Quantcast

PreCentral: Choose which email account to reply/send a message from

Choose sending email accountWith webOS synergy you can have up to 16 different email accounts loaded up on your webOS device. If you are viewing an email message or browsing the listing of messages from within a folder of a specific account, when you go to create a new message or reply to an existing one the sending email account will be the one that is currently up on your device. Alternatively, if you create a new message through or tap on an email address elsewhere in the device, the email will be automatically set to be sent from you . But what if that wasn't the email address you wanted to send them message from?  Well, to send the email from a different account, all you need to do is tap the email address on the "FROM" row on the top of a new email message to change the sending address.

There are two main reasons why you would want to use this functionality.  First, as mentioned above, if you are using Just Type to being a message but don’t want to use your default email account, you can easily change it. Second, if you received an email message to one account, but wanted to reply using a different account, you don't need to jump through any hoops or find any workarounds to move the message between accounts. Just tap reply and then change the "FROM" address.

This tip works on all webOS devices and versions, from the original Pre to the TouchPad.

mf.gif

a2t.img06YgeoE3IBo

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.