Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have a 55EC930T (South East Asia model) and wondered if the latest firmware 05.05.01 would apply to it ? It can be downloaded from the LG UK site for the model 55EC930V.

Also I couldn't find the change log on the LG.com website? Anyone knows what this release is about ?

Thx

Hi I have a 55EC930T (South East Asia model) and wondered if the latest firmware 05.05.01 would apply to it ? It can be downloaded from the LG UK site for the model 55EC930V.

Also I couldn't find the change log on the LG.com website? Anyone knows what this release is about ?

Thx

You can't instal this firmware! This is for Europe V models.You have T

link hidden, please login to view

Yes, via usb. It is described at the download page from LG next to the firmware in a document. Create an LG_DTV folder on a usb drive and put the unzipped firmware in it. Put it in the tv and click the popuo and pull it out only when it is ready updating.

Well I took the plunge last night and installed the latest software. Fingers crossed all OK. Again I can not be bothered to reset to default, when will LG give us a backup

settings option or app to make it easier to restore picture & sound settings after re-install or new firmware.

Hey guys. As I just learned from the LG chat on their website, they do not publish changelogs for their firmware updates. Downgrades are also not supported. So, crossing fingers and hoping that things don't get worse is all some can do? :-(

I am not sure if I want to upgrade to 05.05.01 on my 55EC930v . Are there any drawbacks known so far?

I did the upgrade on my 55ec930v and did not find any drawback but no improvements either. I came from a beta 05.00.55 and wanted to have the official release. There also was an official 05.00.55 but I could not install it because it was no newer version.

After upgrade I cannot log to my account anymore. It says that service is not temperary available. Anyone with same problem ?

Sent from my SHV-E160L using Tapatalk

I have the same account problem, also unable to open the LG store to get apps. Mladjokis have you made a full reset after the install?. I haven't and don't want to because I may loose all my app and will not be able to download them.

I have the same account problem, also unable to open the LG store to get apps. Mladjokis have you made a full reset after the install?. I haven't and don't want to because I may loose all my app and will not be able to download them.

No after turning off and on again everything works again.

Sent from my SHV-E160L using Tapatalk

Does anyone want to share their findings about firmware 05.05.01?

I noticed one odd thing after a few weeks with 05.05.01 on the LG 47LB671v... I happened two times now that I got a message from the TV saying (in German): "The TV will be switched off in 5 minutes" ... and NO, I did not use the timer function of the TV EVER... I waited to see if this was a "freak"  message but after 45 minutes the TV really switched off. Very strange, will watch this behaviour closely.

Anyone else had this?

K.

Are these firmware's model specific?

Absolutely! You can't use a firmware for the LB6xx series for the UF models. Fortunately the firmware update process checks if the firmware is suitable for your model and refuses to update to an invalid version.

K.

I noticed one odd thing after a few weeks with 05.05.01 on the LG 47LB671v... I happened two times now that I got a message from the TV saying (in German): "The TV will be switched off in 5 minutes" ... and NO, I did not use the timer function of the TV EVER... I waited to see if this was a "freak" message but after 45 minutes the TV really switched off. Very strange, will watch this behaviour closely.

Anyone else had this?

K.

How many time without using the remote? Maybe it's the powersave feature

Enviado desde mi ifive_mini_3GS mediante Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

upgraded from 03.10.60 to version 03.15.02 on my TV 49UF640V this morning, didn't see anything new.

Any changelog ?

did someone know what means the fistr two digits : 05.xx.xx, 04.xx.xx or 03.xx.xx ?

Now in 03.15.05, automatic update.

Hy to all

I follow this topic once or twice a week and I didn't post for a long time so I din now.

I see on the last update 05.05.01 for 2014 models, in browser, don't show anymore the memory error message if I browse no more then 2 or 3 pages at a time (one with streaming). Maybe they did a good job with the memory management.