Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

I've just downgraded as well luckily I left the LG updater file on the PC. Just a shame I liked the speed of the new firmware and I was hoping the issues would have been solved, I use the simplink for Raspberry Pi control.

Until the next update if any. Maybe if we all contact LG they may listen, we can but hope.

Cheers Jon

Would/could a kind person please supply me/us with the instructions on how to downgrade. Have tried various links to russian forums but seems very complicated. It would be great if someone who has gone from 5.10.02 to version 4.xx.xx could provide a step by step guide. i am quite confident with pc's

Many thanks in advance for the kind soul who takes on this for me.

ps i am sure others would love a simple guide also.

David

Let me see... It looks simple but that was not how I did it, Your way is to downgrade to original firmware 03.23.13 and .epk is located on

link hidden, please login to view
. I had to manually check the update to get file "in_dump" to clarify TV model, later copy and edit empty file for tv model and .epk file location and set force flag to Y to force downgrade. Finally when that was all done the TV accepted the version of .epk I copied. Your way is easier but probably people are having trouble finding the correct file for their TV model, that is why the update is not detected.

Let me see... It looks simple but that was not how I did it, Your way is to downgrade to original firmware 03.23.13 and .epk is located on

link hidden, please login to view
. I had to manually check the update to get file "in_dump" to clarify TV model, later copy and edit empty file for tv model and .epk file location and set force flag to Y to force downgrade. Finally when that was all done the TV accepted the version of .epk I copied. Your way is easier but probably people are having trouble finding the correct file for their TV model, that is why the update is not detected.

Why do you have edited your post... Please, do not write stupidity, it's not true what you said. You don't know, guessing and doing unnecessary confusion. First test it on your TV then talk about it.  :huh:

Read with understanding. My way is to downgrade to the first firmware TV [#11] not to 03.23.13. People do not have to look any firmware - they can do it if they need to install custom firmware like beta or official from LG support site. If not, after Restart TV [#12]  they can just use Check For Updates option to upgrade firmware by OTA as David Isom did it. Update was not detected because in Updater lacked support for higher TV models and I had to update it. I wrote to you about it, but you come back to this topic to edit your post... And finally and above all - We're here to help each other, not to do confusion and destroy work of other. Don't do it anymore and Stay in Peace.

I have an LG 49UB850V.I had the same update today (5.00.04)and i was happy with it, but after some use the OS restarted itself 2-3 times in 2 hours.After more usage i had these problems: could not change the program after ca 1 hour of watching, no infobar popped, and the "P" switch on the MR500 was also not responding, switched to HDMI 1, but could not switch back to TV, menu was slow as hell, if it worked sometimes. I found the downgrade tutorial, and that helped me(thanx SIMON)and now i'm back at 4.55.55. It's a shame LG put an update like these OTA, do they not test these OS-s before release? I mean i can live with some minor bugs, but a TV that don't change chanels and restarting because of low memory...thats a no-go. An ex-customer

• Like 1

It would be interesting  to know the connections and settings people are using who are having memory reboots . ie simplink ARC , HBB TV,wireless , Then others who don't have these problems might be able to compare and help . Also are people resetting after update ?

It would be interesting  to know the connections and settings people are using who are having memory reboots . ie simplink ARC , HBB TV,wireless , Then others who don't have these problems might be able to compare and help . Also are people resetting after update ?

Mine,

60LB7500 5.00.04, Using simplink ARC to a Harman Kardon Amp,Also have HBB TV turned on,Internet is via Ethernet, Always do a reset after installing.

I have no issues at all, just lucky i guess :)

Mine,

60LB7500 5.00.04, Using simplink ARC to a Harman Kardon Amp,Also have HBB TV turned on,Internet is via Ethernet, Always do a reset after installing.

It takes a while to see the out of memory error for me sometimes. I get it in simplelink and Netflix.

Mine,

Im also using ARC to Onkyo amp and have HBB TV on , Have internet via Ethernet  65LB7500 5.00.04 , No problems with Netflix , have had a couple of memory drops on web pages otherwise all good . I also done a reset after update .

LG47LB670V

Updated to 5.00.04 from 04.65.05 via Android app.

Region: Macedonia.

It's not faster.

Streaming from my phone gave "needs to close to free some memory" at every 3-rd video clip.

I couldn't even stream a low deffinition video of 300Mb from my PC, it restarts after 30 seconds. Previosely it was closing only on big size movies, above 5Gb.

Shame on you LG

LG47LB670V

Updated to 5.00.04 from 04.65.05 via Android app.

Region: Macedonia.

It's not faster.

Streaming from my phone gave "needs to close to free some memory" at every 3-rd video clip.

I couldn't even stream a low deffinition video of 300Mb from my PC, it restarts after 30 seconds. Previosely it was closing only on big size movies, above 5Gb.

Shame on you LG

I have same TV (50" version) updated to 05.00.04 and I have no problems with streaming from PC or my iPhone. Have you done Factory reset after update?

I have same TV (50" version) updated to 05.00.04 and I have no problems with streaming from PC or my iPhone. Have you done Factory reset after update?

Yes, I've done factory reset even twice because what I was experiencing was bulls$%t.

What do you use for streaming videos?

I use Servioo.

(Sometimes Plex, but it has subtitles issue)

Can you watch a complete full HD movie in size of 6-9Gb?