Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

No, good old LG AU/NZ - lagging behind as usual.  At the risk of sounding overly ranty, I got to say, LG simply suck as far as their TV's go, which is a pity because WebOS i think is a great platform that had potential - but their terribly support/updates, not to mention the complete crap they populate their app store with is just ridiculous, even something as well known/respected as Plex seems to be nothing but difficult on the LG platform.  It really is the end of their road for me.  Never ever again.

Hi Michael , 

Are you still speaking to LG NZ regarding the 55 firmware , may be they have not released here because of the issues you and others are having . I am still waiting a reply from them regarding the sound drop outs , was tempted to try the 55 firmware but it sounds worse than what I have and Im not sure how to downgrade safely if I need to .

Hi,

is 05.00.55 still the latest FW for the 2014 LB6xx Series or are there any new betas? While all the annoying HDMI popups and optical sounds dropouts are gone now, I also get lots of Wifi disconnects during Amazon Prime and DLNA Streaming from NAS with this FW ... C´MON LG, you can do better than this (in fact, you still have to convince me that you can do better than this...)

Thanks,

K.

Hi,

is 05.00.55 still the latest FW for the 2014 LB6xx Series or are there any new betas?

Thanks,

K.

This is latest...

No hdmi popup issue with 5.00.55. Maybe something left from previous firmware..

Please unplug power cord, plug in, turn tv on, then reset your tv to factory settings and set all again..Power cycle and then try..

Thanks but I dont have HDMI popups anymore, my problem is constant network dropouts on WLAN, like other users have reported, too.

Definitely seems to be a software/firmware problem ... so I doublt a reset would do anything.

I had this problem, but it is solved when I changed the router!!

Now I use ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A. No more wifi dropouts.

Before this ZyXEL I used TP-Link TD-W8968 and Linksys WAG160N. Both had problems with wifi dropouts.

Maybe this settings help if you have similar settings in your router..

link hidden, please login to view

I think I have a Wifi problem as well since 5.00.55. No disconnects but more like freezes for 15 to 30 seconds. My tv is connected to wifi only. I'll try a cable only to see if there is a difference.

Very important is that you have an excellent signal between the router and TV. If a bad signal, the speed decreases and the link loss occurs...

Hi all. I have an LG-49LF630V-ZA. Wondered if there is an upgrade I can download and manually install for this TV?

I sometimes like to watch some Spanish series online via the browser, but I can't watch series on RTVE.es "en directo" i.e. live, they just don't start. The TV seems to try and start the video, but it just sits there. It used to work so I wonder if the recent (well it was a few months ago) upgrade broke something. Form reading these forums, it sounds pretty likely.

Anyway, is there an upgrade file (or downgrade file) available for this TV? If so, can some kind person point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

Will you recomend these settings for the LB730 as well? Do you know where to find the best settings?

For best picture and quality perfomance please try my settings for LB630-LB870 and EC930,as follows:

Settings are same for Live TV(Analog/Digital TV and Satellite), HDMI, Youtube and Smartshare (Video and Pictures)

Picture mode: Standard

Aspect Ratio: Original

Picture Adjust:

Backlight: 88

Contrast: 82

Brightness: 50

Sharpness: 32

Colour: 55

Tint: 0

Colour Temperature: 0

Advanced Control:

Dynamic Contrast: Low

Dynamic Colour: Low

Prefered Colour: Skin Colour - 0, Grass Colour - 0, Sky Colour - 0

Colour Gamut: Standard

Super Resolution: Low

Gamma: Medium

Picture Options:

Noise Reduction: Off

MPEG Noise Reduction: Off

Black Level: Low

Real Cinema: On

Motion Eye Care: Off

LED Local Dimming: High

TruMotion: User

Trumotion Settings:

De-Judder: 7

De-Blur: 10

For 3D Settings(Video and Pictures) there are small changes as follows:

Picture mode: Standard

Aspect Ratio: Original

Picture Adjust:

Backlight: 95

Contrast: 90

Brightness: 50

Sharpness: 32

Colour: 65

Tint: 0

Colour Temperature: 0

Advanced Control:

Dynamic Contrast: Low

Dynamic Colour: Low

Prefered Colour: Skin Colour - 0, Grass Colour - 0, Sky Colour - 0

Colour Gamut: Standard

Super Resolution: Low

Gamma: Medium

Picture Options:

Noise Reduction: Off

MPEG Noise Reduction: Off

Black Level: Low

Real Cinema: On

Motion Eye Care: Off

LED Local Dimming: Medium

TruMotion: User

Trumotion Settings:

De-Judder: 7

De-Blur: 10

Some settings are not available in picture setting. Do not let that upset :)

Other tips:

In General settings please switch "Settings Help" to "Off" to speedup Settings Panel

In Accesibility Pointer Options settings please set Pointer Size to smallest. This will reduce "ghost effect" around pointer in pure black screen/radio mode or similar

After every Firmware Update, please Reset to Initial Factory Settings, then apply my settings :)

People!

I do not understand your hunger for updating the Webos versions, "will we have webos 2.0 ?" ,  "how well it works webos 3.0?" and so on...

Let me tell you something: Webos 999.0 will never surpass at least Android 2.3 !

I have 47''LB730V from more than a year...time enough to play with it...installing , upgrading, downgrading...iptv...

after I bought android tv box: Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of ROM, eight core processor... with Lollipop android...it was a huge change in my tv experience...I really do not understand why did I pay those hundreds of euros more for a TV with SMART functions while the android tv box costs 77 euros ?!

Android it is a universal platform...with universal support, feedback, apps...there is a big change in net speed, I can watch full HD channels from various app such as torrent stream controller or kodi, showbox... I have flash support, sopcast, latest html, wifi dual, ethernet that recognizes my 300 MBps speed...what can I say? The difference betwenn a Lg TV with smart and an LG tv without it is many, many times the cost of an android tv box... and will never ever forever equals it ! If I would buy a second LG tv will search for a non smart one...and attach it a android terminal! 

bie!

• Like 1

Agree at current.

Well, as time goes by, producing a non smart tv will be more expensive than smart tv.

Demand and supply.

By then, all TVs around will be smart. Boxes will phase out I think unless boxes are able to justify its existence.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk