I think you should try to send an e-mail too.

Our authorized HP reseller told me that lately there are more and more HP devices with factory faults. By mistake we received too, several such foulty devices.

Today, sudenly I had the same error every 2 minutes on my 42LB650V.

I now watch a movie for 2 hours via SmartShare and no error appeared yet.

Here is what I did:

- while the TV was running

- I unplugged the power cord directly from TV

- after a few seconds put back in

- started the TV

Hope it will help you too.

OMG! Please don't do this...  :D

• Like 1

title1.jpg

Глубокоуважаемый Виктор,
Благодарим Вас за обращение в службу технической поддержки компании LG Electronics!

Разрешите, пожалуйста, ответить Вам на русском языке.

Мы уже были уведомлены об ошибке «недостаточно памяти» и более того, она уже была исправлена в новом обновлении 04.45.04. К сожалению, эта прошивка еще не была выложена на сервер обновления, поэтому произвести обновление ПО можно будет только через USB накопитель.

Для обновления ПО перейдите, пожалуйста по ссылке ниже, затем выберите вкладку «Обновление ПО» и загрузите файл Software_File(Version_04.45.04).zip.

link hidden, please login to view

Для обновления потребуется: Флеш-карта объемом до 32 гигабайт, отформатированная в формате fat32. На этой карте создаете папку LG_DTV и записываете в нее тот файл, который распакуете из zip-архива. После этого вставляете флеш-карту в телевизор и он автоматически предложит обновиться. Чтобы все последние обновления вступили в силу, необходимо выполнить сброс настроек телевизора. Для этого необходимо открыть Настройки - Общие - Сброс настроек до заводских.

Мы Вам были бы благодарны, если Вы сообщите нам о результате. Для ответа Вы можете нажать на кнопку "Если у Вас остались вопросы, перейдите по ссылке" немного ниже.

Спасибо

С искренним уважением,
Технический специалист,
Центр Информационной Поддержки
LG Electronics
www.lg.com
Бесплатный телефон поддержки
8-800-200-76-76 (Россия),
8-820-0071-1111 (Белоруссия).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Дата запроса : 22.04.2015 10:57 26
Тип запроса : Product Operation
Продукт/ Модель : LCD TV ( 33" and over )/42LB650V

Hi. A few days ago I got an error on my LG TV.
While I was watching some video via SmartShare, an error "Out of memory" appeared.
Reloaded the app, and after several minutes, the same crash.
Restared the TV, the same happened.

Please help with this error, as it appears to many customers around the world.

Don't dissapoint us.

Thank you.

I got the answer from LG UK

" Thank you for your query regarding your 42LB650V and  thank you for choosing LG.

I have read your email and looked into this for you.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Please unplug the TV from the plug to clear the RAM.  There is an update that is being rolled out for this issue and if you allow automatic updates and manually check this will get the software up to date and fix this problem quickly for yourself.

Thank you in advance."

I got the answer from LG UK

" Thank you for your query regarding your 42LB650V and  thank you for choosing LG.

I have read your email and looked into this for you.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Please unplug the TV from the plug to clear the RAM.  There is an update that is being rolled out for this issue and if you allow automatic updates and manually check this will get the software up to date and fix this problem quickly for yourself.

Thank you in advance."

You must be blind or stubborn enough not reading my previous post with an e-mail, where Support from LG answered me in the same day.

And most important, they gave me the new firmware link and detailed instructions how to manually update.

All errors are now history.

Dear Moderator, please announce this thread as solved, so that others who search google, would know the solution.

Thank you.

You must be blind or stubborn enough not reading my previous post with an e-mail, where Support from LG answered me in the same day.

And most important, they gave me the new firmware link and detailed instructions how to manually update.

All errors are now history.

Dear Moderator, please announce this thread as solved, so that others who search google, would know the solution.

Thank you.

Please read all messages in this topic! Unfortunatelly, problem with "out of memory. app is closed" is just renamed to "this app will close to free up more memory" so, NOT SOLVED! After a while this message will appear and solution is to reboot TV set..  :blink:  :unsure:

• Like 1

Please read all messages in this topic! Unfortunatelly, problem with "out of memory. app is closed" is just renamed to "this app will close to free up more memory" so, NOT SOLVED! After a while this message will appear and solution is to reboot TV set..  :blink:  :unsure:

I have tested the new firmware Version_04.45.04 on my LB650V since I posted here in the forum the answer from support.

No errors appeared.

If anyone have problems with the new version, please write it here.

Otherwise Moderators have the right and obligation to announce the solution on this thread.

im just repeating myself: GET A NEW ROUTER! It solved 99% "out of memory" problems! Seriously.

I used to get the "out of memory" probably 10-20 times a day using SmartShare. And now after getting new router i got the error only 3 times during 2 months after (3-4hrs) long hours of youtube when switched to SmartShare. 

GET A NEW ROUTER and 'out of memory. app is closed' problem is SOLVED. LG TVs dont communicate well with older routers, and that is fine.

• Like 2

Hi everyone, i was a bit busy these days but now i am back, i would like to inform you that if you install a new update, the first time you use there will be no errors and you can use apps, watch movies on the browser,etc. But when you turn off the TV and try it the second time, it will start giving you errors. It's LG guys, crazy logic, but i have found a real solution, a little trick to get rid of the out of memory error, soon i will post it, be patient, yes, our dream will come true, no out of memory error. But remember that it's a temporary solution. Thanks, pleased to help you.

I have tested the new firmware Version_04.45.04 on my LB650V since I posted here in the forum the answer from support.

No errors appeared.

If anyone have problems with the new version, please write it here.

Otherwise Moderators have the right and obligation to announce the solution on this thread.

I have described in details the circumstances under which the error "out of memory. app is closed" and now from new firmware 4.45.04 renamed "this app will close to free up more memory" occurs HERE

Who does not use the smart option will have no problems with memory!!!

im just repeating myself: GET A NEW ROUTER! It solved 99% "out of memory" problems! Seriously.

I used to get the "out of memory" probably 10-20 times a day using SmartShare. And now after getting new router i got the error only 3 times during 2 months after (3-4hrs) long hours of youtube when switched to SmartShare. 

GET A NEW ROUTER and 'out of memory. app is closed' problem is SOLVED. LG TVs dont communicate well with older routers, and that is fine.

It think this is not a problem with the routers. I experimented with 3 routers (HG520c, HG531V1, Linksys-Cisco WAG160N) and with each appears this annoying bug.. Especially getting on my nerves it is now that stupid message renamed!!!

• Like 1

Really? So I switched to OLD router on purpose, and got "out of memory" problem in 10 minutes using SmartShare.
Dejan, the models routers you tried are all ~5y old. I would suggest trying with a new one. Maybe that would help.

And btw, i am running 4.41.32 firmware, not the newest one.

I have described in details the circumstances under which the error "out of memory. app is closed" and now from new firmware 4.45.04 renamed "this app will close to free up more memory" occurs HERE

Who does not use the smart option will have no problems with memory!!!

Ok, now you mentioned that you have the latest firmware installed on your TV set.

If so, please send an e-mail to LG support.

Me instead, I'm a bit more lucky. No errors appeared. And BTW, I use SmartShare  service quite often. Besides Smart Share, I use an app to watch IPTV, called SSIPTV. Before the update, I was getting "Out of memory" error, every 2 minutes. Solution with unplugging the power cord from TV, helped only for 1-2 hours of watching without errors.

I don't have cable TV, so I use only Smart option.

Hi everyone, i was a bit busy these days but now i am back, i would like to inform you that if you install a new update, the first time you use there will be no errors and you can use apps, watch movies on the browser,etc. But when you turn off the TV and try it the second time, it will start giving you errors. It's LG guys, crazy logic, but i have found a real solution, a little trick to get rid of the out of memory error, soon i will post it, be patient, yes, our dream will come true, no out of memory error. But remember that it's a temporary solution. Thanks, pleased to help you.

I have a TP-LINK WR1042ND running with one of the most advanced Operating Systems for routers, called DD-WRT. So I don't think either that the router is causing the error.

Software_File(Version_04.45.04) is out for 42LB650V, has anyone try it?

Edit: Same problems, working slow, quick setting opens fast but then whatever you choose it is slow just as before, everything is rubbish.

The error is gone, at least on my set. This thread is about "Out of memory", not the speed of menu browsing. You should have take it back to the store if you didn't like the speed.

There's a hope on a new OS version coming up.

Make sure you have strong network connection. I changed my network configuration and It never occur again

It's a real problem that LG are aware of, here is the email that they sent me...

Thank you for your email.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in response to your email. We have had an incredibly high volume of emails and we are working through them as quickly as we possibly can.

I am sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing with your 42LB650V. I would like to troubleshoot this issue for you.

We are aware of this issue and we are working on a firmware patch to fix this as we speak. 

• Like 1

Pincho I got the similar reply along that they wrote, while I am waiting for patch I should unplug TV power cable and wait for a few minutes. I think that said It all, LG does not have a clue what is causing the problem, not to mention how to fix it. It has passed to much time already waiting for patch to fix that.

I have the same challenge.  It's directly related to Simplink being on.  I also have a Pioneer receiver.  LG's updates across the board are horrendous.  But let's be honest here guys, they are not an American company.  They don't have American support or values, customer service wise.  I do like their products but have come to accept the fact that their support is godawful.  Apple would never allow this to happen.