Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

So another day on 05.00.35 in Australia - still having the same issues with HDMI ARC/Optical sound out, also still having HDMI pop ups occasionally.

Emailed LG, got told to call them, called, told I'll be called back the next day. Three days later without a call, called back and was told to take it to the closest service centre to have the hardware checked haha. Obviously it's a software issue considering all the people here in the same boat.

I've requested the issue be forwarded to whoever is in charge of the software updates (Korea apparently), I've also submitted a complaint about the lack of service and after sales support.

If anyone can shed more light on manually updating that would be excellent.

• Like 1

When you say Europe I suspect this is then for the 55EC930V and doesn't work with the 55EC930T, correct ?

Ta

Yes! 55EC930T is Australia/New Zealand model! 55EC930V is Europe model.

Latest firmware for "T" models is 05.00.35 and i do not recommend install europe models firmware, unless if you wish messed-up TV :)

Latest firmware for your model is 05.00.35 and unfortunatelly this is firmware with HDMI/ARC problems. No fix..yet  :unsure:

For Europe models this problem is solved in 05.00.55  :rolleyes:

LG sells its devices by region and for each region there are applications that differ from other regions. Therefore, it is not advisable to install the firmware from another region. It then makes a problem because the system of broadcasting TV programs is not the same, applications are not the same, so it is very possible that it can totally destroy the TV or to a state that is not working properly..

The safest way is a regular online update..

Otherwise, I do not understand why the LG announced 05.00.40 firmware for LB630-LB870, EC930 Europe models because this firmware has problems with HDMI / ARC 

I recommend to all who have not yet installed the problematic .40 firmware to postpone and stay on .15 firmware...and wait next official. Hm, maybe .55 will be the next official  :D

latest official is 05.00.40 (i don't recommend install this version because hdmi/arc problems...just skip this version)

latest test/beta is 05.00.55 (europe region) and you can download from this official lg link: 

link hidden, please login to view

I know that but I dont wont any 5.. firmware because they messed with picture quality and it is much worse than version 4 firmware .. Nothing much improved at all. So I red that  04.55.40 version has good picture and I wanted to try. 

If somebody has it please post link!

Thanx!!!

I know that but I dont wont any 5.. firmware because they messed with picture quality and it is much worse than version 4 firmware .. Nothing much improved at all. So I red that  04.55.40 version has good picture and I wanted to try. 

If somebody has it please post link!

Thanx!!!

From personal experience, after numerous tests from the first firmware version 3 up to the latest versions of the firmware 05.00.55 I can confirm that there is absolutely NO difference in picture quality. If it is possible to notice a difference image is just better, not worse. The only difference is that version 3 and 4 suffers from the problem of "Out of memory. App is closed." and it was resolved in first 05.xx.xx. Also, all versions 5 are faster, prettier than 3 or 4. LG added some cute options of advanced webos 2.0 in first test/beta 5. Older versions have been slower, applications were considerably slower and suffered from a leak of memory problems..

Are there any betas for the us version of the 42LB6300. I have version 05.00.45 installed a few weeks ago and it's total crap and LG support is absolutely no help. ARC constantly drops out, HDMI notifications pop up on the screen randomly. Why can't basic tv functions work? Never buying LG again.

Sorry, no test/beta for US. Just wait new update.. soon..  :huh:

link hidden, please login to view

Official update for this seems to be taking an age , it seems every time I walk in the room my TV has reset itself to TV speakers . I dont know if there has been much difference in picture quality since the early firmware but it does seem the terrestrial tuner has a poorer picture than any other input , but not sure if that has always been that way .