Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

I updated my LG 47LB750T to new firmware version 5.0.55 but I am facing issues lately.

In LG Smartshare app it is constantly giving me "Unstable Connection" error.

I never had this kind of problem in older version.

Can anyone help me out how to fix this problem?

post-5547-0-42816400-1457265737_thumb.jpg

I updated my LG 47LB750T to new firmware version 5.0.55 but I am facing issues lately.

In LG Smartshare app it is constantly giving me "Unstable Connection" error.

I never had this kind of problem in older version.

Can anyone help me out how to fix this problem?

I was facing that on 5.10.02 (beta) so I upgraded to 5.00.55 and never had any issue again.

Enviado de meu SM-G900MD usando Tapatalk

I was facing that on 5.10.02 (beta) so I upgraded to 5.00.55 and never had any issue again.

Thank you for replying.

Their Technician did came to my house and did initial reset with his Service Remote.

So I no longer getting that "Unstable Connection" option but there is still one issue I am facing.

I am no longer able to play "MKV" files from smartshare setting.

I am able to play "mp4" files but "mkv" files simply refuses to show in the folder.

I normally add the folder to my Windows Media Playlist and it shows the folder in the "Smartshare" app as "Windows Media Files".

So I assume now that my TV is fine but there is some settings in PC which I am not able to figure it out to play MKV files.

Thank you for replying.

Their Technician did came to our house and did initial reset with his Service Remote.

So I no longer getting that "Unstable Connection" option but there is still one issue I am facing.

I am no longer able to play "mkv" files from Smartshare app.

I am able to play "mp4" files but "mkv" files simply refuses to show in the folder.

I normally add the folder to my Windows Media Playlist in my Computer and it shows the folder in the "Smartshare" app as "Windows Media Files".

So I assume now that my TV is fine but there is some settings in PC which I am not able to figure it out to play MKV files.

I am no longer able to play "mkv" files from Smartshare app.

I normally add the folder to my Windows Media Playlist in my Computer and it shows the folder in the "Smartshare" app as "Windows Media Files".

You need to install Smartshare server app on your PC and there share folders you wish so watch on tv. Windows Media Server is unstable and not compatible with some video/audio codecs..

Download Smartshare and install from here: 

link hidden, please login to view

When you install choose what you wish to share from application on your pc...In tv app will see icon LGPC.

Also you can install any dlna based servers like plex, universal server, serviio...and many others..

No more unstable connection :)

• Like 1

You need to install Smartshare server app on your PC and there share folders you wish so watch on tv. Windows Media Server is unstable and not compatible with some video/audio codecs..

Download Smartshare and install from here: 

When you install choose what you wish to share from application on your pc...In tv app will see icon LGPC.

Also you can install any dlna based servers like plex, universal server, serviio...and many others..

No more unstable connection :)

Thank You so much. That totally solved my problem.

I never knew about the Smartshare windows app. I always used the Windows Media Player option considering its the only option I have and there use to be lot of connection issues like movie did not played smoothly, sometimes it gets stuck so I have to restart the app once again.

The buffering of videos I think is fast as compared to Windows Media Player.

Even the technician who came to my house didn't knew about this type of sharing through PC which is kinda surprising. He told me he will get back after consulting his senior engineer or something.

Good that I only paid him for his visiting charges and not end up paying for opening the TV and for checking the motherboard. That would've been wasted since the problem was in my PC and not in my TV.

Also I wanted to know one more thing about whether there will be loss in Video quality if I stream movies over WiFi from my PC?

Thank you once again. You were a Big Help.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have a LG 43UF680V TV (HE_DTV_W15A_AFADABAA) with 04.20.70 firmware (in France).

When I watch "Fransat UltraHD channel", the only 4K channel on Eutelsat 5W, I have this problem :

UltraHD is a 30 mn loop of "5mn demo sequences".

On one sequence, the picture freeze several times exactly at the same moments.

But when if I record this 4K sequence on the USB drive connected to the TV, there is no problem when I read the sequence.

Any idea ?

May I downgrade to 04.20.50 firmware?

Best regards

Thank You so much. That totally solved my problem.

I never knew about the Smartshare windows app. I always used the Windows Media Player option considering its the only option I have and there use to be lot of connection issues like movie did not played smoothly, sometimes it gets stuck so I have to restart the app once again.

The buffering of videos I think is fast as compared to Windows Media Player.

Even the technician who came to my house didn't knew about this type of sharing through PC which is kinda surprising. He told me he will get back after consulting his senior engineer or something.

Good that I only paid him for his visiting charges and not end up paying for opening the TV and for checking the motherboard. That would've been wasted since the problem was in my PC and not in my TV.

Also I wanted to know one more thing about whether there will be loss in Video quality if I stream movies over WiFi from my PC?

Thank you once again. You were a Big Help.

your actually better of downloading the latest Plex server which is what the LG SmartShare is based off of, and then you unlock all plex features on all devices. You don't need Plex installed on the TV as it will work with SmartShare, but if you get the app it is that much better. 

Personally I tried it but never liked the limitations with subtitles. 

your actually better of downloading the latest Plex server which is what the LG SmartShare is based off of, and then you unlock all plex features on all devices. You don't need Plex installed on the TV as it will work with SmartShare, but if you get the app it is that much better.

Hmm, that sounded too good to be true, but while the PLEX App on WebOS ist free, you need to register and open an plex account to use the windows server version it seems ... I hate that...

K.

New TEST/BETA firmware for UB850-UB980, UC970 (EUROPE)

Singapore 49UB850T is still stuck at 05.00.25, hmm...., when will I receive official update ?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hmm, that sounded too good to be true, but while the PLEX App on WebOS ist free, you need to register and open an plex account to use the windows server version it seems ... I hate that...

K.

Plex Server is free as far as I remember, you need to pay for plex pass if you want to watch your content remotely from outside your network.  

• 2 weeks later...

I am now updating my LG 42LB6500 to 05.00.55.

Is this capable of playing videos encoded with x265?

The TV can barely hold onto it's core functionality and does a borderline okay job at best. What makes you think it will be able to play h265 with a FW upgrade?  

Unless hardware accelerated TV will never be able to play h265, I really don't believe this TV has the processing power to ever get h265.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...