Quantcast

Unable to load user agreement

VanFleets

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi VanFleets~I wish I had better news, but I thought it would be worth sharing the info I received this morning from LG support over the phone. I just bought the LG 43LJ55 which will not download user agreements. I tried all the suggestions I saw on this forum, including factory reset, changing the DNS to Google’s 8.8.4.4 and then 8.8.8.8, and checking for software updates.  Nothing worked, even though the tv was connected to my WiFi. I called LG. The woman I spoke with walked me through connecting the tv to the personal hotspot from my iPhone. Even when that was done and the tv was connected to WiFi through my iPhone, I still could not download the user agreements. The woman walked me through a few of the things I had already tried, but nothing worked. At that point, she told me I need to call back for ‘Level 2 Tech Support’ after the New Year. I am returning the TV to Best Buy tomorrow. This just doesn’t seem reasonable to deal with all of this. What’s worse is seeing all of the same complaints I’m seeing in this forum and on other sites. Some users were fortunate to have some of these remedies work, but when the woman said I needed a higher level of support, I am not trusting there is a fix at all.  Good luck!     

UPDATE: I scrolled through all of the forum replies and realized I had not tried one possible solution that a user posted (and that the LG support person did suggest, but didn’t work). I pressed the home button on the remote, chose ‘web browser,’ then on the screen appeared four tiles with different websites. I used the arrow buttons to choose the Google tile, which then prompted me to enter my WiFi password again. Once I did that, it prompted me to download the user agreements, which did not work on the first attempt, but it did when I tried a second time. I am now able to use Netflix.  The user that posted this solution said it was necessary to first try to go to a website (he chose Google) through the browser before being able to get through the user agreement process. The LG support person had me do this, but she had me type the address for Facebook in the address bar. That did not work. Choosing the Google tile did. Hope this helps you!

• Like 1

Hi Peggy

Glad you was able to get it going. I myself got my TV up to par as well. For some reason it was the Ethernet cable that caused the problem. I have WiFi as well hooked up to the TV  so I thought I would try disconnecting the cable and it worked. I don't know why but it did. Downloaded all agreement's and re plugged in the Ethernet cable and all is well.. 

• Like 1

I had my IT department on the phone with me and LG support and we tried everything. Tried different ports, cables, all the different ways LG said and nothing worked.  The reset, trying to go through google, just couldn't bring up the service agreement.  LG is sending a service out to look at my TV. I had to take it off the mount to be services.  I have bought 6- 65", a 49, and 43" and this is the first time this has ever happened and it happened to be the TV for my office. I was happy to pay more for LG products because i have never had any problems and they were quality products. I am questioning this decision right now.