Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

Just a couple of questions Dejan,

1. Any picture improvement with the new firmware?

2. How are the picture adjust setting menu (less adjustment options on the later 5.00.** firmwares)

3. Out of memory errors (possible a little early for this)

Cheers Jonny

Happy new year to all

Hi guys and happy holidays!

These are my observations about 05.00.55:

1. I do not notice any improvement or deterioration in picture

2. Everything is the same as in previous versions

3. That is now history  :)

***No more problems with HDMI / ARC***

It seems to me that the software is now faster for a couple of percent  ;)

From Singapore LG my tv support site created the guide for manual update.

Only appear in desktop Web version.

link hidden, please login to view

http://www.lgwebos.com/index.php?/topic/2064-[Help]49uf850v-Firmware-update#entry5346

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

619c300267dcb23cc3d23d7f323c98ec.jpg

Hi,

55UB850V-ZD

Yes so i have tried this and it doesn't work! i download the .epk file from  however it only downloads 0kb is this correct? if so when i then insert it into a folder called LG_DTV the TV won't recgonise this folder and i have tried with 2 USB devices

Regards,

Robbie

Hi,

55UB850V-ZD

Yes so i have tried this and it doesn't work! i download the .epk file from 

however it only downloads 0kb is this correct? if so when i then insert it into a folder called LG_DTV the TV won't recgonise this folder and i have tried with 2 USB devices

Regards,

Robbie

First of all, please tell us where you living? What region?

First of all, please tell us where you living? What region?

Hi,

I am in the UK and i have the 55UB850V-ZD 4K TV, i am unable to get any BETA versions on my TV only can manage to install official versions, all i do for the BETA is download from the link above then put that single .epk file in a folder called LG_DTV and then place this on a USB stick which i have formatted in FAT & FAT32 none of which work :(

Regards,

Robbie

Hi,

I am in the UK and i have the 55UB850V-ZD 4K TV, i am unable to get any BETA versions on my TV only can manage to install official versions, all i do for the BETA is download from the link above then put that single .epk file in a folder called LG_DTV and then place this on a USB stick which i have formatted in FAT & FAT32 none of which work :(

Regards,

Robbie

For your TV(55UB850V-ZD) latest version is 05.00.25 and there is no beta/test versions, yet...If you have this firmware version then everything is fine..

For your TV(55UB850V-ZD) latest version is 05.00.25 and there is no beta/test versions, yet...If you have this firmware version then everything is fine..

Really.....? why does this link specify UB850v with a beta build of 05.10.02? 

Regards,

Robbie

Oh no, this is valid link!

Okay i see this link you have provided, however looking at it there isn't anywhere that mentions 'GB' and reading down the thread people are mentioning about the UHD 4K tv the one i have as having a new beta build 05.10.01, so something isn't right here....

Regards,

Robbie

Okay i see this link you have provided, however looking at it there isn't anywhere that mentions 'GB' and reading down the thread people are mentioning about the UHD 4K tv the one i have as having a new beta build 05.10.01, so something isn't right here....

Regards,

Robbie

You belong to "Europe" region and always download new firmware from link named "для наших стран"

You belong to "Europe" region and always download new firmware from link named "для наших стран"

Right okay, i get that but i just don't get how there are two sites with 2 different it's rather confusing, the other site page needs taking down its that confusing lol

Regards,

Robbie

Right okay, i get that but i just don't get how there are two sites with 2 different it's rather confusing, the other site page needs taking down its that confusing lol

Regards,

Robbie

it does state on the 1st link i posted about what is available and where 

• Australia (AU), Colombia (CO), Germany (DE), Great Britain (GB), Hong Kong (HK) -> 
     from 08.2015 (on the system ashley instead of arches);

and that was from this link 

but obviously your telling me now to use that link even though its telling me there is a new beta version

Regards,

Robbie

Regards,

Robbie

I have better site for links:

Just go to 2nd post and click on Скрытый текст

it does state on the 1st link i posted about what is available and where 

• Australia (AU), Colombia (CO), Germany (DE), Great Britain (GB), Hong Kong (HK) -> 
     from 08.2015 (on the system ashley instead of arches);

and that was from this link 

but obviously your telling me now to use that link even though its telling me there is a new beta version

Regards,

Robbie

I understand, but 05.10.02 was first beta 5 firmware, and from a while LG decided to down to 05.00.xx. Everybody who installed 05.10.xx versions are stucked there and can't install versions 05.00.xx

I recommend not to install this old 05.10.xx versions..Just follow 2nd site i post for you :)

I understand, but 05.10.02 was first beta 5 firmware, and from a while LG decided to down to 05.00.xx. Everybody who installed 05.10.xx versions are stucked there and can't install versions 05.00.xx

I recommend not to install this old 05.10.xx versions..Just follow 2nd site i post for you :)

Okay then thanks for your help :)

Regards,

Robbie

Both are OK  ;)  First site is global for all models, but second is just for your TV.

Okay, i hope they release a new firmware soon, i am so annoyed at the lack of support for the ARC/HDMI drop outs they are actually doing my head in, i have seen some people using 05.00.55 that appears to have fixed it but trying to get hold of this for my TV is a hard task lol

Regards,

Robbie

Okay, i hope they release a new firmware soon, i am so annoyed at the lack of support for the ARC/HDMI drop outs they are actually doing my head in, i have seen some people using 05.00.55 that appears to have fixed it but trying to get hold of this for my TV is a hard task lol

Regards,

Robbie

05.00.55 is for LB models...I hope LG will post new firmware for UB models soon...

hey i was wondering if anyone knows if this file is a beta , or .my TV is an LG 70lb650v .there is the address of the new file

and the file I wonder about is ( Version_05.00.40 ) .zip

ps. i live in sweden

Don't update with this 05.00.40 version...Just stay on 05.00.15 or upgrade to test/beta 05.00.55

HI Dejan,

Thanks for the hard/brave work!

I'd like to install 05.00.55 as I am going nuts with the audio switch issue of 05.00.35, however I can't find the link for the brazilian version (the link you provided was DVB, I guess it should be ATSC instead).

would you have the link for that too?

cheers, 

Gustavo

HI Dejan,

Thanks for the hard/brave work!

I'd like to install 05.00.55 as I am going nuts with the audio switch issue of 05.00.35, however I can't find the link for the brazilian version (the link you provided was DVB, I guess it should be ATSC instead).

would you have the link for that too?

cheers,

Gustavo

.35 is latest for Brasil region. Keep calm and wait new version

Please don't install europe version because you will lose access to some apps!Just stay with Brasil ver.Changing region firmwares is not recommended..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well I took the plunge and installed the 5.00.55 version and guess what.

It seems ok at the moment, fingers crossed. Only time will tell.

I have to use internet browser to set my DNS server for geo unlocking and it seemed more responsive than before (still a long way of a PC but certanly more usable).

SD-tv picture seems a little better than the 5.00.15 not as much blurring around moving figures or may be just a different set up after the reset.

All in all very pleased so far. At last LG are getting it together.

Also for added bonus looking through the russian website linked earlier found out my all in one remote can be coded to acess the EZ service settings menu's.

Big thanks for the info Dejan.

Regards Jon

Hi Guys,

I've recently picked up a 49UF850V - TV is generally good except i'm having using using an AV receiver with the HDMI ARC port. When turning on the TV occasionally it will randomly turn off Simplink and use only the internal speaker. I've seen some people above mention that the latest beta firmware fixes some ARC issues.

I can't see which firmware I should be downloading as the russian links posted previously state they're for 2014 TVs? Can anyone help?

TV: 49UF850V

Region: UK/GB

Software Version: 04.00.40

WebOS: 2.2.0-2115 (beehive-biscayne)

Thanks

For best picture and quality perfomance please try my settings for LB630-LB870 and EC930,as follows:

Settings are same for Live TV(Analog/Digital TV and Satellite), HDMI, Youtube and Smartshare (Video and Pictures)

Picture mode: Standard

Aspect Ratio: Original

Picture Adjust:

Backlight: 88

Contrast: 82

Brightness: 50

Sharpness: 32

Colour: 55

Tint: 0

Colour Temperature: 0

Advanced Control:

Dynamic Contrast: Low

Dynamic Colour: Low

Prefered Colour: Skin Colour - 0, Grass Colour - 0, Sky Colour - 0

Colour Gamut: Standard

Super Resolution: Low

Gamma: Medium

Picture Options:

Noise Reduction: Off

MPEG Noise Reduction: Off

Black Level: Low

Real Cinema: On

Motion Eye Care: Off

LED Local Dimming: High

TruMotion: User 

Trumotion Settings:

De-Judder: 7

De-Blur: 10

For 3D Settings(Video and Pictures) there are small changes as follows:

Picture mode: Standard

Aspect Ratio: Original

Picture Adjust:

Backlight: 95

Contrast: 90

Brightness: 50

Sharpness: 32

Colour: 65

Tint: 0

Colour Temperature: 0

Advanced Control:

Dynamic Contrast: Low

Dynamic Colour: Low

Prefered Colour: Skin Colour - 0, Grass Colour - 0, Sky Colour - 0

Colour Gamut: Standard

Super Resolution: Low

Gamma: Medium

Picture Options:

Noise Reduction: Off

MPEG Noise Reduction: Off

Black Level: Low

Real Cinema: On

Motion Eye Care: Off

LED Local Dimming: Medium

TruMotion: User 

Trumotion Settings:

De-Judder: 7

De-Blur: 10

Some settings are not available in picture setting. Do not let that upset :)

Other tips:

In General settings please switch "Settings Help" to "Off" to speedup Settings Panel

In Accesibility Pointer Options settings please set Pointer Size to smallest. This will reduce "ghost effect" around pointer in pure black screen/radio mode or similar

After every Firmware Update, please Reset to Initial Factory Settings, then apply my settings :)

• Like 1