Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

New beta version firmware for EU region!!

It is firmware only for LB630-LB870 webOS series tv sets.

5.00.04 1.4.0-2504 afro-ashley

I installed this version on LB700V and there is a speed and stability improvement vs. 5.10.02 version.

If you dont know how to flash please dont flash...stay where you are.. :)

http://su.lge.com:80/GlobalSWDownloadCdn.laf?IMG=/201509/starfish-dvb-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2504-05.00.04-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk

5_00_04.jpg

Hi Dejan,

Hve you sucessfully downgrade your firmware form a higher version? I have the 05.10.01 installed and would like to downgrade, Itried the method mentioned before but unable to connect to my pc? Any ideas please

Cheers Jon

Hi Dejan,

Hve you sucessfully downgrade your firmware form a higher version? I have the 05.10.01 installed and would like to downgrade, Itried the method mentioned before but unable to connect to my pc? Any ideas please

Cheers Jon

Yes, downgraded...from 5.10.02 to 5.00.04 but i suggest you to stay with current version until september 21st when LG will roll officially webOS 2.0 firmwares for 2014. models..

Hi again, Dejan,

I could realy do with a downgrade beacuse the tv gets app closed / memory issue and is unwatchable after 40-50 minutes.until you turn off and on again . Then its pretty good with everything working as it should. Any tips appreciated.

Cheers Jon

Hi again, Dejan,

I could realy do with a downgrade beacuse the tv gets app closed / memory issue and is unwatchable after 40-50 minutes.until you turn off and on again . Then its pretty good with everything working as it should. Any tips appreciated.

Cheers Jon

What is the TV model? Otherwise LG released new version 5.10.02. To first try out the newer version?

What is the TV model? Otherwise LG released new version 5.10.02. To first try out the newer version?

I have an LB730V ZE. Just hoping the new webos 2 firmwate is numbered accordingly so that it will find it automatically.

Hi again, Dejan,

Cheers Jon

maybe coincidence but since changing region from UK to SPAIN to get youtube app back, I havnt seen this error while streaming.

might be nothing, but a simple thing to try ?

maybe coincidence but since changing region from UK to SPAIN to get youtube app back, I havnt seen this error while streaming.

might be nothing, but a simple thing to try ?

Hi,

Just upgraded to 05.10.02 with a little help from Dejan ;). I got the app close error after 40-60 minutes again, but reset the tv again and fingers crossed its playing well dare I say it. My TV was bought in Spain so every time you reset it defaults to the Spanish settings

Thanks for the advice will try if problems persist.

Jon

Hi.

Anyone know where i can dl fw v.4.65.05 for 55lb730v ?

People, please give out their locations in posts or profile, for better help.  ;)

Hi guys. i have an Lg 47lb670v-za with firmware: 04.45.25  (Hungary)

WebOs version1.3.3.3251(afro-arches).

Question: Will i get some kind of updates?

In settings it doesnt get any updates.

Thanks for answering :)

04.45.25 is latest official firmware, but you can try webOS 2.0 BETA firmware(install via USB flash drive), or just wait September 21st when LG planned to roll out official WebOS 2.0 for 2014 models..

• Like 1

04.45.25 is latest official firmware, but you can try webOS 2.0 BETA firmware(install via USB flash drive), or just wait September 21st when LG planned to roll out official WebOS 2.0 for 2014 models..

thanks for answering :) .

its best if i'll wait for the official version

As LG said, this update will include four main features of webOS 2.0 and enhanced speed. It will not be updated to webOS 2.0, I think.

thanks for answering :) .

its best if i'll wait for the official version

You're right Alexa. It's still a beta, some users have reported a problem with Simplink and others. Not much time to 21 September, you can wait for official update.

Hi to all

- I found a bug in settings menu when i search for fw updates, the tv channel in background is scrambled.

- In the settings menu > General > About TV > no more display of Total startup hours.

- Error connecting to wifi router.

I searched this thread for some facts about the "new" smart share (DLNA) player.

With the current official version of WEB-OS i am unable to switch audio channels or subtitles when the files are being played from a DLNA-Server. (I tried avi's and MKV's)

Will this get any better with the forthcoming feature pack for our 2014 models ? 

Honestly the capabilities of that Smart Share Player are rather minimal. It is not an APP so there can't be quick updates. That is really a shame.

Fun fact. LG BluRay Players.. Even my very old models.. Do have these features.  :-(

Hmm. Thank you for your proposal to try Plex. I know about it, but do not want to run another application on my NAS just to fix things, LG is not properly supporting in their firmware.

@Dejan Fehirow: Yes. I asked about features of the new forthcoming firmware !