Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

majorusa

WebOS TV Firmware version

1,247 posts in this topic

Manual upgrade is just having a USB stick, making a folder LG-DTV and put the epk file in there, than restart your TV and it will give a message new firmware found.

Where can I find the firmware to download? 

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

The most useless link I have seen here

Use chrome browser & translate to english

Just recieved an update yet... Still in process will keep you up to date when i can see something changed...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

post-2375-0-53506000-1420784550_thumb.jpg

32lb650v in the uk

Software: 4.32.20

Webos 1.3.1-3220(Afro-arches)

Has anyone tried any of the beta versions from other countries? The Russian forum links to a 4.60

Any chance of that fixing the out of memory error bug or speeding things up?

Thanks

04.50.41 seems pretty sweet for me right now

Will that work with my model? Can you link to it on the Russian site, trying to find on a tranlslated version but failing

Will that work with my model? Can you link to it on the Russian site, trying to find on a tranlslated version but failing

Sorry no my mistake that's ub850-980

Just updated to

1.3.2-3232(afro-arches)

Changed location to Germany and updated over the wifi.

We will see if it helps any of the problems. So far I give lg 9/10 for the screen and 4/10 for the software

Just updated to

1.3.2-3232(afro-arches)

Changed location to Germany and updated over the wifi.

We will see if it helps any of the problems. So far I give lg 9/10 for the screen and 4/10 for the software

And then we will not even be able to update to WebOS 2.0 that will ship with the 2015 models (http://www.zdnet.com/article/lg-snubs-2014-tv-owners-on-webos-upgrade/).

We would probably have to live with "bad" software on our TVs for the next 10 years. Apps will eventually stop working on our old version of the OS too.

Should rather have waited for later this year and bought a TV running Android TV.

Singapore, slow in OTA upgrade support, pre-loaded with 04.33.23 when purchased.

http://www.lg.com/sg/support-product/lg-49UB850T support available 04.33.15.

MediaTek is making sure that the latest chip offers support for Android, WebOS (used by LG),

while providing room for Panasonic to tweak it for their upcoming TVs based on Amazon's FireTV OS,

according to CK Peng, marketing director for MediaTek's home entertainment business unit.

http://www.eetasia.com/ART_8800708734_480200_NT_6a8497f5_2.HTM

hopefully it is not one time off experiment but commitment from LG and provides the 2.0 update to our existing TV.

Hi, i am new to this forum and have the 60LB730v model 3 days ago, i find it great but i wanted to speak to someone from LG in the UK (where i live & my tv is set up). So i went to there live chat service and well this is what was said;

[Alex Bishop] I just want to double check my tv is on the best version, its on 4.32.20

[LG TV, Monitors, AV and IT Support] There are many updates that are pushed out to our range of TVs so we will only be notified if there is a major change (for instance an inclusion of an application, WebOS 2.0 or a major bug fix). Also, not all updates are applicable to all models as some are only sent to certain product codes within a range.

[LG TV, Monitors, AV and IT Support] If there is no update available then you are on the latest software available for your TV.

I thought ok thats fair enough, and as they brought web os 2.0 up first i then asked if my model of TV would be getting the update to web os 2.0, this what he said;

[LG TV, Monitors, AV and IT Support] No worries. There are rumours that the WebOs in the UK will get the 2.0 update but this has not been confirmed 100% as of yet. When we know then it will be on the LG Blog (www.lgblog.co.uk).

[LG TV, Monitors, AV and IT Support] Personally, I can no see any reason why we in the UK will not get the 2.0 update.

Now i believe the 2014 range has the chance of getting it but maybe not every model, this is becsuse he said web os 2.0 'update'. If he was going to say it was just coming to the 2015 tv line up he would not of said this.

Hope this helps as it is my first post!

Thanks

1 person likes this

Manual upgrade is just having a USB stick, making a folder LG-DTV and put the epk file in there, than restart your TV and it will give a message new firmware found.

Cannot seem to upgrade firmware , when I restart the TV I do not see new firmware found. It prompts me to use smartshare to connect to the USB

I cannot see what I could be doing wrong?

Any suggestions

Thanks

Cannot seem to upgrade firmware , when I restart the TV I do not see new firmware found. It prompts me to use smartshare to connect to the USB

I cannot see what I could be doing wrong?

Any suggestions

Thanks

Hello i had the same thing happen as i am new to all this but after trying different things i found you need to put it in a folder in lower case letters like this and with the line at the bottom not in the middle as shown so name the folder lg_dtv 

1 person likes this

2 people like this

Hello i had the same thing happen as i am new to all this but after trying different things i found you need to put it in a folder in lower case letters like this and with the line at the bottom not in the middle as shown so name the folder lg_dtv 

Ok thanks I will try this , In the meantime I changed my location to Service Location to Germany and updated to 04.51.44 (49UB850V). This seems a lot more responsive now .

1 person likes this

Just updated to 04.51.44

I live in Sweden but i changed to  Germany and after som minute update came in.

Well, it IS more responsive....

In Sweden I miss "Today" app!  :-(

Just updated to 04.51.44

I live in Sweden but i changed to Germany and after som minute update came in.

Well, it IS more responsive....

In Sweden I miss "Today" app! :-(

You did set it back to Sweden after ?
1 person likes this

@uklad

Yes, I did. Oterwise I can´t use my LG account and .. more.Just considering att I miss more than just "Today" app, Meny in LG Store is different to, in German there is live app on rigth side on top of the LG meny , in chanellist all chanel are soret by frekvency not by contry list.....

20 minut in Houso of cards came lack of memory....bad! I nedded to restart not just app but tv set to.

India: version 4.30.16 on tv 42lb750t

I have the latest for Czech Republic 04.32.20 (1.3.1-3220 webOS), but I used tip from NedimB, I switched to the Germany and system was updated to the 04.41.32 (1.3.2-3232 webOS) than I switched back to Czech Republic - I have the latest firmware and LG store is working. Thanks NedimB :)

1 person likes this

- 04.33.22 - Austria - 60LB730V-ZE - webOS 1.3.1-3222(afro-arches)

Every time I try to update, I get reply "Prüfen auf Aktualisierung nicht möglich" after several minutes. This does mean that an update is not possible? Internet Connection is working well, Youtube and Internet is working.

- 04.41.32 - Germany - 60LB730V-ZE - webOS 1.3.2-3232(afro-arches)

I changed Location to Germany and got update. Strange...