Quantcast

PreCentral: The Nokia Lumia 900 - Windows Phone's best shot yet [the competition]

The Nokia Lumia 900 - Windows Phone's best shot yet [the competition]

An 800x480 screen, 1.4GHz Qualcomm processor, 512MB of RAM, 16GB of storage, an underappreciated but not fully matured operating system with a unique look and feel, and a physical design unlike anything else on the market. Name that phone. Is it the announced-15-months-ago-but-never-released HP Pre3, or

link hidden, please login to view
running Windows Phone on AT&T?

Well, it's both. Nokia's latest Windows Phone 7 salvo is hitting AT&T with the force of, well, Nokia and Microsoft, and unlike the Pre3, you can actually buy it in stores. Our friend Daniel Rubino over at WPCentral just reviewed the latest Windows Phone flagship device, and here's what he found plenty to love:

For $99 on contract, the Lumia 900 is one of the nicest Windows Phone on the market today and for the foreseeing future all at a great price. It has solid hardware including super-fast 4G LTE and the latest version of Windows Phone Mango ensuring a great experience for new users and veterans looking for an upgrade. Plus the device oozes with Nokia’s quality craftsmanship making it a device many will want to talk about. With all the hype around this phone, this could be the next “it” device for the summer.

That $99 price point is really the super interesting part. Nokia and Microsoft are pushing this hard, and with that subsidy it's clear that AT&T is planning to push it hard too. AT&T says that the marketing drive for the Lumia 900 will be their biggest ever, eclipsing even their efforts for the iPhone. It's an interesting show to see the difference that a committed (and perhaps desperate) companies like Nokia and Microsoft can make when they through their full weight behind a product. Not that we're making any allusions to the fate of webOS under HP or anything…

mf.gif

a2t.imgj9tROX4OpN0

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Marko00
      I've bought OLED55CX3LA and have screenshare errors ever since. 
      I'm using Dell machine with Windows 10 onboard.
      Almost every time I try to connect using "connect with remote screen" windows option, I get the pop up that
      only with cancel button.

Sometimes there is approval button but mostly I have only "cancel" option. 
      Have this error on OLED55CX3LA and one older model. Same behavior. 

Mobile screen sharing working perfectly fine.

How to fix it?
      I've cleared the connection history but without any success.
      Not sure if I should put it on warranty or if there is some simple fix?

• By bogeyman62
      Has anyone been able to run Screen Share from a Windows 10 PC? Mine will not connect to the LG TV.
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s SIGNATURE OLED M 97-Inch TV Honored for Delivering 4K Without the Cables

ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, Oct. 25, 2023 — This week, TIME revealed its annual list of the Best Inventions, naming
      link hidden, please login to view to the list which features 200 extraordinary innovations changing our lives. Launched in the U.S. this past August, the LG SIGNATURE OLED M is the world’s first OLED TV with 4K 120hz wireless connectivity and is available in 97-, 83-, and 77-inch models. The TIME’s Best Inventions of 2023 list is compiled by nominations from TIME’s editors and correspondents around the world, and through an online application process, paying special attention to growing fields—such as AI, green energy, and sustainability. Each contender is evaluated on a number of key factors, including originality, efficacy, ambition, and impact. See the full list here: .
      Of the new list, TIME’s editors write: “The result is a list of 200 groundbreaking inventions (and 50 special mention inventions)—including the world’s most powerful supercomputer, a game-changing entertainment venue, and a new shape—that are changing how we live, work, play, and think about what’s possible.”
      Drawing on a decade of OLED innovation to deliver exceptional viewing experiences, the LG SIGNATURE OLED M is a testament to LG’s technical and design prowess. The LG SIGNATURE OLED M features a Zero Connect Box to wirelessly transmit high-quality video and audio to the screen at 4K 120Hz, leaving the area around the screen free from the visual distractions of cables and TV accessories. The LG SIGNATURE OLED M’s wireless solution represents true innovation and a crucial step forward in the evolution of TVs.
      To learn more about the LG SIGNATURE OLED M, visit .
      # # #

• By GMosley
      I have three LG Smart TVs in my home. I have a Windows 11 PC with videos on the hard drive. It seems like I should be able to connect to the PC videos from any one of the TVs. When I "show all inputs" on the TV, the PC shows up. When I select it, I get the message "Device not connected". All devices are connected to the home wifi network. I also have LG's SmartShare running on the PC and the video folder has been selected for sharing.
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks.
    • By JeanF
      Is-it possible to have another navigator like Firefox in addition to WebOS ? How ?