Quantcast

PreCentral: webOS Developer Center update offers customer reviews and shorter promo codes

webOS Developer Center update offers customer reviews and shorter promo codes

Hosanna! Updates to the HP webOS Developer Center! As we begged and pleaded in

link hidden, please login to view
, there's a great need for shorter, more consumer-friendly promo codes. The kind you can easily re-type, you know, maybe 15 characters tops instead of something that rivals Microsoft's validation codes for having an excessive number of characters.

As we noted then, the current system of 32 alpha-numeric digits allows for 1.9 quattuordecillion (that's 1.9 billion trillion trillion trillion) possible codes. No matter how successful webOS possibly is in the future, it'll never got through that many promo codes. Developers now have the option of generating "printable" codes that are fifteen characters long instead. The codes are also a much much much easier to process five letters, five numbers, and five letters. That's still 20.6 quintillion possible combinations, so the chances of somebody successfully guessing a functional code are still more than remote.

There's been another update that's far more important for most developers: they can now read reviews left in the App Catalog by users from the developer portal website. The reviews expose not just the name, date, rating, and text of the review (like the App Catalog itself does), but also allow for on-the-fly translation and show the developer what version of the app that user had installed. This makes it easier to track down bugs based on the version (or see if somebody is just using an outdated version of the app and has been ignoring update prompts on their phone). The developer center reviews still don't make it possible for the developer to contact the user to address any issues they might have (be it PIBKAC errors or a legitimate problem with the app), but being able to review the reviews from someplace other than the App Catalog. It's a step forward, and hopefully the first of many.

mf.gif

a2t.imgFTxOptbDyjA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By nkat
      Hello Team,
      I'm unable to play any video  any video on LG TV WebOS browswer. 
      I've tried to play
      link hidden, please login to viewm also, but no luck. I've toggled (on and off) the 'Adpative Javascript video stream' settings in browser but no luck.
      Can any one help on this .?
    • By News Reporter
      Company Introduces Stunning Home Appliances Featuring Moooi’s Distinctive
      Patterns at Must-see Exhibition

SEOUL, Apr. 16, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG), in collaboration with premium Dutch lifestyle brand Moooi, is presenting the ‘A Life Extraordinary’ exhibition at Milan Design Week (MDW) 2024, running from April 16-21. The exhibition is a fusion of bold aesthetics and advanced technologies, where LG’s innovative home appliances meet Moooi’s distinctive designs and interior objects, coming together in a stunning showcase of sophisticated home living.
      A Must-see Exhibition: Innovative in Home Appliances as Objet d’Art
      Moooi’s “creative luxury” is immediately apparent in each engaging and elegant display that makes up the memorable exhibit. The Dutch company’s curated furniture pieces, lightings, patterns and interior accessories are perfectly paired with a wide range of stylish, premium LG appliances. Among these are the PuriCare AeroFurniture, InstaView bottom-freezer refrigerator with MoodUP, Styler clothing management system and Styler ShoeCase. LG’s state-of-the-art products and Moooi’s designer offerings not only offer convenience and comfort but also create a visually harmonious ensemble that can instantly elevate any indoor space.
      Works of Art: LG Home Appliances with Exclusive Moooi Patterns
      Following up last year’s successful collaboration, LG is introducing even more eye-catching Moooi designs for the PuriCare AeroFurniture at MDW. Moooi’s new Silk Bombis patterns, embodying the distinctive appearance and habitat of the silkworm, augment the unashamedly modern styling of LG’s table-type air purifier. These patterns infuse the surrounding décor with gorgeous colors and imaginative aesthetics, adding a sense of liveliness.
      The LG PuriCare AeroFurniture, with its cutting-edge air purification technologies, convenient functions and a compact, cylindrical form factor, provides cleaner indoor air and a décor-friendly yet highly practical design. In addition to 360-degree air purification for a healthier, more pleasant environment, the AeroFurniture offers a mood lighting feature that allows users to easily alter the ambiance of the room to match their mood or occasion.
      Lifestyle Appliances: Harmonizing Design and Tech in an Extraordinary Space
      The Milan showcase also puts the spotlight on the evolved design and thoughtful features of groundbreaking LG home appliances, such as the LG InstaView bottom-freezer refrigerator with MoodUP. The impressive new model incorporates an InstaView panel with color-changing LED lighting on its fridge door, and a color-changing MoodUP panel on its freezer door. Users can choose from 438 color combinations for the freezer door and InstaView lighting, giving them considerable scope to customize the fridge’s appearance and transform the atmosphere in the kitchen.
      Another lifestyle innovation on show in Milan is the LG Styler ShoeCase. The product allows users to display their favorite sneakers as if they were works of art, thanks to its 360-degree rotating turntable and transparent ‘display case’ panels. The Styler ShoeCase also provides a complete shoe care solution by maintaining the ideal conditions for shoe storage.  Visitors can also explore LG’s latest Styler, a steam clothing care solution which blend seamlessly into the visually sumptuous LG x Moooi showroom.
      “Our collaboration with Moooi at Milan Design Week presents an extraordinary experience where technology and design meet, and seamlessly merge,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “Leveraging the best of technology and design, we will continue to deliver advanced innovations tailored to the needs and tastes of each customer.”
      Moooi’s exhibition envisioned by LG is being held during Milan Design Week from April 16-21 at the Salone dei Tessuti, 29 Via S. Gregorio, Milan, Italy.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By pivotCE
      link hidden, please login to view hold a number of events. This year’s will be of interest to fans of webOS phones, tablets and other computing devices of the past. The festival is held at the and runs over three days from the 12th to 14th of April. The festival includes three elements:
      – some with modifications to function in the modern environment. and . . For readers of this blog, representation of webOS devices will be in two of those areas. Jon W of the is attending over the weekend and will give a 50 minute talk at 900am on Saturday the 13th. The consignment shop will have a small selection of webOS devices for those who are interested.
      So if you are in the area, why not go along?
      If you can’t make it, you can follow along via the and TouchPads are available remotely at
      Discussion is at the . You can read more .
      Picture Credit: .
      The post first appeared on . Related posts:

• By tomatowarden
      Hey everyone, I've been using my LG WebOS TV for some time now, and there's a small but impactful change I'd love to see. Currently, when the TV is turned on without an HDMI input, it defaults to displaying a wallpaper. It's not aesthetically pleasing, it's a bit of an inconvenience for users like me who primarily use the TV's smart features.My suggestion is to include an option that allows the TV to boot directly into the Home screen, displaying all the available apps and streaming options right away. This would streamline the user experience, making it faster and easier to access the services we use most.Would love to hear the community's thoughts on this. Cheers!