Quantcast

PreCentral: Never Fear, Enyo is Here

Never fear enyo is here

So much has happened in the past 36 hours it’s enough to make your head explode.  First HP announced its

link hidden, please login to view
over a two-year period; then the core . We are happy that the team found fantastic jobs, but we all would like to slap you individually.  Anyone that was up at 10:30 pm yesterday got the heart sinking news via Twitter. Not the best way to be met with bad news the second time in a week. The fans of webOS who are true blue were again slapped in the face. What’s going to happen to our phones, what’s going to happen to the TouchPad? What’s going to happen to webOS? The Enyo team has released this statement:

The core of Enyo 2 is solid. We’re hearing great things from developers about the performance improvements in the last release, and we have another release on the way. After that, we’ll focus on expanding the Onyx widget set. We’ve enlisted the support of the developer relations engineers you know and love to help out as we work on growing the team.

That’s right, we’re growing. As we said earlier this month, we’re hiring — not just to replace the engineers who have left, but to increase the size of the team going forward. If you would like to contribute to the success of Enyo (and get paid for it) please let us know. And of course, all are welcome to contribute to the code by making GitHub pull requests.

Our door is open; if you have any concerns, feel free to voice them in the Enyo forums.  We’re always listening and will do our best to address your questions. We’ll also be out in person at next week’s O’Reilly Fluent Conference in San Francisco, and at HP Discover in Las Vegas the following week — we’d love to see you there.

So there you have it, we are moving on as planned so calm your fears.  The Enyo team are here for the long haul.

mf.gif

a2t.imgS-9wmF1cZvo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      In a world controlled by Internet of Things (IoT) – a network of interconnected physical objects – users leave small online traces, like digital fingerprints. This is better known as ‘digital dust,’ made mostly of unstructured and semi-structured data which can be converted into meaningful insight in the mind of the user through the power of Internet of Behaviors (IoB). Most simply put, IoT collects large amounts of data from devices which IoB then connects to real-world actions.

Proving information helpful in identifying users’ tastes, preferences and habits, IoB has become a crucial tool for developing quality products and services tailored to users’ needs across various industries, including mobility. As digital software becomes more important for developing modern vehicles by promoting better communication between vehicles and various entertainment displays, IoB’s role in the automotive industry is rapidly growing.
      So, how does IoB play its part in the development of future automobiles?
      Driving Tendency

link hidden, please login to view, as discussed in our previous episode, is a vehicle information communication technology that connects cars to the network. Not limited to collecting innumerable behavioral data­ such as driving habits or patterns, when combined with other demographic data such as age, gender and driving history, telematics also becomes a rich source for IoB. By categorizing consumers into different groups, IoB can give unprecedented insight into the mind of the user, such as seeing which features are favored by younger male drivers or if driving styles change according to weather conditions. By providing important insight about different types of drivers, automakers can upgrade vehicle performance by remedying shortcomings and developing features that speak to their target market.
      Face Recognition and Gesture Control System

People were left speechless when digital vehicle displays were first introduced, allowing drivers to control their car with a simple swipe or touch of the screen. Now that vehicle touch displays are commonplace, manufacturers are entering the next phase: touchless systems that use biometric data and body gestures via interior cameras to hand the driver effortless, hands-free control.
      To realize this, each gesture must be coupled with different behavioral data, like a certain hand gesture being assigned for making phone calls. The more data accumulated, the more accurate IoB can be in enhancing the touchless technology and elevating the customer experience to the next level.
      Voice Recognition System

Voice recognition-enabled features ensure hands stay firmly on the wheel for the safest, most convenient driving experience. Many automakers are pursuing various voice-controlled features by collecting voice data via the vehicle’s audio devices. With the help of IoB, this could evolve into an intelligent dialog service capable of comprehending the context and intentions behind someone’s words. If a passenger were to say, “It’s too hot,” an AI speaker might suggest opening a window or automatically circulate outside air through the cabin.
      Reacting to Surroundings

Building a sophisticated system, which collects circumstantial data on the vehicle’s external environment, is just as pivotal to improving in-vehicle experiences as everything else. For autonomous vehicles especially, it’s essential because precisely recognizing the surroundings allows automobiles to make decisions like when to stop, go and which direction to head. Almost every external behavior is analyzed, such as someone running into the road unexpectedly or the speed, direction and particularities of other vehicles on the road or parked. IoB technology puts all this information to good use, bringing future mobility another step closer to reality.

Unlike a decade ago, the future of mobility now depends on the development of software with driving and in-vehicle experiences diversifying as different software systems come into play. The data collected and analyzed through IoB will enhance hardware and software with the customer in mind, allowing automakers to influence future consumer behavior and transform people’s lifestyles for the better.
      To keep pace with this trend, the LG Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company is constantly developing new cutting-edge automobile systems, such as infotainment, center information display (CID), telematics and wireless charging modules for vehicles products, using IoB technologies to invent new and improved customer experiences. LG will continue to endeavor toward a new era where next-level mobility is realized through the power of cutting-edge technologies.
      # # #

• By Dave Br
      Hi.
      What can I do to get my TV to use the full broadband speed that I've got available.  My tv is a 55EC930V and is using a wired connection to my router.
      My broadband is currently running at 125Mbps.  When I use any other devices such as a laptop, mobile phone, etc the speed using fast.com returns anything between 120 to 130 MBps.
      But, when I use the web browser on the TV, it always maxes out at 33Mbps.  This value is reported by fast.com.
      If I use the speed test in the Netflix app, this returns approx 29Mbps.  I never get anything higher, so what's limiting it?  The same problem occurs for YouTube and that's the only other App that I've got installed.
      If the network board in the TV is supposed to be 10-100Mbps, why don't I get 100 Mbps?  I know I won't get 125Mbps because LG never puts 1Gbps in any of it's TVs.
    • By News Reporter
      Summer is on its way, bringing with it the promise of better weather and a golden time of year for sports fans everywhere. And while some major sporting events have been cancelled or delayed, there’s plenty of first-class action to be had with football leagues up and running, basketball playoffs just around the corner, baseball in full swing, as well as tennis and auto racing. With so much to look forward to as we approach the second half or the year, now is the ideal moment to upgrade to a new TV – one that can light your game up and make you feel like you’re right there to witness all the exhilarating contests and mind-blowing plays as they unfold.

Video
      link hidden, please login to view When it comes to shopping for a TV that’s great for watching sports, there’s more to consider than just screen size and color expression. To deliver that realistic stadium/arena feel, high-quality motion control handling is crucial. Because to keep up with the blink-and-you’ll-miss-it movements of the world’s top athletes, you’ll need a TV that can handle it all without any motion blur or drop off in detail. Let’s face it, there’s nothing more frustrating than trying to follow a flickering, blurry soccer ball stuttering its way across the screen, or watching a titanic battle between two star players reduced to a fuzzy, indistinct mess.

Luckily for sports fans, LG offers a variety of “premier league” TVs that can capture all the blistering action in absolute clarity. From multi-award-winning OLED TVs to the soon-to-launch QNED Mini LED TVs, and the more affordable yet highly capable NanoCell TVs; the company has all of your sports-viewing needs covered. With an advanced TV from one of LG’s championship 2021 lineups in the living room, you can watch live as sporting history is made, review the must-see highlights from every game or replay those legendary goals from classic matches.

Conveniently available on LG TVs, Sports Alert keeps you effortlessly up to date on your favorite teams.1 Receive notifications when their games are about to begin, real-time scoring alerts and final results even while you’re watching other content. You can also easily check out your teams’ upcoming matches and other key information so you’re always in the know. Setting up Sports Alert is as easy as can be. Just press the Speak button on the LG Magic Remote and say “Sports Alert” and ThinQ instantly launches the app so you can select the sports leagues and teams you want to follow. After the initial setup, you can sit back, relax, and let LG’s customizable feature keep you abreast of the sports that matter most to you.

The company’s TVs deliver memorable sports-viewing experiences thanks to a combination of outstanding picture quality, large screen sizes, and superb surround sound via Dolby Atmos and LG’s exceptional sound engine, as well as compatibility with a range of external audio solutions. Along with realistic, three-dimensional images and sound, you can enjoy unique features created specifically for sports fans such as Sports Alert.
      LG’s advanced motion handling technology allows its TVs to display action with incredible smoothness, even during the fastest periods of play. So the fuzziness, stuttering and juddering that detracts enjoyment of the game on other TVs won’t be an issue when you team up with LG. LG TVs also boast excellent contrast and the ability to make details sharper in every scene, ensuring every score or stat shown on screen and the names and numbers on players’ jerseys can be easy to read at all times.

Video introducing
      When it comes to immersive sports viewing, sound quality is just as important as image quality. LG TV’s AI Sound Pro offers a dedicated mode for sports that lets you hear all the sounds of the game. Whether it’s the coach shouting orders, players directing their teammates or the ball flying off the boot, bat or racket, you won’t miss a sound. Dolby Atmos support means you can experience dynamic 3D audio at its best, while Bluetooth Surround Ready offers easy connection with LG’s powerful XBOOM speakers and wide selection of soundbars.
      And with multiple AI assistants to choose from, including Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, you can control the entire viewing experience using just your voice so you’ll never again miss a key moment of the big match searching for the remote. The 2021 TVs even offer support for Apple AirPlay 2.2

The wealth of sports streaming apps available on LG’s webOS-based smart TVs makes it easy to keep up with all the leagues you love. Along with a significant number of local options, there are globally-popular services such as Fubo TV, BBC iPlayer, CBS All Access, ESPN and many, many more to choose from.
      For the ultimate in realistic picture quality, LG OLED is your go-to option. Thanks to LG OLED’s self-lit pixels which can turn on and off independently, LG 2021 OLED TVs can display fast-moving sports with outstanding detail, color and contrast, no matter how hectic the action gets. OLED Motion Pro further enhances the impressive motion handling performance of LG’s next-gen TVs, allowing viewers to see the most subtle of details in every split-second play in every type of sport.3 And with screen options ranging from 48- to 88-inches, there’s an LG OLED for every space and every preference.

If you’re looking for a big screen that offers balanced light control along with great contrast, brightness and deeper blacks, QNED Mini LED TV is an excellent choice. LG’s pioneering TV combines Mini LED backlighting with Quantum Dot NanoCell color technology to deliver brighter, clearer images, while a larger number of dimming zones ensures precise backlight control and an ultra-high contrast ratio. The end result is a greater level of detail and more accurate color reproduction than other LG LCD TVs can provide.
      The QNED Mini LED TV lineup also offers compelling large screen choices – 65-, 75-, and 86-inches – each working in harmony with LG’s latest audio products. Once you’ve paired an LG soundbar with the TV, you can use the TV’s Magic Remote to control the soundbar’s volume and sound modes.4

A solid all-rounder, LG NanoCell shouldn’t be overlooked in the ideal for watching sports TV stakes. In addition to providing all of LG’s sports-centric features and ultralarge screen sizes, LG NanoCell produces incredibly pure colors, leveraging 1nm nanoparticles to filter out color impurities and enhance color expression. With 100 percent Color Consistency, the TVs display colors with accuracy and vibrancy, making you feel as though you’re seated in the stands, witnessing the skill and passion of your sporting heroes in person.5 The LG NanoCell range offers a wide selection of screen sizes, starting from a space-friendly 43 inches, and going all the way up to a mammoth 86 inches.
      To learn more about why LG TVs are a sports fan’s dream, click for OLED and for NanoCell.
      (Images simulated to enhance features. May differ from actual use.)
      # # #
      1 Available on 2020 and 2021 models. Sports and sports leagues supported may differ by country. Functionality and EPG limitations vary by country.
      2 Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa support varies by country.
      3 OLED Motion Pro available in G1, C1 and B1 models.
      4 Soundbar Mode Control only available with LG soundbar models SP11, SP9, SP8 and SP7.
      5 Certified by Intertek for 100 percent Color Consistency measured to CIE DE2000 using 18-color Macbeth patterns with viewing angle ±30°.

• By News Reporter
      Life as we knew it may never be the same again. More time spent at home has piqued the interest of consumers looking to adopt a more intelligent way of living. This growing desire for seamless, connected, “work and play” environments is what is bringing the future faster to consumers today. Fortune Business Insights predicts1 the smart home market to reach USD 622.59 billion by 2026. In fact, that’s barely scratching the surface if LG ThinQ as anything to say about it.

What makes the smart technology less daunting today is because now everyone has a smartphone. And through that smartphone, consumers can control all aspects of their connected devices from the bed, the car or the office. The fact that the
      link hidden, please login to view app has been downloaded over 30 million times is proof that there is an audience that’s hungry for the conveniences offered by smart products. But what conveniences are we talking about here? Well, in one research study, LG ThinQ app users in the US said they were most satisfied with the app’s remote-control capabilities.2 Although some smart appliances such as robot vacuums are able to do the work for you, there still isn’t a washing machine that can pick up dirty clothes off the floor or a refrigerator that stocks itself. But just being able to control and monitor the home ecosystem from any location brings a whole new dimension of convenience.

The LG ThinQ app was designed to seamlessly connect with the company’s AI-enabled products and services, giving the user full visibility and access to all compatible home appliances while home or on the go. One Korean user discovered LG ThinQ to be an invaluable solution for her laundry routine. “With remote control and monitoring, I can set the washing machine to finish according to my schedule, which means I’m always free to take the laundry out immediately. I no longer have to worry about smelly or wrinkled clothes,” the user said.3

Proactive Customer Care (PCC) and Smart Diagnosis expand the user experience and is another key way ThinQ has made customers’ lives easier. After self-diagnosing every connected appliance on the system, the ThinQ app alerts users and relays insightful suggestions and tips for maintaining their products’ peak performance, such as changing the filter at appropriate times. “It’s great to have the ThinQ app on hand to remind me when it’s time to replace the air purifier filter,” said one participant in the survey. Instead of having to call in and wait hours (or days) for a service technician to visit, PCC and Smart Diagnosis help users identify and resolve the issues themselves. One ThinQ user noted, “Thanks to the PCC feature I’m able to receive alerts on my parent’s appliances so I can do all the maintenance work for them.”

Beyond adding value, LG smart home solutions are delivering more environmentally friendly features to match the priorities of environmentally-conscious consumers. In fact, energy-saving capabilities are one of the top drivers for American consumers switching from conventional devices to smart home products, according to the survey.
      On the LG ThinQ app, energy monitoring dashboards displaying monthly usage information are available for every appliance so that users can see where they might be able to save energy by modifying their behavior. “I can never remember if I shut the refrigerator door all the way or switched the TV off,” admitted an environmental advocate who participated in the research. “Being able to check and control all of this on my phone is a huge relief.”
      Vacation mode is another proven way to minimize energy use in the home when empty, and features such as Active Save perform tasks like measuring refrigerator openings throughout the day so that refrigerators can switch from low to high power modes automatically, all according to when the user prefers using them.

The ThinQ app is constantly evolving to better meet consumer needs. Additional features to be introduced in the 1st half of this year include Scan-To-Cook and Meal Kit orders which take the stress out of planning and preparing meals at home. Future features and services will focus on delivering the freedom and convenience that make LG customers’ lives measureably more comfortable than without ThinQ.
      Learn more about LG’s smart appliances and the ThinQ app at .
      # # #
      2 Kantar survey commissioned by LG surveyed 500 respondents with household incomes within the top 60 percentile in New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago.
      3 Nielsen survey commissioned by LG interviewed 40 Korean IoT brand users between ages 20-44.

• By MarkoK
      I have LG 55UM7450PLA LED TV. It came out of the box with firmware v04.70.20. and was working fine. After I installed the new firmware from
      link hidden, please login to view the picture degraded. In fact not so much the picture in general but processing of text, logos, subtitles etc. Like some bad and heavy picture compression is going on. I did reset the TV and cold reboot and tried with all possbile picture combinations but nothing helped. Now Im stuck until the next official update because it seams that LG uploaded the TEST/BETA firmware! This info I found out .