Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

Anybody tried install?

I have installed on my 42LB650V and everything is working properly. All menus works much faster and smoother than in all previous versions. Finally, after many earlier updates, webOS in my LG became useful. Do not install 4.65.50 or older, it does not make sense. 05.10.01 is the one for which we waited for so long. Just install it and have fun with your LG.  ;)

O2LoH9P.png

Regards,
SIMON

Might not risk the usb update just yet. I'll wait to download from tv

It's very simple and safe Jon, don't be afraid. Just make LG_DTV folder in memory stick, put firmware file in folder and connect USB stick to TV. Your TV will automatically detect updates, now accept it and wait a few minutes. Restart TV and that's all. Installation progress can be tracked in General > About TV.

SIMON

Simon, how did you get the version 05.10.01

was it through auto upgrade or manual download and usb upgrade ?

If through manual download please submit the link

regards

Hi magdymans. You must do it manually - read my previous post for instructions. 

Here is download link:

link hidden, please login to view
 *for HD LGLB630 - LB870 / EC930.

*For UHD LG available here:  for UB850 - UB980 / UC970.

Regards

*Updated 24.08.2015

I have installed on my 42LB650V and everything is working properly. All menus works much faster and smoother than in all previous versions. Finally, after many earlier updates, webOS in my LG became useful. Do not install 4.65.50 or older, it does not make sense. 05.10.01 is the one for which we waited for so long. Just install it and have fun with your LG.  ;)

O2LoH9P.png

Regards,
SIMON

What is that for an App?

I just updated to 05.10.1. This firmware is the best so far. Much faster channel change the DVB-C, quick menu is really quick menu. Advanced menu is still slow, but a lot faster than before. Live menu can now be used and looks very nice. Until now it was too slow and disorganized. It is especially good option My program, especially when you have over 250 channels, like me. Image of DVB-C is a bit better than before. Very quickly display images when the TV is turned on or when she returns from some applications. Input has also been improved, and very fast. Teletext is loaded immediately. 

Ups i installed the beta fw. but i want to go back. How do i do that. eng translation onthe russian site suck's

Reason.

Hdmi don't work so good. after 1-2 hours of use, the good old memory error closes the hdmi, og i have to turn tv off and on, to continue to watch a dvd. :-(

Ups i installed the beta fw. but i want to go back. How do i do that. eng translation onthe russian site suck's

Reason.

Hdmi don't work so good. after 1-2 hours of use, the good old memory error closes the hdmi, og i have to turn tv off and on, to continue to watch a dvd. :-(

Factory reset is needed after firmware upgrade..

I've upgraded to 5.01.10 on my 50LB470V and there is noticeable improvement in overall performance. I didn't have too much time to test it yesterday but I've noticed one new problem and one I had on all previous versions.

New one is subtitles not displaying on DVB-C channels. When I tune to a channel with subtitles there is an icon in channel info informing that subtitles are available and an option in Advanced setup menu to select it but nothing happens when I do it. After entering subtitle menu again it is resets to None again. I guess user "tehnicki" is having same 250 DVB-C channels as me (b-net? :)) so some input would be appreciated.

Second problem (which was also present in FW 04.xx.xx) is Time setting. When set to Automatic TV detects my Time zone and location correctly but time is 1h behind. If I put it on Manual I can set the correct time but then EPG is wrong showing shows 1h ahead. I did find a workaround tho. I set it on manual, choose custom Zone, set GMT+1, and then click on Automatic. For some reason everything is correct then.

Anyway, 05 beta is definitely an improvement over any 04 FW, it just need some testing and polishing. 

Reason.

• Like 1

Did you enable subttitle on Accessibility, and did you choose location Croatia?

I have lots of channels with multiple Title. I can change my default Serbian subtitle on Subtitle button on my remote control

I never used "normal" remote, only "smart" one which doesn't have Subtitle button. After putting batteries in basic remote and hitting Subtitle button subtitles are showing and and can cycle if multiple subtitles are available. Thanks for the tip. I also never opened Accessibility menu before so I guess "Subtitles ON" was either ON by default in older FW versions or was automaticly activated when Subtitle language was choosen from Programmes menu.

I need to test Multimedia player to see if anything is broken. Too bad TV still doesn't support Samba shares or movie scrapers.

I never used "normal" remote, only "smart" one which doesn't have Subtitle button. After putting batteries in basic remote and hitting Subtitle button subtitles are showing and and can cycle if multiple subtitles are available. Thanks for the tip. I also never opened Accessibility menu before so I guess "Subtitles ON" was either ON by default in older FW versions or was automaticly activated when Subtitle language was choosen from Programmes menu.

I need to test Multimedia player to see if anything is broken. Too bad TV still doesn't support Samba shares or movie scrapers.

U can try