Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

Guest saatyo

Does anyone know a list online to search for latest version available? I have no clue where to search. The latest version at LG-Website is an earlier release as which I have on my TV!?

In LG Website i have seen delays of several days, weeks,... In LG-Spain web the latest release is 4.32.20 (32LB650V).

I just manually updated to 04.51.44 here in the UK big improvement on the speed in the menus

Can u pls advice me how to update the webOS 'manually'?

BTW, my tv is 42LB6520 smart 3d,,, bought from dubai. Service country set to South Africa for getting access to LG store with more apps.

• Like 1

Just updated to

1.3.2-3232(afro-arches)

Changed location to Germany and updated over the wifi.

We will see if it helps any of the problems. So far I give lg 9/10 for the screen and 4/10 for the software

And then we will not even be able to update to WebOS 2.0 that will ship with the 2015 models (

link hidden, please login to view
).

We would probably have to live with "bad" software on our TVs for the next 10 years. Apps will eventually stop working on our old version of the OS too.

Should rather have waited for later this year and bought a TV running Android TV.

Singapore, slow in OTA upgrade support, pre-loaded with 04.33.23 when purchased.

link hidden, please login to view
 support available 04.33.15.

MediaTek is making sure that the latest chip offers support for Android, WebOS (used by LG),

while providing room for Panasonic to tweak it for their upcoming TVs based on Amazon's FireTV OS,

according to CK Peng, marketing director for MediaTek's home entertainment business unit.

hopefully it is not one time off experiment but commitment from LG and provides the 2.0 update to our existing TV.

Hi, i am new to this forum and have the 60LB730v model 3 days ago, i find it great but i wanted to speak to someone from LG in the UK (where i live & my tv is set up). So i went to there live chat service and well this is what was said;

[Alex Bishop] I just want to double check my tv is on the best version, its on 4.32.20

[LG TV, Monitors, AV and IT Support] There are many updates that are pushed out to our range of TVs so we will only be notified if there is a major change (for instance an inclusion of an application, WebOS 2.0 or a major bug fix). Also, not all updates are applicable to all models as some are only sent to certain product codes within a range.

[LG TV, Monitors, AV and IT Support] If there is no update available then you are on the latest software available for your TV.

I thought ok thats fair enough, and as they brought web os 2.0 up first i then asked if my model of TV would be getting the update to web os 2.0, this what he said;

[LG TV, Monitors, AV and IT Support] No worries. There are rumours that the WebOs in the UK will get the 2.0 update but this has not been confirmed 100% as of yet. When we know then it will be on the LG Blog (www.lgblog.co.uk).

[LG TV, Monitors, AV and IT Support] Personally, I can no see any reason why we in the UK will not get the 2.0 update.

Now i believe the 2014 range has the chance of getting it but maybe not every model, this is becsuse he said web os 2.0 'update'. If he was going to say it was just coming to the 2015 tv line up he would not of said this.

Hope this helps as it is my first post!

Thanks

• Like 1

Manual upgrade is just having a USB stick, making a folder LG-DTV and put the epk file in there, than restart your TV and it will give a message new firmware found.

Cannot seem to upgrade firmware , when I restart the TV I do not see new firmware found. It prompts me to use smartshare to connect to the USB

I cannot see what I could be doing wrong?

Any suggestions

Thanks

Cannot seem to upgrade firmware , when I restart the TV I do not see new firmware found. It prompts me to use smartshare to connect to the USB

I cannot see what I could be doing wrong?

Any suggestions

Thanks

Hello i had the same thing happen as i am new to all this but after trying different things i found you need to put it in a folder in lower case letters like this and with the line at the bottom not in the middle as shown so name the folder lg_dtv 

• Like 1