Quantcast

Flash player in internet browser

polp6880

Question

Hello,

I've recently purchased an LG Smart TV and I'm loving it and webOS in general.

One question I have though is that when using the internet browser, many sites do not recognize the browser user agent for the smart TV so you end up seeing errors like "You need flash player", etc. Is there any possibility, inside the web browser to force a user agent string change (to something like iPad for example) so that these tablet/mobile friendly sites are also able to load well and play content within the TVs in built browser without asking for adobe's flash?

I would be happy to help having something like this implemented as I'm sure many TV users will love this now that all of the most popular TV stations have catch up and on demand content on their websites.

Thanks!

• Like 4

For me this whole smartshare/flashp[ayer/screenshare b.s. is just a huge disappointment.  I've spent the better of a week trying to set this all up, and all I can get to work is smartshare using downloaded lg software to my computer.  Forget screenshare, that doeesn't work at all.

Frankly I was shocked when I learned it was not possible to download flashplayer to this set! The way this set was advertised they made it sound like you can STREAM LIVE shows from home computer to tv WIRELESLY.  The fact is that you can't unless you use windows 10 and a hdmi cable from computer to tv.  I had hoped to watch hbogo wirelesly with my new 49uf6430.

WIRELESSLY.................... LIKE IT IMPLIES IN LG'S PRODUCT DESCRIPTION!

This has NOTHING TO DO with piracy, period.  :(

I stumbled onto this site because I was trying to find out how to bypass the whole "this device doesn't support flash" problem.  I was trying to go to AMAZON and listen to my music library.  I was a bit upset that I couldn't.  But, you all helped me a lot because I found the mirror share on my TV. I installed the Miracast APP on my tablet - Then went to settings for screen share and searched for my TV - it immediately connected - Then I went to my amazon on my tablet and there ya have it. So. it seems to me, that whatever you can see on your tablet, you can share to the LG TV with no problems.

I'm also using the LG Web OS 3.0 4K UHD TV. I've observed that some video steaming sites were working normally but after upgrading the firmware update then some site like "Cartoonhd.com" is not working after click on play button and no MSG appear on screen. LG is really a nice TV with affordable budget and all latest features but this issue is really surprising. I hope LG got the solution soon.

Flash is a notoriously fickle programme to support, so many hardware and software providers (not just LG) do not support it and have not done so for years (see Apple).  Plus Flash is a dying technology:

link hidden, please login to view

So the answer I am afraid is to badger the content providers to move to twenty first century technologies sooner rather than later.  

Remember HTML5 is your friend.

No I very much doubt LG is going to add Flash support, because is it is going end of life in the very near future.  Why support a technology the manufacturer has told the world they are going to be dropping?  There have been much better technologies available for many years, it is just that website owner have not moved with the times as it involves learning new skills and spending money.  As for HTML5 support the webOS browser does support it, go to the following site to test it:

link hidden, please login to view