Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

Hi everyone!

I don't know what's the reason I'm not getting any update further than 04.45.25. My TV model is 47LB630v from year 2014. Everybody is getting the last update, but I'm not able to get it even changing TV location LG service to anothers countries... Could anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Enviado desde Xperia Z3 (D6603) mediante Tapatalk

NZ took down the 05.00.04 update because of mainly EPG issues. My complaint was why it was taken down and evidently it should have not have been  available on the LG NZ site. I was going to try and downgrade back to  04.62.50 but LG are coming to my home to do it next week. My TV is 84" and still under warranty so I don't want to mess with it.

FYI 05.00.04 with HBBTV and Freeviewplus should be available the 3rd week of October as a OTA update for NZ for 2014 TV's. In the mean time I am really enjoying the upgrades that come with 05.00.04.

NZ took down the 05.00.04 update because of mainly EPG issues. My complaint was why it was taken down and evidently it should have not have been  available on the LG NZ site. I was going to try and downgrade back to  04.62.50 but LG are coming to my home to do it next week. My TV is 84" and still under warranty so I don't want to mess with it.

FYI 05.00.04 with HBBTV and Freeviewplus should be available the 3rd week of October as a OTA update for NZ for 2014 TV's. In the mean time I am really enjoying the upgrades that come with 05.00.04.

Hi vs2 I have mine on 5.00.04 here in NZ I don't use freeview much so haven't noticed EPG issues . Did LG inform you regarding freeview plus as I have been inquiring about this on the support site and they did not bother to respond, I also take it that the October update for freeview plus will now have to be a higher number than the 5.00.04 .  

Hi vs2 I have mine on 5.00.04 here in NZ I don't use freeview much so haven't noticed EPG issues . Did LG inform you regarding freeview plus as I have been inquiring about this on the support site and they did not bother to respond, I also take it that the October update for freeview plus will now have to be a higher number than the 5.00.04 .  

Hi LGSAM. That is the same question I have asked LG NZ. I have told them I am happy to leave the 05.00.04 software on my TV as long as the new upcoming update will update on top of 05.00.04 (ie 05.00.10??) Yes they did confirm freeviewplus with HBBTV.

I will post back with confirmation about the upcoming update.

Hi LGSAM. That is the same question I have asked LG NZ. I have told them I am happy to leave the 05.00.04 software on my TV as long as the new upcoming update will update on top of 05.00.04 (ie 05.00.10??) Yes they did confirm freeviewplus with HBBTV.

I will post back with confirmation about the upcoming update.

Thanks ,I have the 2014 65LB7500 I changed broadcast country to AUS so that I could enable HBBTV and unexpectedly this also enabled the universal screen remote when using the magic remote, don't know why that would not have been enabled for our location but LG work in mysterious ways . I hope the LG rep you spoke to knows whats going on because they did not impress me .  

What is the 'universal screen remote"…?

If you push the 123 key on the magic remote it will bring up an onscreen remote of whatever device you have connected to that input ie bluray or sky , you can configure these in the device connector , but like I said if I set my tv back to NZ broadcast the function is completely disabled , If you want better instructions have a look at the onscreen instructions they should be clearer than mine haha. 

Thanks ,I have the 2014 65LB7500 I changed broadcast country to AUS so that I could enable HBBTV and unexpectedly this also enabled the universal screen remote when using the magic remote, don't know why that would not have been enabled for our location but LG work in mysterious ways . I hope the LG rep you spoke to knows whats going on because they did not impress me .  

Ok so I got a call from LG NZ and they said there will be an update for NZ  to a higher number than 05.00.04 before October 18th. So we will see what happens.

Ok so I got a call from LG NZ and they said there will be an update for NZ  to a higher number than 05.00.04 before October 18th. So we will see what happens.

Thanks for that , by the way how are you communicating with LG , I was ringing the support number and always ended up with somebody who knew nothing about the TV or our country .

Thanks for that , by the way how are you communicating with LG , I was ringing the support number and always ended up with somebody who knew nothing about the TV or our country .

Same here and was driving me crazy. I ended going to the LG NZ Facebook page and sent a message and got an immediate response and very good dialogue with them.

Last time I rang LG support the call went to Australia where the guy I spoke to was adamant my tv model didn't exist !

This whole update process seems to have been poorly handled and when I get home I will make sure to turn auto update off, don't want to be a guinea pig for them.

Yeah I was impatient and installed the new firmware while it was online in NZ for a short time . Haven't had any problems so far but it sounds like they have stuffed up .

I am running a Raspberry Pi so CEC is important to me, don't want that getting stuffed up.

Seems like LG have a bit to learn about testing firmware updates before rolling them out.

Well, at least they didn't brick people's TVs this time.. That's my level of expectation :-D
  • Like 1

the real reason is that they thought all ' appearance on TV sets in 2015 rather than eliminate all defects that constantly complain .
slowdowns are because the TV does it all automatically , tune and channel list , ( updates ) , EPG and more.
Of course so poor processor has a commitment not  , then cause indifferent use slowdowns indescribable , memory errors , and so on and so forth .
That those genes can not think of putting programming functions enable/ disable so you can use the TV as a TV and when you want advanced functions are enabled only the required ones , then you can solve any problem .so that you have activated the ' automatism that at that time you need them , and not all atomatismi that overload the TV .

as it is now with all the automation enabled by default problems will always arise .
mix_problem_misture the type of satellite channels , etc. , etc. , etc. ,type , update channel yes / no, EPG yes / no, etc. etc. .so that the ' user has the basic functions and immediate if the app wants advanced knows he has to wait a moment to become active, many problems arise because the TV when the enable all the functions of inspection and updates automatically , as these functions can not be disabled .
are their genes , congratulations to them .

They think only of aesthetic finishes but do not solve the real problems plaguing this platform

I would just like to say I have never had any problems with the webos 1.xx on my TV over the last year. I have simplink running, Chromecast, use WIDI, have laptop attached with HDMI with KODI for HTPC and 90% of my streaming, 2 TB disk attached for recording and Time Machine for live pause etc, digital out to home audio system, Android box attached via HDMI, DTV via UHF, use the 5 ghz wifi without issue. It could be a bit quicker booting up but other than that I am very happy with my LG.

Is it possible the problems people are experiencing are 'model' of TV related from the 2013/14 range.

HI guys , for the auto ota updates how does the server know your country ? is it from your service location or broadcast location settings or is it IP related , Asking as I believe there is an update coming for NZ but I have mine set for Australian broadcast location .

HI guys , for the auto ota updates how does the server know your country ? is it from your service location or broadcast location settings or is it IP related , Asking as I believe there is an update coming for NZ but I have mine set for Australian broadcast location .

I would just wait and keep an eye on the LG NZ support page for the update to show, then set your tv back to NZ and try an OTA update, if not use USB method. In the mean time you should turn off the 'auto update' just in case it updates to a higher version for Aus.

I would just wait and keep an eye on the LG NZ support page for the update to show, then set your tv back to NZ and try an OTA update, if not use USB method. In the mean time you should turn off the 'auto update' just in case it updates to a higher version for Aus.

Yeah I think the next update may be a bit different as per Freeview changes so if it did pick the Aus one it may not apply .

Hi all,

LG Espańa have just called again saying the technical department are working on an update and it will be released as soon as possible ( no date given). Fair play to LG they have been very responive to my emails, always responding to emais or calling me when they said they would. Solution for now is to leave simplink turned off :( no good for us with Raspberry Pi. But a solution is down the road and hopefully the end of the firmware blues. Waiting for the next update."again"

ws2 lucky you , obviously you do almost anything with the PC , and uses only the rec and digital terrestrial TV .
try to put a satellite maybe motorized and then tell me what you think a bit , especially if you have lost days to make a setting of the satellite and then thanks to the automation you are all channels mixed or worse satellites mixed channels zapping .

I complained about it with lg area , just now a technician contacted me , I was also he confirmed it , but says it has submitted a long time my complaints , but it all depends korea , in their area they can do nothing , their reported complaints mine and others .

because all the faults I complained in the various posts are all 'now appear in the new update .

That universal remote feature you mentioned is already working on my set, always has. You press the "123" button and get an on screen remote for the device you are using.

Thats weird  , on the LB7500 it only works if you set the TV to AUS broadcast . Ill have to have a moan to LG , must be a firmware glitch