Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

That is true but then we have silly things like HIBB not enabled unless you switch to Aus and then reprogram all your channels (we have a different channel gap too I think.)

I would prefer not to be the first to try this :-)

My gut feeling is that the firmware is the same for AUS as NZ but like you I am not sure . Probably best to be patient  Hopefully LG has not forgotten about us in New Zealand .

My gut feeling is that the firmware is the same for AUS as NZ but like you I am not sure . Probably best to be patient  Hopefully LG has not forgotten about us in New Zealand .

Darn, I was about to suggest you give it a go then report back :-)

I did try, changed to Aus in both fields but no update then I chickened out and reverted to NZ.

That is true but then we have silly things like HIBB not enabled unless you switch to Aus and then reprogram all your channels (we have a different channel gap too I think.)

I would prefer not to be the first to try this :-)

You can switch to Aus then update then switch back to NZ, and i was on 04.65.05 aswell.

You can switch to Aus then update then switch back to NZ, and i was on 04.65.05 aswell.

WebOS TV version here is 1.3.3-395(afro-arches)  I wonder if that would make a difference?

Which update did you get and which country is set by you?..

I got official update ..

Country selected as India

software version : 05.00.04

WebOS Tv version : 1.4.0-2504(afro-ashley)

No official 05.xx.xx B) yet..

Latest official for LB series is 04.45.25

Only BETA 5.00.04 and 05.10.02 are available for download..

Official will be 05.10.03 ??? :unsure:

Yesterday I got official update 5.00.04

Darn, I was about to suggest you give it a go then report back :-)

I did try, changed to Aus in both fields but no update then I chickened out and reverted to NZ.

If you want to spoil your day completely you could ring Lg support and ask whats going on ,  :P

It might not be a planned 21.09 release. It's because this release is not world wide. Just like on mobile phones they release a "stable" official in few countries. The soft is than again tested. After that there is next world wodę release.

• Like 1

To answer the question about OTA update over 05.10.02 BETA.

If 05.00.04 is official FW it will probably not going to be detected by TVs with 05.10.02 installed (since 05.10.02 installed on my TV did not detect 05.00.04 on my USB stick) so downgrade might be needed.

I got official update ..

Country selected as India

software version : 05.00.04

WebOS Tv version : 1.4.0-2504(afro-ashley)

But my lg 42lb750t is not getting update and any notifications.:-(

Also available automatic update! USB update not available...yet :P

Are you sure about USB update? 

05.00.04 Beta - 646MB

05.00.04 Official - 646MB

Don't you think this might be the same file?

What differences you found between beta and official 05.00.04 after upgrade? - It makes no sense to go through /difficult for some/ downgrade just to reinstall the same file.

LGSAM, do you have?

I am still on   4.65.5 have had the occasional errors while using web browser , I am just making sure the 5.004 isn't worse than what I have . maybe some of these app memory problems might be model specific . I have the LB7500

To answer the question about OTA update over 05.10.02 BETA.

If 05.00.04 is official FW it will probably not going to be detected by TVs with 05.10.02 installed (since 05.10.02 installed on my TV did not detect 05.00.04 on my USB stick) so downgrade might be needed.

Unfortunatelly, only downgrade will help for users with 05.10.02 firmwares installed, but i would recommend not to downgrade.Better leave it as is, because 05.10.02 is release candidate same as 05.00.04.I think official and latest BETA/RC's are the same files..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I am still on   4.65.5 have had the occasional errors while using web browser , I am just making sure the 5.004 isn't worse than what I have . maybe some of these app memory problems might be model specific . I have the LB7500

Nope, I've the same memory problems at LB650V and all 04.xx.xx/05.xx.xx while using web browser like you. If you can, install 05.00.04, because it's absolutely better than all previous official versions.

Nope, I've the same memory problems at LB650V and all 04.xx.xx/05.xx.xx while using web browser like you. If you can, install 05.00.04, because it's absolutely better than all previous official versions.

Thanks . I am just waiting for it to become available here in New Zealand , hopefully its not to far away .

Can you please mention your TV model please?

LG UB850T Indian Model.

Using Australian country settings.

Smartshare still couldn't play some AVI "Errors saying This file couldn't be played" which was the same error from the start.

PC plays those files just fine.

4K files above 3840x 2160p are playable. I think so.