Quantcast

URGENT PLEX APP

m571

Hi,

I for one would also really love to have a working plex app for my lg webos tv.

Right now via dlna I can't get (auto downloaded by plex media server) subtitles, I can't resume where I last stopped viewing and I can't see which episodes I already viewed.

For those reasons I really wish to have a plexx app real fast. Also, plex interface is a lot nicer with album covers and fanart and imdb movie information etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, a proper Plex app will be nice.

In the meantime, you can use the browser to browse to your Plex server and get the Plex web app. It's a little slow to browse but otherwise works fine.

Or, what I have done, is to get a Chromecast. Now I can browse Plex on my iPad or Android phone and cast to the TV. It works for YouTube too, allowing a better YouTube browsing experience than the TV's app has.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, a proper Plex app will be nice.

In the meantime, you can use the browser to browse to your Plex server and get the Plex web app. It's a little slow to browse but otherwise works fine.

Or, what I have done, is to get a Chromecast. Now I can browse Plex on my iPad or Android phone and cast to the TV. It works for YouTube too, allowing a better YouTube browsing experience than the TV's app has.

I have an apple TV. Can i stream from my iPad using the plex app to my TV? 

Some of my movie files are on MKV particularly the 3D titles.

Just bought a LG 47LB730V, Brilliant except no Plex app to be seen to my disappointed, out of all the apps, I realy thought that there would be a Plex App Available,

however I am using my Roku 3 connected to it for plex and it runs smoothly, Would like the Plex Smart App though.

link hidden, please login to view

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, I paid for the PLAYz app and use it almost daily. For me it is money well spend.

Subtitles work without problems. If subtitles are available you can turn them on or off, or select which subtitle you want if there is more than one.

I found that changing or selecting subtitle does not work very well from the screen right before you play something. It works best, and without any problems, while playing something by opening the subtitle menu while your movie is playing, so not by going back, but while playing press OK, go to the right and select the speech balloon icon on bottom right of your screen.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.