Quantcast

Is my television broken?

BananaBender

Question

I have a 42LB650V purchased in the last 6 weeks. After about an hour of use the television becomes completely unresponsive. A change in volume takes about 10 seconds to register. Changing channel takes 5-10 seconds to respond. Switching between inputs can take up to 30 seconds. The settings page can take up to 30 seconds to respond too. It becomes almost impossible to page through the guide. 

Is this normal, are other folks experiencing this? I'm sure this shouldn't be happening. 

I got a firmware update at the end of October and that has not made much difference. 

From a software perspective, it feels like a memory leak and the resulting poor performance is the OS itself trying to survive the resulting memory pressure. 

Any guidance is most welcome.

I got this update since some weeks on my 47LB650V, but didn't realize the better performance, cause I'm using as well a raspberry pi, so not too much the smart part of the tv.

I re enabled simplink and now I declare my self as a happy customer, works like a charm, tv is very responsive.

I recommend going for this update.

• Like 1

I got this update since some weeks on my 47LB650V, but didn't realize the better performance, cause I'm using as well a raspberry pi, so not too much the smart part of the tv.

I re enabled simplink and now I declare my self as a happy customer, works like a charm, tv is very responsive.

I recommend going for this update.

Same here, I was used to the super quick response on my old LG 47 in 550T. 

I see that LG are going to release a complete update for our TVs soon; A sort of 80% WebOS 2.0 see 

link hidden, please login to view

im just repeating myself: GET A NEW ROUTER! It solved 99% "out of memory" problems! Seriously.

I used to get the "out of memory" probably 10-20 times a day using SmartShare. And now after getting new router i got the error only 3 times during 2 months after (3-4hrs) long hours of youtube when switched to SmartShare. 

GET A NEW ROUTER and 'out of memory. app is closed' problem is SOLVED. LG TVs dont communicate well with older routers, and that is fine.

Hi
Can you help me?! I am from Azerbaijan.I have LG Tv 43LF631V.And in my Tv don't work Lg content store.I didn't enter any apps.I try to reset my tv from the settings menu.But don't change any.I know to enter service menu (EZ adjust) whit a smartphone.But I don't know codes( area, country, tools)in the service menu.If you know codes, send me, please

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bob17821
      The Wi-Fi module in my LG TV, roughly 5 or six years old, (WebOS UJ6300) is apparently broken.  I am looking for a solution cheaper and maybe more interesting than having the TV repaired.  There are devices which will pick up Wi-Fi, convert it to ethernet, and deliver it to the male  part of an ethernet port.  In the past I have used such a device to provide Wi-Fi support to a desktop computer which did not have Wi-Fi support but did have an ethernet port.  I forget the particulars, but it did work just fine. But a smart TV with Web 0S is not a desktop or laptop computer.  My concern is how to provide the SSID and password to the device.  My vague recollection is that such a device in a laptop or desktop computer can trigger a dialogue which requests the SSID and password.  But will web OS provide such a dialogue?  If I recall correctly, wired ethernet connections do not require SSIDs or passwords.

Thanks,  Bob
    • By Darcy McPhee
      Hi,
      If you are going to sell televisions in Canada then your syustem should have access to the hockey app like SportsNet; this is rediculous!
    • By Gecko64
      Hello, the wifi of my smart TV is broken since the last update.
      The remote control from my phone too when i use an opérational ethernet connection.

Tried : 
      Full setting reset
      Reboot
      Power reset

Observed :
      After the power reset and unplugged during at least 10 min, the WiFi networks was at new listed but impossible to connect, it says WiFi network not found.
      After a new power off, the searching of wifi networks didn't end without result.
      The remote control also lag a lot each 10 seconds and during 3 or 4 seconds.

TV Informations :
      Model : 49SJ800V-ZB
      Devide Name : [LG] webOS TV SJ800V
      Serial Number : 711MAVDM8903
      webOS TV Version : 3.9.0-62709 (dreadlocks2-dudhwa)
      MAC  Wired : 38:8C:50:F3:2B:5D
      MAC Wireless : 7C:1C:4E:A0:E8:C7 
      ESN : LGTV20171=11002626448
      VSN : 5DBF066A
      Widevine : LGTV17CLGE005126094

Question :
      Is there a way to downgrade by putting the firmware on a USB Key with a FAT 32 filesystem on to be sure it could be read by the TV ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• By grabber5.0
      Tried to launch the Amazon Music app on my TV this morning and got this error. This just looks like an expired certificate error, but the app is 1.0.0 and hasn't been updated since release in 2020, so I suspect it's not supported anymore anyway. Anyone have it working on perhaps a newer TV? This one's two or three years old.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• By Сергей
      Edit: well, had to reset defaults, fixed after that. 
      Hello. in recent days I've updated my LG OLED65CXRLA to 03.23.35 firmware, after that HDR won't work at all.
      I own this tv since February, and never had any issues with it, and for the first time I've encountered problem and serious one at that,
      Before said update HDR worked without any issues from any source - PC, PS4/Xbox, TV's apps like YouTube and Plex. After update HDR doesn't work from any of said source. 
      How it happens: when I launch any HDR content, tv blicks, in upper right corner appears HDR notice, but picture becomes very dark. It's the same as if for example you try to run any YouTube's HDR clip on display without HDR support.